2021 NHL Entry Draft Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Ryan Kesler / Dylan Larkin / Nazem Kadri type. A perfect #2 really. Could see New Jersey going for that behind someone like Hughes. Or, Buffalo behind Eichel. He'll get picked top 5.

But, yeah, not exactly exciting.

I know it’s easy to forget because he’s hurt, but NJ have Nico Hischier to be #2. Great option for the Sabres though.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I know it’s easy to forget because he’s hurt, but NJ have Nico Hischier to be #2. Great option for the Sabres though.

Yeah, I can see the Sabres taking him. His compete level is something that organization sorely needs. Not sure if Cozens is a center or wing, but you need to build down the middle and I think Eichel / Beniers is a great foundation.

And, yeah, I forgot about Hischier. Ooops.

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
Not sure if it's come up already, but USNTDP winger Andre Gasseau looks like a prospect of interest for the Habs. Looks a lot like Luke Tuch, but the size of Alex Tuch. Grew up in LA, but his father is from Quebec and played in the QMJHL in his youth. Recruited by Boston College. Seems to hit a lot of markers for the GM. Size, physicality, smarts, and local connections with a local name.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Not sure if it's come up already, but USNTDP winger Andre Gasseau looks like a prospect of interest for the Habs. Looks a lot like Luke Tuch, but the size of Alex Tuch. Grew up in LA, but his father is from Quebec and played in the QMJHL in his youth. Recruited by Boston College. Seems to hit a lot of markers for the GM. Size, physicality, smarts, and local connections with a local name.

What is his ranking?

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
My personal favorites (20-32 range): Oskar Olausson, Corson Ceulemans, Scott Morrow, Zachary L'Heureux, Nikita Chibrikov, Simon Robertsson and Samu Tuomaala.

Dynamic and skilled wingers: Olausson (LW), Chibrikov (RW) and Tuomaala (RW).
Powerforwards: Robertsson (RW) and L'Heureux (Center, but I see more a LW than a center)
Two-way defenseman: Ceulemans (RHD)
Offensive defenseman: Morrow (RHD)

What would be our biggest need?

IMO, probably an offensive defenseman.

BTW, there will not be huge difference between the quality of the prospects we could grab in that range vs the 1-20 range.

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
My personal favorites (20-32 range): Oskar Olausson, Corson Ceulemans, Scott Morrow, Zachary L'Heureux, Nikita Chibrikov, Simon Robertsson and Samu Tuomaala.

Powerforwards: Robertsson (RW) and L'Heureux (Center, but I see more a LW than a center)

BTW, there will not be huge difference between the quality of the prospect we can grab in that range vs the 1-20 range.

Dynamic and skilled wingers.. Olausson or Chibrikov would be awesome.,

Reactions: 1000eeer

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
Tyler Boucher with the USNTDP looks to be a very interesting project. Son of former NHL goal tender Brian. Another solidly built winger (6-1, 205) who plays with an edge, similar to teammate Gasseau, or the Tuch and Tkachuk brothers. Comes via Avon Old Farms which produced Chris Higgins back in the day. Second round rated, but he's missed a lot of games this season which could drop his stock. Has the earmarks of a third round steal. I think a handful of the U18 kids are better prospects than the players from the QMJHL being mentioned in the first round.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB

BTW, there will not be huge difference between the quality of the prospects we could grab in that range vs the 1-20 range.
I haven't been watching a ton, but among the guys I've seen L'Heureux and Olausson are also among my favourites.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
If we pick in the '20's, I still like either Matt Coronato or Samoskevich.

I'd use one of our late round picks on Caufield's teammate Anthony Kehrer. He's a RD that was passed over last year, he didn't do shit in the USHL but i like what i've seen from him this year. I'd consider their other teammate Cameron Rowe as I believe he's still eligible. With Dobes we don't really need him but if we have a ton of picks it might not be a bad idea.

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
Chaz Lucius came back yesterday, popped a pair vs. Chicago Steel, after missing the first 30 odd games of the season with injury. The lost time may drop him into draft range for the Habs. He's a taller Cole Caufield who plays centre. Joe Sakic type of upside.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Chaz Lucius came back yesterday, popped a pair vs. Chicago Steel, after missing the first 30 odd games of the season with injury. The lost time may drop him into draft range for the Habs. He's a taller Cole Caufield who plays centre. Joe Sakic type of upside.
A strong candidate for '' best name in draft'' , if nothing else !

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
I like Chaz Lucius or Cole Sillinger for the Habs in R1. Goal scoring centres are hard to find.
With so many picks in the mid rounds they should grab as many of the U18 as they can, and let them sort themselves out in college. Roman Schmidt and Ty Gallagher are a couple of intriguing RH defence on that team.

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
Corson Ceulemans looks an awful lot like a bigger, more physical version of Cale Makar coming out of the AJHL Supposedly he was better coming out of AMML at the same age. I think if he'd been able to play a full season with Brooks he would have been drafted in the same range as Makar. He still may be. Makar was 5-11, 180, entering the draft, Ceulemans is 6-2, 195, and he will be half a year younger at the draft. Certainly a prospect of great interest to the Habs, since he's off to Wisconsin next year, but they would have to have a terrible season to have a shot at him, I think

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
Couple of big forwards in the Q seem to be flying under the radar even though they are top scoring 17 year olds in the league. Olivier Nadeau, listed at 6-2, 205, and Cole Huckins, 6-3, 200. Haven't seen their names on first round mocks, but they're outscoring the high profile Q prospects this year.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Damn, can’t wait to see a defence led by Owen Power with Romanov and Guhle :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad