2021 Offseason player / roster discussion: Who's Next, This Song is Over, Won't Get Fooled Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
The more I consider options, the more I'm down for this:

Eichel to LA for Turcotte, Vilardi, Bjornfot, 2021 1st, 2022 1st

Draft
1a. Beniers
1b. (LA) Svechkov
2a. Boucher

Solidify center with Beniers, who projects as a fast ROR, and Svechkov, who projects as a really good two-way center. Boucher adds a Wilson/Anderson type of power forward to the organization.

This is the way.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
The more I consider options, the more I'm down for this:

Eichel to LA for Turcotte, Vilardi, Bjornfot, 2021 1st, 2022 1st

Draft
1a. Beniers
1b. (LA) Svechkov
2a. Boucher

Solidify center with Beniers, who projects as a fast ROR, and Svechkov, who projects as a really good two-way center. Boucher adds a Wilson/Anderson type of power forward to the organization.

This is the way.
Too many centers and there may be a problem with the positions of RDs, goalies and possibly wingers.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Too many centers and there may be a problem with the positions of RDs, goalies and possibly wingers.

No such thing as too many centers.

Cozens and Beniers, as an example, played at wing in the WJCs.

Centers is the hardest position to acquire. Get them, flip them to wing or trade them if you've got too many.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
No such thing as too many centers.

Cozens and Beniers, as an example, played at wing in the WJCs.

Centers is the hardest position to acquire. Get them, flip them to wing or trade them if you've got too many.
I thought Beniers was playing 2C in the WJC with Boldy and Caufield on the wings. I want to explain my position. I'm not sure Beniers will be as effective on the wing as in the center and this applies to other players as well. I would just take a congenital winger for this. A good center depth is important, but when you have Mitts, Cozens, Turcotte, Beniers, Vilardi, Svechkov it seems to me too much. I think players like Mitts, Turcotte, Beniers, Vilardi and Svechkov will be more effective in the center and it is there that they will be able to reveal their full potential. Look at Reinhart, I liked his game in the center more than on the wing.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I thought Beniers was playing 2C in the WJC with Boldy and Caufield on the wings. I want to explain my position. I'm not sure Beniers will be as effective on the wing as in the center and this applies to other players as well. I would just take a congenital winger for this. A good center depth is important, but when you have Mitts, Cozens, Turcotte, Beniers, Vilardi, Svechkov it seems to me too much. I think players like Mitts, Turcotte, Beniers, Vilardi and Svechkov will be more effective in the center and it is there that they will be able to reveal their full potential. Look at Reinhart, I liked his game in the center more than on the wing.

It’s only too much of they all work out and reach their potential. Which is unlikely

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
It’s only too much of they all work out and reach their potential. Which is unlikely
Perhaps, but are you sure Beniers will be better than Guenther or Kent Johnson on the wing? I'm not sure about that.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Perhaps, but are you sure Beniers will be better than Guenther or Kent Johnson on the wing? I'm not sure about that.

Yea I think you draft best player available, and ignore position. Whether we have centers or whatever seems like something we shouldn’t really care about.

but yea, if those players will be better nhl players than beniers, then I hope we get on of them

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Yea I think you draft best player available, and ignore position. Whether we have centers or whatever seems like something we shouldn’t really care about.

but yea, if those players will be better nhl players than beniers, then I hope we get on of them
I agree, you choose the best player. Karmanos recently stressed that they will pick the player they think will be the best player in the future. I don’t know, maybe I didn’t understand a little because of the difficulties of the language, but it seems as if it means: "We will take the one with the higher ceiling".

Reactions: Dirty Dog

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
If Eichel and Reinhart are traded, Cozens and Mittelstadt are literally our only centers on the team...besides Eakin.

Even in our entire organization it's just them two plus maybe Pekar as a bottom 6er.

We can't go forward without more center depth in the organization. If we keep Eichel and Reinhart that's a totally different story. We would have a 1C and 2C plus two promising, but not sure things, centers. Without them we are putting all our eggs in the Cozens/Mitts basket with no depth at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: brian_griffin

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
If Eichel and Reinhart are traded, Cozens and Mittelstadt are literally our only centers on the team...besides Eakin.

Even in our entire organization it's just them two plus maybe Pekar as a bottom 6er.

We can't go forward without more center depth in the organization. If we keep Eichel and Reinhart that's a totally different story. We would have a 1C and 2C plus two promising, but not sure things, centers. Without them we are putting all our eggs in the Cozens/Mitts basket with no depth at all.
Ya gotta think there's at least one nhl ready/proven center coming back

But I agree with the crowd that you can't have too many centers

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

Imagine if the organization does something really dumb like go all in on Mitts being our #2 center. Seriously, what organization would do something that dumb...

Oh.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Olofsson on the first line in Swedens historical loss against Denmark.
Worst player on the team along with Lundeström and Rakell.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

I will not stand by while the good name of Cody Eakin is besmirched!

He plays center!

But seriously, if Kevyn trades both Eichel and Reinhart without 1 NHL calibre center in return, he should be shot into the sun.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad