2021 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Agreed with Eklund at #1... I think this kid is going to be the best player from this draft.

Sillinger at 6 is bold... why do you have him ahead of Guenther?

I think people are sleeping on him...if he played at the U18 I think he gets more love. I see a guy who gets criticized for poor skating but I'm not really seeing anything really bad that can't be corrected or improved upon. He's got a fantastic shot, he's got good size and is strong (apparently he's a gym rat), a natural center who can play the wing, good puck handler and plays a gritty physical game. He's been described as a Mark Scheifle/Jamie Benn type player, and I can see where those comparisons make sense when I watch him...I'm just not seeing his skating being as big an impediment to his game as others seem to be.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
If Eklund is available at 9… wow

So Cam Robinson also says he believes LA will take Clarke. Interesting. Detroit fans seem to think it's Edvinsson or Wallstedt for them. If that actually is the case, then it comes down to whether SJ takes Eklund or not, which I cant understand why they wouldnt unless they love Johnson.

Either way I still dont see us getting Eklund.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009
I could see Eklund falling to us. He's a 5'10" Swedish winger. The picks are being made by Nhl gm's. The other players available are good prospects (and not 5'10 swedish wingers).

CanuckleBerry

Benning Survivor
Sep 27, 2017
New Westminster
I could see Eklund falling to us. He's a 5'10" Swedish winger. The picks are being made by Nhl gm's. The other players available are good prospects (and not 5'10 swedish wingers).

I think the overall perception of undersized players has changed enough that Eklund won't fall much if at all. His skill is undeniable and he's putting up numbers against men. He's going to be a good NHLer. If by some miracle he drops to #9, Benning should be vaulting over digital desks to get to that digital podium.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Brandt Clarke goes in that top 5 imo...a RHD carries too much currency...I also dont see McTavish leaping from the early teens in the consolidated rankings into the top 5.
Agreed. Clarke is picked before Geunther, and for sure top five. Eklund will go higher than Geunther too. Geunther will be one of the guys we are choosing from.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Agreed. Clarke is picked before Geunther, and for sure top five. Eklund will go higher than Geunther too. Geunther will be one of the guys we are choosing from.
Not going to happen.
Should be a "faller", won't be Guenther.

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009
I think the overall perception of undersized players has changed enough that Eklund won't fall much if at all. His skill is undeniable and he's putting up numbers against men. He's going to be a good NHLer. If by some miracle he drops to #9, Benning should be vaulting over digital desks to get to that digital podium.
Maybe, in the case of Eklund you'll probably end up being right. His play in one of the best men's leagues in the world will probably be enough to keep him from falling to us.
That said, Stankoven sure as hell isn't 44th on Mckenzie's mid season list for any reason other than his height. On talent alone he's probably top 10 or at very least top 20 in this draft.

Reactions: NomadicCanadian

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009
double post
Also: The vision of Jim vaulting a digital desk, can't compare with the vision of him sprinting to an actual podium :D I'd pay cash money to see that

Last edited:

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Theres a very good chance someone does. I can see Seattle (probably a trade down), Detriot and San Joses taking him
Would be very surprised if Seattle took Wallstadt. Think they take Beniers or Hughes

Feb 19, 2018
Hope Wallstadt and McTavish get picked before 9 after doing some more research. Would love to have the option between a couple higher end talent guys at 9. The pick would also hold more value in a trade depending on who is there.

Hurry up draft.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I mean Zegras would have be great but we need Podz typer player more then we need a Zegras type player. Its interesting that a lot of scouts are not big on Clarke skating ability, this seems like a red flag to me.

I know people dont like Evidsson for various reasons but we need him more then a Johnson type player. If all things were equal I would trade down into the high teens and try and get a couple more picks.
So if the Ducks offered you Zegras straight up for Pod right now, you say no?

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Lol what? How does that blueball us?
We're 9th... if those top 5 go and Kings take Clarke that leaves one of three good players available to Van (2 if someone takes the Goalie)
It's a definite blueball'ing if Clarke falls to 8 right before us(assuming you're high on Clarke).

To me Clarke is neck and neck with Power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad