GDT: 2021 NHL Free Agency July 28 12pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
Dropping the Seabrook contract is a good move but maybe not if it comes at the cost of downgrading your actual playing roster when you're supposedly going for it one more time.
Again, I hope Johnson proves me wrong.
Based on his last 3-4 years he projects to be a 30-35pt forward at $5M
Suter should be good for 40+ at $3.25M

:dunno:
Is Suter that much better than Kurashev, Hagel, Reichel, and the rest of the middle six forwards? I liked watching him play last year--probably my favorite of the rookie class, but he's gotta go somewhere else at that number.

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
Dropping the Seabrook contract is a good move but maybe not if it comes at the cost of downgrading your actual playing roster when you're supposedly going for it one more time.
Again, I hope Johnson proves me wrong.
Based on his last 3-4 years he projects to be a 30-35pt forward at $5M
Suter should be good for 40+ at $3.25M

:dunno:

Johnson went 45, 50, 47, and 39 point pace the prior 4 seasons before last. Last year he had a 33 point while being the 10th minutes per game forward on Tampa (in other words....4th line minutes). Suter was 5th of Hawk forwards of minutes per game at almost 3 minutes of icetime more per game then Johnson.

Reactions: clydesdale line

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

So Vegas passes on Dillon who then gets traded by Caps for two 2nd rounders only for Seattle to flip their selection back to Caps for one 2nd rounder

And seeing Z get a 3rd who was passed up in favor of that Q pick along with other moves happening show just how piss poor Francis handled expansion draft

Seattle missed out on netting picks with some of the stupid selections they made

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

So Vegas passes on Dillon who then gets traded by Caps for two 2nd rounders only for Seattle to flip their selection back to Caps for one 2nd rounder

And seeing Z get a 3rd who was passed up in favor of that Q pick along with other moves happening show just how piss poor Francis handled expansion draft

Seattle missed out on netting picks with some of the stupid selections they made

It's safe to say Seattle isn't managed as well as Vegas... lol

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
He was a product of Kane in your opinion obviously? You Blackhawk fans would know more than me, and Kane is an amazing talent that makes everyone around him better.
He’s a fine player. I don’t think he will do much more than he did this year or have just as good of line mates in the future

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
He couldn't hit 30 playing with Kane for God's sake
Suter was on pace for 40 points as a rookie in the NHL coming from Sweden. Of the 900 minutes Suter played only close to a third we’re with Kane (~340 minutes)

You’re making some bold claims friend

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018

Some podcast somewhere. Eddie O's brother works for the Kraken. The Kraken literally do the Hawks a favor not just with respect to Z, but their expansion picks in the Hawks division. Is it a coincidence?

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
Johnson went 45, 50, 47, and 39 point pace the prior 4 seasons before last. Last year he had a 33 point while being the 10th minutes per game forward on Tampa (in other words....4th line minutes). Suter was 5th of Hawk forwards of minutes per game at almost 3 minutes of icetime more per game then Johnson.
The problem with that reasoning is that Kane and Cat couldn't find Suter a lotta of the time when they forgot he was on their line and has a good set of mitts. They like to shoot.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Is it just me or is today’s hockey fan incredibly ageist and blind to the benefits of meaningful NHL experience?

If you want to win games next season, especially in the playoffs, Tyler Johnson is a better play to have on your roster than Pius Suter.

Chicago is in more of a win-now mode. So it makes far more sense to have Johnson as opposed to Suter. Which is why I was never in favor of Detroit acquiring Johnson for over the 18 months. Only to eventually ship him off for a prospect and/or lottery ticket. It's possible that Suter is indeed better than Johnson at this point. But most teams and fans are going to take the proven product.

Suter make more sense for Detroit due to his age and potential. His contract is not an issue either as Detroit is still rebuilding, has cap space to burn and the deal is only for 2 years.

If Suter flops, so what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad