2021 Offseason player / roster discussion: Who's Next, This Song is Over, Won't Get Fooled Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
I just can't see the Ducks tagging No. 3 onto Zegras. That would certainly be my ask, but I think the conversation would end pretty quickly.

I keep going back to the Mike Richards trade as a comp. Richards was a prime-aged elite player with term when Philly traded him. He went for Schenn (top prospect in hockey at the time), Simmonds (young NHLer with promising seasons behind him), and a 2nd. Sure, Jack is better now than Richards was then. But I think a return along those lines is likely.

Eichel for Zegras, Comtois, 2nd. Cap dump as needed.

Reinhart for Turcotte.

Draft Power.

If Adams manages to come out of this Eichel/Reinhart fiasco with three of Power, Beniers, Zegras and Turcotte, I'd consider it a win given the circumstances (despite dealing the best players).

Zegras, Cozens, Mittelstadt, Turcotte, Quinn, Comtois, Dahlin, Power, Jokiharju certainly comprises a promising stable of 23u talent. It would at least re-energize my interest in and love for the Sabres...for now.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Pretty much this,

has good hands for a bigger guy, scores a lot of his goals from within 10 feet of the net… good enough skater to get inside position and keep his stick down to score a lot of tap in/close goals.

I wouldn’t call him physical, but he’s not soft either…. His shot is decent, and his play making ability has definitely gotten better in his time as a ducks prospect.

i think he’ll be a 25-30 goal guy, that adds 20-30 assists. He also loves hockey more than any prospect I’ve ever seen…. He spends a lot of his time away from the ice playing street hockey on the beach

He’d be a fan favour in Buffalo (in general). Maybe not as much as he would be if he’s part of the Eichel return, but that’s not really his fault.

Anaheim fans are similar to Buffalo fans as far as what players become fan favourites. Only difference is the women wear bikinis in winter while in Buffalo they wear parkas!

Reactions: Getz2noone

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He’d be a fan favour in Buffalo (in general). Maybe not as much as he would be if he’s part of the Eichel return, but that’s not really his fault.

Anaheim fans are similar to Buffalo fans as far as what players become fan favourites. Only difference is the women wear bikinis in winter while in Buffalo they wear parkas!
Oh def I think comtois is a very likable player stylistically…. He’s rough enough for old school fans, but skilled enough to fit in today’s game top 6. I do wish he had a little more edginess to his game like a Marchand/perry

As someone originally from east coast I prefer the traditional female winter look, not the California summer is all year one

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Oh def I think comtois is a very likable player stylistically…. He’s rough enough for old school fans, but skilled enough to fit in today’s game top 6. I do wish he had a little more edginess to his game like a Marchand/perry

As someone originally from east coast I prefer the traditional female winter look, not the California summer is all year one

That play this year against Anaheim where he stood over OEL after getting beaten like a rented mule shows he can be nastier.

At the WJC, that was a worry. That he’d keep his nastiness from going over the edge and costing the team and himself.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Blackhawks enter Jack Eichel, Sabres trade sweepstakes

Yes Please! A Dach-Cozens line would be money. They had great chemistry at the WJCs prelims before Dach’s injury. (They could also work on coming to practice on time.:D)

They have Dach, 11th OA, dman Adam Boqvist and Reichel as pieces they could offer in a package. They want a dman too, heeeerrrrreeesss Risto.:naughty:

If they have multiple teams in the mix, each with high end young talent to offer it just drives everything up.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
That play this year against Anaheim where he stood over OEL after getting beaten like a rented mule shows he can be nastier.

At the WJC, that was a worry. That he’d keep his nastiness from going over the edge and costing the team and himself.
I think that was max Jones, he has the edginess but less offensive ability

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Blackhawks enter Jack Eichel, Sabres trade sweepstakes

Yes Please! A Dach-Cozens line would be money. They had great chemistry at the WJCs prelims before Dach’s injury. (They could also work on coming to practice on time.:D)

They have Dach, 11th OA, dman Adam Boqvist and Reichel as pieces they could offer in a package. They want a dman too, heeeerrrrreeesss Risto.:naughty:

If they have multiple teams in the mix, each with high end young talent to offer it just drives everything up.
Dach
Reichel/Boqvist
cap dump

Let's go

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
If we ended up with 11 I wonder if sam could end up in Seattle with #11 for #3 and expansion/entry draft picks. They might not have enough to balance that though

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
I think the Sabres would benefit most from trading just Reinhart and Ristolainen. I cant stomach an Eichel trade right now.
Reinhart can return a 8-12 Overall pick and a young middle 6 forward. Ristolainen I would move for a 1st and an expiring cap dump even willing to retain some salary. A 2nd and a roster player with no dump/retention.

Sabres could then Draft Power and Wallstedt or Power and whichever forward slides a little. Solves our goaltending issues or adds a skilled winger down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad