2021 Offseason player / roster discussion: Who's Next, This Song is Over, Won't Get Fooled Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Not every team is going to give full value for Eichel right now due to health concerns. Some would take the chance. Don't sell low. His value will be better if he shows it on the ice.

The best option is still to keep Eichel and Reinhart for this season (up to the trade deadline if the team is still bad), hire a good coach and get a couple goalies. Show them the team wants to win.

Dough72

Sep 3, 2008
Adams mentioned surrounding the young core with the right players. They are going to go and sign more Eakins and Shearys. High character guys with playoff experience that suck at hockey.
not sure about those two specifically but high character guys with experience are exactly what you want to surround young stars with. I think zach hyman is a ufa soon and he'd be the type to look for, a terrific linemate for just about anybody because his talent is doing the heavy lifting and making his linemates jobs easier. But the last thing buffalo should do is surround their young core with one-dimensional c-list scorers who want the puck on their own stick because they are useless without it. And not particularly good with it either, otherwise they would be part of some teams core themselves.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
not sure about those two specifically but high character guys with experience are exactly what you want to surround young stars with. I think zach hyman is a ufa soon and he'd be the type to look for, a terrific linemate for just about anybody because his talent is doing the heavy lifting and making his linemates jobs easier. But the last thing buffalo should do is surround their young core with one-dimensional c-list scorers who want the puck on their own stick because they are useless without it. And not particularly good with it either, otherwise they would be part of some teams core themselves.

I agree with you about Hyman. He is the hardworking hard nosed type player that the Sabres lack. Im skeptical about the Sabres identifying the right complementary players though, because they almost never do. Not sure if he'd want to come here without the Sabres overpaying him.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
I agree with you about Hyman. He is the hardworking hard nosed type player that the Sabres lack. Im skeptical about the Sabres identifying the right complementary players though, because they almost never do. Not sure if he'd want to come here without the Sabres overpaying him.
Hyman is from Toronto and a very wealthy family. He will resign with the Leafs cheap.

Reactions: elchud

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
There's really no free agents to help this team. Hamilton is happy in Carolina and will do a team friendly deal. Landeskog is a pipe dream. LHD is really weak.

Danault I think will get a crazy overpay from someone. Nuge...I dunno...would probably cost 5x7.5 and I dont think he would/could replace Sam or Jack. Oleksiak could be a value next year but its so thin an LHD this summer. Maybe can find value in Granlund or Armia. Other than that its 4th liners, which we could certainly use.

There are a lot of goalies available. If we do resign Ullmark, 1.5M should get you a solid backup.

Kramdaman

Apr 22, 2014
I think you have to scrub Eichel/Risto from the Roster.

I offer Sam a max extension for 7-8 a year and see if he bites. If he doesn’t, I’m moving him this off-season.

Lets make a Hockey Trade post Expansion:
Calgary Receives:
Jack Eichel
Rasmus Ristolainen

Buffalo Receives:
Matthew Tkachuck
Elias Lindholm
Jusso Valimaki
Connor Zary

johnnystormcgy

May 26, 2007
I think you have to scrub Eichel/Risto from the Roster.

I offer Sam a max extension for 7-8 a year and see if he bites. If he doesn’t, I’m moving him this off-season.

Lets make a Hockey Trade post Expansion:
Calgary Receives:
Jack Eichel
Rasmus Ristolainen

Buffalo Receives:
Matthew Tkachuck
Elias Lindholm
Jusso Valimaki
Connor Zary

That’s way too much, but I would base something around Tkachuk + Monahan (Don’t need Risto).

I guess the question for the Sabres is do you want players that will step onto your team now or in the future?

Not even close, close, or get the heck off our boards??

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
That’s way too much, but I would base something around Tkachuk + Monahan (Don’t need Risto).

I guess the question for the Sabres is do you want players that will step onto your team now or in the future?

Not even close, close, or get the heck off our boards??

I'm not sure you'll find a lot of love for Monahan on these boards.

Tkachuk/Zary/1st for Eichel seems just about right.

And as strange as this is to say, if you really want to ditch Monahan on us on top of Tkachuk.........you'd need to take cap back.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

johnnystormcgy

May 26, 2007
I'm not sure you'll find a lot of love for Monahan on these boards.

Tkachuk/Zary/1st for Eichel seems just about right.

And as strange as this is to say, if you really want to ditch Monahan on us on top of Tkachuk.........you'd need to take cap back.

Just curious, who would your top two centres be next year? If you traded Eichel?

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

Yeah :(
I mean, shit, Adams just signed Eakin last summer. Cody. Eakin. For 2 years. For more than league minimum.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Yeah :(
I mean, shit, Adams just signed Eakin last summer. Cody. Eakin. For 2 years. For more than league minimum.
But then there was Krueger and there was no Karmanos, also Granato did not seem to trust bad players too much. Maybe there won't be such bad signings this offseason, at least I hope so.

Reactions: jc17 and Zman5778

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Despite the fact that it blew up in our faces, you have to go for someone like Hall if he becomes available in free agency.

At least it was for one year instead of seven years.
That was a good signing. If Eichel and Ullmark stay healthy this is a different team but they still have the problem of Krueger shitting the bed. Hall has 8G, 6A in 14 games with the Bruins. The Sabres would be looking at the same kind of production from Hall playing on a healthy Eichel's wing.

2 others

Mar 9, 2021
You look at all this talent in the playoffs right now, and you still want to trade Eichel?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad