2021 Offseason | Around the League (All non-Stars NHL Talk here)

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Nashville made it well, best part is the highway robbery of Vegas

Why in the hell would they trade Cody Glass for Nolan Patrick lmfao. Also why are the Flyers not making that deal in the first place and cutting Nashville out of it

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Wow crazy Landeskog left unprotected. Even though he’s a UFA I still figured they’d protect him

I guess he can just say no to any deal Seattle offers

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I don't care who it is i wouldn't protect UFA's . If i'm the Caps no point protecting Ovie before re-signing him.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I don't get that. Why the hell does Minnesota protect Talbot ?

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
I don't get that. Why the hell does Minnesota protect Talbot ?

Maybe they are hoping he gets picked over Soucy?

I get the impression that Minnesota are high on him. 6'5" rock solid defenders who have good offensive production don't grow on trees. He's riding the mother of all statistical benders however, so he's probably not as good as some may think.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
So how do we move from this 3 goalie jam? Bishop won't be LTIR for the next two seasons I doubt.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Seattle might pick Oleksiak to flip his rights somewhere for a lower round pick ? Dunno. Stars really are not offering anything of value unless you want a $5 million goalie who hasn't been healthy since 1.5 year.

Kraken can't keep everybody they pick anyway so the might just pick a couple of UFA's and if they don't want to sign try to get something for negotiating rights.

Last edited:

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
After seeing the D available, I don't think Oleksiaks going to Seattle

I still think he’s BPA from us. Bishop has too many injury issues, Mascherin hasn’t played with the big club. Oleksiak is a proven commodity and has won a cup

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
I still think he’s BPA from us. Bishop has too many injury issues, Mascherin hasn’t played with the big club. Oleksiak is a proven commodity and has won a cup
Just up to Oleksiak if he really wants to go to Seattle

serp

Jan 17, 2016

No . He wasn't on a Pens Cup winner and i'm fairly certain i didn't miss a Stars Cup win somehwere.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Just up to Oleksiak if he really wants to go to Seattle

Not neccessarily. Kraken can still try to flip his rights before free agency starts to get something before he walks. Even if Kraken get nothing from the Stars it wouldn't be the end of the world. Can't keep everybody they chose anyway.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Not neccessarily. Kraken can still try to flip his rights before free agency starts to get something before he walks. Even if Kraken get nothing from the Stars it wouldn't be the end of the world. Can't keep everybody they chose anyway.
If they are taking a player just to flip their UFA rights for like a 6th round pick good for them I guess, but I'd rather take a shot on someone like Mascherin

serp

Jan 17, 2016
If they are taking a player just to flip their UFA rights for like a 6th round pick good for them I guess, but I'd rather take a shot on someone like Mascherin

Depends on what the Seattle scouts think of Mascherin. They might not think he has NHL potential and would rather get a lotto ticket to pick someone they scouted and liked in a different draft.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Seattle could always take Bishop and flip him so some other team can take a chance on him.

The more I think about it, the more I feel that Mascherin probably shouldn't be their pick. Very low chance he cracks that roster imo and he's already 23 years old

serp

Jan 17, 2016
There's also some minor guys like Kero , Hanley ( although he's just had a major surgery so maybe not him ) , Sekera , Comeau , Caamano or L'Esperance Seattle who are cheap and have NHL experience as depth guys they can scratch if need be or send to the AHL. Vegas also took some minor league players and players who never played for them and not all of them part of expansion draft deal.

Salary Cap also has to fit and Seattle obviously can't just go BPA from every team because that would not fit in the salary cap.

Last edited:

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
I wouldn’t be totally surprised if they took sekera . That’s a no lose situation for them .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad