2021 Offseason | Around the League (All non-Stars NHL Talk here)

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Seattle could always take Bishop and flip him so some other team can take a chance on him.

The more I think about it, the more I feel that Mascherin probably shouldn't be their pick. Very low chance he cracks that roster imo and he's already 23 years old

My gauge is that Bishop has negative or no value. A team like Seattle who can afford to mess around with their cap a little is best case scenario for taking on his contract, but it has more than one year left, and the guy has a very consistent history of being injured. Is he a very talented goalie? Absolutely, but he'll never be reliable for a full season, and as we know, he isn't around when you really need him in a lot of cases. If we strike that horrific outing he had playing against the Avs in the playoffs, Bishop hasn't successfully played an NHL game since March 10, 2020. That is a serious, serious, cause for concern. He's a total limbo player, he hasn't fully signaled that he won't ever play again, so you don't even know if you're getting an active player, or an LTIR contract. I doubt Seattle is going to be a cap team, so I don't think they need him for that reason. Arguably the most talented goalie available, but if I'm Seattle I'd rather plunk my risky dollars on Tarasenko.

Edit: I'd actually consider it a plus if Seattle took Sekera, I think Hanley is just as good, if not better (and half the price!).

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I still think Seattle could've had Gourde + someone cheap and maybe other assets. Tampa needs to get rid of some cap. If Kraken took someone cheap like Joseph the Lightning still would have to move Gourde somewhere and pay for it which would still be Seattle

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
We actually don’t know if there are any other side deals with Tampa, I believe we have to wait until they announce everything to know for sure.

Also, gourde has value, I don’t think he would be hard to move. Johnson is the one Tampa will have to give assets to get rid of.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Aparently Seattle will select former Stars legend Gavin Bayreuther from Columbus for some reason.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Im liking what Seattle has done so far, they just need some help up front.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
If they're signing Oleksiak and Larsson they're 100% flipping some of their defenseman . Maybe we find a replacement for him on that pile ?

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
If they're signing Oleksiak and Larsson they're 100% flipping some of their defenseman . Maybe we find a replacement for him on that pile ?
They definitely will be flipping someone, I'd take Larsson.

Lindell-Klingberg
Heiskanen-Larsson
Harley-Sekera
Hanley

Reactions: starsfan86

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Why? Not everyone is interested in adding Trumpet cancer to their locker room.

Sorry, what’s Trump have to with taking guys like Kurtis MacDermid? That feels reactionary. I’m saying if they’re taking guys that’ll clearly help the team less, you have to think picks were involved to protect extra players. Like what Vegas did.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
lots of picks they seem to go budget so not to help the other teams cap problems

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Sorry, what’s Trump have to with taking guys like Kurtis MacDermid? That feels reactionary. I’m saying if they’re taking guys that’ll clearly help the team less, you have to think picks were involved to protect extra players. Like what Vegas did.

O I thought we were talking about Domi

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I'd still rather have Kukan than Bayreuther , maybe Stenlund. Bayreuther is just a wierd choice even if you don't want Domi

30 picks, 23 roster spots, you need a few guys that will make it past waiver wire.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
I'm surprised to see the Kraken took Donskoi. He's not a bad player, but he's overpaid for what he is. That's exactly the type of guy I'd stay away from. Maybe there's a trade deal attached to that one to clarify the situation, but I think it's one of their worst picks.

Also surprised to see Tarasenko not taken. Maybe I'm a sucker, but if I'm Seattle I would take that bet. $7.5M for 2 years seems worth the risk to get one high end forward.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Lmao all the reporters have already spoiled the entire event tonight :laugh:gotta love it

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
I'm surprised to see the Kraken took Donskoi. He's not a bad player, but he's overpaid for what he is. That's exactly the type of guy I'd stay away from. Maybe there's a trade deal attached to that one to clarify the situation, but I think it's one of their worst picks.

Also surprised to see Tarasenko not taken. Maybe I'm a sucker, but if I'm Seattle I would take that bet. $7.5M for 2 years seems worth the risk to get one high end forward.
a fair number of folks here wanted donskoi not long ago.

RefalancheStillLose

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Lmao all the reporters have already spoiled the entire event tonight :laugh:gotta love it
I mean this anyways happens, nothing is able to be kept secret in this age.
I remember all the build up for season 8 of GOT, and the ending was spoiled before the first episode was on air.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad