GDT: 2021 NHL Free Agency July 28 12pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
So Stan the man couldn’t move Dehaan no surprise there he’s a horrendous GM, can pick up garbage from other teams but can’t get rid of his. Kept Strome instead of Suter which is mindblowingly stupid. Excellent work.

Reactions: BobbyJet

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
When the playoffs begin, Saad is generally front and center. Who needs a player like that? (Certainly not a team who doesn't make the playoffs :sarcasm:)

Dont worry as soon as Stan gets him back you know he’s gonna love Saad all the sudden and he’s gonna tell us how a great pick up it is. Funny how Stan has to lose Saad AND a retain to get Zodorov but he gets snatched out of his hands for a measly 3rd lol

Just realized Blues got him for 4.5 unfortunately.

Last edited:

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

Damnit, at that price Hawks should been al over him. Better than most of the players in our current bottom 6.

Between Kampf and Kase, TOR has been very good with low price strong impact bottom 6 players. Big shift from last year where they were like ‘give us all the old guys!’

Reactions: ClydeLee

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Not gonna lie, really hoping to see us go after Palmieri at this point. Bringing him on would give us potentially the best top 9 in the Central..or at least right there with Colorado, depending if Toews is back for sure. Nothing else there defense wise I would want to bring in right now, and moving out Strome would make that room we need.

Saad is 2 years younger, but a 4x$4.5 could land Palmieri and he would be worth it. Consistent dude, not needed to be a top line producer and could really work well with Dach. Need to make an adjustment here or there as well cap wise depending on MAF, but it could fit...and dayum....looks good.

Kubalik - Toews - Johnson
DeBrincat - Borgstrom - Kane
Kurashev - Dach - Palmieri
Hagel - Carpenter - Gaudette/Hardman

Nylander

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

Damnit, at that price Hawks should been al over him. Better than most of the players in our current bottom 6.

Between Kampf and Kase, TOR has been very good with low price strong impact bottom 6 players. Big shift from last year where they were like ‘give us all the old guys!’

He's played nine games in the last two seasons....

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
He played 55 games in in 2019-2020, just for two different teams, so it’s easy to mistake when checking DB.

But yeah, his brain is basically mush at this point. Next concussion he likely retires.

But Jaeger probably checked the WAR chart and creamed himself.

Ah. Gotcha. All I remember is he came back from a concussion, and was immediately out again... Took a quick glance at his stats to confirm, and missed two different teams. I blame the beer.

Reactions: Hattrick Kane

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
He played 55 games in in 2019-2020, just for two different teams, so it’s easy to mistake when checking DB.

But yeah, his brain is basically mush at this point. Next concussion he likely retires.

But Jaeger probably checked the WAR chart and creamed himself.

Gotta double, triple, and quadruple down on WAR charts when you don’t actually watch the players. It’s a useful tool but not if you base your entire philosophy on it. It’s lazy. That goes for everyone though because they pop up on every trade or signing now.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Gotta double, triple, and quadruple down on WAR charts when you don’t actually watch the players. It’s a useful tool but not if you base your entire philosophy on it. It’s lazy. That goes for everyone though because they pop up on every trade or signing now.

How am I the one being accused of not watching him when Im not even the guy that misread how many games he played off a chart (technically a table, but f*** it, everybody confuses the two around here) ?

Dudes a good player. Sorry for wanting more of those, lol

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
How am I the one being accused of not watching him when Im not even the guy that misread how many games he played off a chart?

My point was obviously that he can't stay healthy. He's had a lot of concussions. The fact that I glanced at his statline briefly and was wrong about the games played doesn't change that.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
My point was obviously that he can't stay healthy. He's had a lot of concussions.

He’s making 1.5, its not a particularly huge investment. At that price nobody should cripple the team if they have to get buried or put on LTIR.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
He’s making 1.5, its not a particularly huge investment. At that price nobody should cripple the team if they have to get buried or put on LTIR.

It's not a big deal. You're acting like this is some amazing signing. It's a cheap one year deal precisely because he can't stay on the ice.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
How am I the one being accused of not watching him when Im not even the guy that misread how many games he played off a chart (technically a table, but f*** it, everybody confuses the two around here) ?

Because he’s not a good player? Lots of hopes and dreams with the Ducks then couldn’t do shit on the Bruins and here we are. He’s a very very replacement level player. Nothing to fret about not signing him because he doesn’t do anything particular well and there are plenty of players in the Hawks system that could outplay him.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
It's not a big deal. You're acting like this is some amazing signing. It's a cheap one year deal precisely because he can't stay on the ice.

I think he’s great value for 1.5mil.

All I said is I think the Blackhawks should have signed him and that between him and Kampf, Toronto has been very smart about their cheap bottom 6 signings.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Because he’s not a good player? Lots of hopes and dreams with the Ducks then couldn’t do shit on the Bruins and here we are. He’s a very very replacement level player. Nothing to fret about not signing him because he doesn’t do anything particular well and there are plenty of players in the Hawks system that could outplay him.

I think he is a good player for that money. Id take the risk on him over Khaira and Gaudette, certainly, who offer pretty much nothing and have never been projected to offer anything.

Last edited:

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
I think he is a good player for that money. Id take the risk on him over Khaira and Gaudette, certainly, who offer pretty much nothing and have never been projected to offer anything.

That’s fair but I just don’t see the point. Time will tell. I wouldn’t be surprised if Kase bounced between 1 or 2 more teams and was out of the league. He was pretty invisible on the Bruins. He doesn’t have any skills that make him stick out that teams will covet him. Not a top 6 talent. Doesn’t PK. Doesn’t do the right things to play in the bottom 6.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I'd rather try my luck on Gaudette.

Hawks have too many forwards already. Before thinking of adding more, Bowman will have the make room for those currently on the roster.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Kase signed for 1.25. It's a great risk to take. If he's toast he's toast. If he gets back to anything resembling his old self hes a borderline first line talent making nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad