2021 Offseason player / roster discussion: Who's Next, This Song is Over, Won't Get Fooled Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I have a really uneasy feeling in my stomach, I think an Eichel trade happens in the next week and it is a package that Adams will tout as exactly what he needed to move him and one we tout as " oh no honey, what is you doing!?" Territory

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I have a really uneasy feeling in my stomach, I think an Eichel trade happens in the next week and it is a package that Adams will tout as exactly what he needed to move him and one we tout as " oh no honey, what is you doing!?" Territory
Well what would you consider an "Oh no" trade?

My minimum is a 1st line NHL ready prospect and a top 10 pick.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

I think the general consensus will be -- he did OK, but we could have gotten one more decent piece. It'd be like the opposite criticism of Murray, who usually gave up one too many pieces to get what he wanted.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I think we get something close to that or just under. I keep seeing 3rd overall, Henrique and Comtois. I did see one with Perrault added but I still feel queasy.

If it's 3, Comtois and Henrique -- that's OK, but could've gotten another piece.
3, Comtois, Perreault and Henrique would be a bit shy, but more in line with a "proper" return.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
If it's 3, Comtois and Henrique -- that's OK, but could've gotten another piece.
3, Comtois, Perreault and Henrique would be a bit shy, but more in line with a "proper" return.
That first one should get Adams banned for life from holding a GM position. 2 prospects and a crap veteran whose well past it.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I know elite prospects are untouchable but Eichel is the type of player you move one for. It has to be the teams best prospect but I just don't see Adams holding out for it.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I think the general consensus will be -- he did OK, but we could have gotten one more decent piece. It'd be like the opposite criticism of Murray, who usually gave up one too many pieces to get what he wanted.

Translation: People like lying to themselves to be able to continue on.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I’m at….if he gets both a high pick and a top tier prospect I’m taking it as a w and moving on with life.

I ‘m prepared for him to get a high pick, second tier prospect and a decent but not proven to be any more than that young player and though in my heart I’ll know it’s terrible and I let a franchise player go for a bag of magic beans I won’t be surprised or at this point even angry because we don’t have a qualified hockey person making hockey decisions so you get what you get.

If we get less than that or that but he takes on a bad contract and still can’t pull a high end young player or prospect…I mean…what am I going to do? Pretend to be surprised?

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Dach + 11ov, without taking any extra salary back would be a very good deal imo. People keep missing this point. I don't think it happens FWIW - is there any proof/link that this is what is on the table?

You have to see this return as Dach + 11ov + 10m cap space.

10m cap is hugely valuable in itself.

Reactions: Gimli and elchud

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Dach + 11ov, without taking any extra salary back would be a very good deal imo. People keep missing this point. I don't think it happens FWIW - is there any proof/link that this is what is on the table?

You have to see this return as Dach + 11ov + 10m cap space.

10m cap is hugely valuable in itself.
Well, actually, Chicago has nothing but Dach to seriously qualify for Eichel, I mean only futures. It could be a hockey deal or a mix of futures + player from the squad.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Well, actually, Chicago has nothing but Dach to seriously qualify for Eichel, I mean only futures. It could be a hockey deal or a mix of futures + player from the squad.

Dach has to be the blue chip - i agree. When you consider the likely floor of 11ov vs. 3ov for example - 11ov can't be the blue chip.

That said - 11ov is still a valuable piece & is an excellent secondary piece.

Plus the fact we wouldn't be taking any salary back as described above. So you could sign Dougie Hamilton using that space for example, or gain more valuable assets by taking bad contracts, etc.

It would be a very good return imo. A few of you are talking like this is reported to be on the table... I'm questioning that.

Reactions: elchud

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Dach has to be the blue chip - i agree. When you consider the likely floor of 11ov vs. 3ov for example - 11ov can't be the blue chip.

That said - 11ov is still a valuable piece & is an excellent secondary piece.

Plus the fact we wouldn't be taking any salary back as described above. So you could sign Dougie Hamilton using that space for example, or gain more valuable assets by taking bad contracts, etc.

It would be a very good return imo. A few of you are talking like this is reported to be on the table... I'm questioning that.
Adams must insist on quality, not quantity.

Reactions: Gimli

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
I agree - but accept that Eichel will be the best player in the deal, hands down. It's just a fact.

Dach + 11ov is an example of quality over quantity IMO. That's the best we're likely to get. Two valuable pieces plus a ton of cap space.

In a more ideal situation (only Eichel is malcontent) yes, the cap space is a huge asset.

Dougie Hamilton aint signing here. Neither is Ovechkin or Landeskog.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
I agree - but accept that Eichel will be the best player in the deal, hands down. It's just a fact.

Dach + 11ov is an example of quality over quantity IMO. That's the best we're likely to get. Two valuable pieces plus a ton of cap space.

I wouldn't mind if it included Reichel and Connolly. To help Chicago work the cap. :P

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Sometimes the player with the most skill is not the player who is best for the team's success. Sometimes leadership, attitude, and determination will make a lesser skilled player the guy who can take a team to victory. So far Eichel has shown me has all the physical tools to be THE guy but he has not convinced me he has the other attributes. In assessing trade possibilities I am sure other teams are looking at this--and I bet Sabres brass are too.

Reactions: Gimli

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Let's take another shot at an offseason plan.

Trades
[BUF/ANA] Jack Eichel and Tage Thompson for Trevor Zegras, Max Comtois, Adam Henrique, and Troy Terry
[BUF/VAN] Sam Reinhart for 2021 1st (#9), Jett Woo, and Loui Eriksson
[BUF/ARI] Rasmus Ristolainen for Darcy Kuemper
[BUF/SEA] 2021 4th for Seattle agreeing to select Colin Miller

Expansion List
Forwards: Skinner, Olofsson, Mittelstadt, Asplund, Bjork, Henrique, Terry
Defensemen: Dahlin, Jokiharju, Borgen
Goaltender: Ullmark

Draft
1 (1): Owen Power
1 (9): Fabian Lysell
2 (32): Logan Stankoven

Buyouts
Kyle Okposo, Cody Eakin

Extensions
Rasmus Dahlin - 2 years, $4.25M AAV
Max Comtois - 2 years, $2.75M AAV
Henri Jokiharju - 2 years, $2.25M AAV
Casey Mittelstadt - 2 years, $2M AAV
Rasmus Asplund - 2 years, $850K AAV

UFAs
Chris Driedger - 3 years, $4M AAV
David Savard - 1 year, $2M
Patrik Nemeth - 1 year, $2M
Jon Merrill - 1 year, $2M
Riley Nash - 1 year, $1M

2021-22 Buffalo Sabres
Jeff Skinner - Adam Henrique - Dylan Cozens
Max Comtois - Trevor Zegras - Victor Olofsson
Arttu Ruotsalainen - Casey Mittelstadt - Troy Terry
Zemgus Girgensons - Rasmus Asplund - Anders Bjork
x Loui Eriksson, Riley Nash

Rasmus Dahlin - Henri Jokiharju
Jon Merrill - David Savard
Patrik Nemeth - Will Borgen
Jacob Bryson

Chris Driedger / Darcy Kuemper

Cap Hit: $67,107,458

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Sometimes the player with the most skill is not the player who is best for the team's success. Sometimes leadership, attitude, and determination will make a lesser skilled player the guy who can take a team to victory. So far Eichel has shown me has all the physical tools to be THE guy but he has not convinced me he has the other attributes. In assessing trade possibilities I am sure other teams are looking at this--and I bet Sabres brass are too.

Other teams aren’t run by incompetent people incapable of putting together a roster and adding an elite talent to an actual stable foundation and seeing the results is something we will watch the results of in complete pain and misery for the next decade.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Let's take another shot at an offseason plan.

Trades
[BUF/ANA] Jack Eichel and Tage Thompson for Trevor Zegras, Max Comtois, Adam Henrique, and Troy Terry
[BUF/VAN] Sam Reinhart for 2021 1st (#9), Jett Woo, and Loui Eriksson
[BUF/ARI] Rasmus Ristolainen for Darcy Kuemper
[BUF/SEA] 2021 4th for Seattle agreeing to select Colin Miller

Expansion List
Forwards: Skinner, Olofsson, Mittelstadt, Asplund, Bjork, Henrique, Terry
Defensemen: Dahlin, Jokiharju, Borgen
Goaltender: Ullmark

Draft
1 (1): Owen Power
1 (9): Fabian Lysell
2 (32): Logan Stankoven

Buyouts
Kyle Okposo, Cody Eakin

Extensions
Rasmus Dahlin - 2 years, $4.25M AAV
Max Comtois - 2 years, $2.75M AAV
Henri Jokiharju - 2 years, $2.25M AAV
Casey Mittelstadt - 2 years, $2M AAV
Rasmus Asplund - 2 years, $850K AAV

UFAs
Chris Driedger - 3 years, $4M AAV
David Savard - 1 year, $2M
Patrik Nemeth - 1 year, $2M
Jon Merrill - 1 year, $2M
Riley Nash - 1 year, $1M

2021-22 Buffalo Sabres
Jeff Skinner - Adam Henrique - Dylan Cozens
Max Comtois - Trevor Zegras - Victor Olofsson
Arttu Ruotsalainen - Casey Mittelstadt - Troy Terry
Zemgus Girgensons - Rasmus Asplund - Anders Bjork
x Loui Eriksson, Riley Nash

Rasmus Dahlin - Henri Jokiharju
Jon Merrill - David Savard
Patrik Nemeth - Will Borgen
Jacob Bryson

Chris Driedger / Darcy Kuemper

Cap Hit: $67,107,458
That Reinhart trade is a fireable offense. I also doubt Arz would move Kuemper, at all.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Well what would you consider an "Oh no" trade?

My minimum is a 1st line NHL ready prospect and a top 10 pick.
This seems limiting. Who fits the bill besides zegras +3? Even then is zegras top line ready?

Seattle doesn't have top line talent.
NJ: zacha/hischier +5. I Don't see it
Columbus: no 1st line ready prospect
Detroit: see above. Raymond doesn't seem to be there now
SJ: is Meier a prospect?
LAK: Turcotte and byfield are good prospects, not first liners right now
Vancouver: maybe podkolzin
Ottawa: stutzle

I don't know, I have a hard time seeing a first line ready prospect and a top 10 pick coming because you're limited to like Ottawa and Anaheim

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
That Reinhart trade is a fireable offense. I also doubt Arz would move Kuemper, at all.

That’s the most realistic trade package value I’ve seen, though I would want a more enticing prospect because of taking LE’s contract, I’d be fine with that deal. And in a season where it’s about developing and a year it’s okay to take cap dumps, it’s not that big of a deal to take a 1 year remaining contract.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
That’s the most realistic trade package value I’ve seen, though I would want a more enticing prospect because of taking LE’s contract, I’d be fine with that deal. And in a season where it’s about developing and a year it’s okay to take cap dumps, it’s not that big of a deal to take a 1 year remaining contract.

If we're helping out a team by taking on a godawful contract like LE, we need to get more back.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
If we're helping out a team by taking on a godawful contract like LE, we need to get more back.

It’s why I said I would want a more enticing prospect, but at the same time, it’s only for one more year, which shouldn’t be looked at as doing that much of a favor in terms of value. If it was for 2-3 years then I would say a bigger value prospect.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
It’s why I said I would want a more enticing prospect, but at the same time, it’s only for one more year, which shouldn’t be looked at as doing that much of a favor in terms of value. If it was for 2-3 years then I would say a bigger value prospect.

Pod. That LE deal is much worse than the Marleau deal that Tor had to pay a 1st to ditch.

Reactions: JesterCheese
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad