2021 NHL Entry Draft Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Damn, can’t wait to see a defence led by Owen Power with Romanov and Guhle :laugh:

Believe it or not, we're still 10th overall in the NHL. We're tied with Washington and St. Louis. Pick is still #22.

I'm actually more interested in some of the players mid-round now. There's some skill there.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Believe it or not, we're still 10th overall in the NHL. We're tied with Washington and St. Louis. Pick is still #22.

I'm actually more interested in some of the players mid-round now. There's some skill there.
Honestly , it's the perfect year to be picking out of the top ten. I won't be any more objectively excited picking #12 than I would be #28. It's one of those crops.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Honestly , it's the perfect year to be picking out of the top ten. I won't be any more objectively excited picking #12 than I would be #28. It's one of those crops.

Yup. There will be top 6 forwards available. Just not elite. Yamamoto, Dadonov, Debrusk types. Good depth offensive types that'll need time to develop. Maybe you strike it rich on one of them like Pastrnak, but it's doubtful.

It's really not a draft where I feel we must get into top 10.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yup. There will be top 6 forwards available. Just not elite. Yamamoto, Dadonov, Debrusk types. Good depth offensive types that'll need time to develop. Maybe you strike it rich on one of them like Pastrnak, but it's doubtful.

Not unless we can get Johnson or Eklund.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
With Julien anything is possible

What about with Ducharme?

Not unless we can get Johnson or Eklund.

We do this every year WTK. What if we get (insert high value prospect name)? And, it never happens. Only one is maybe Caufield.

Both are probably going top 5. We probably go D in top 10, if we get to that.

I like to keep my optimism limited on these things.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021

It's a good year to have a bunch of mid round picks (if they conduct the draft as scheduled), since the scouting is a lot less thorough than normal. Better chance to hit a home run outside the top of the first round. If I was management I'd use the picks they have for that reason.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I seem to recall hearing that this is expected to be a decent year for the WHL group as I might get WHL.tv this year, it's 60 bucks for every WHL game.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
What about with Ducharme?

We do this every year WTK. What if we get (insert high value prospect name)? And, it never happens. Only one is maybe Caufield.

Both are probably going top 5. We probably go D in top 10, if we get to that.

I like to keep my optimism limited on these things.

All I was saying is that the top 10 sucks and its only worth it to be that bad if we get those two guys and that's unlikely ⁰

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
I seem to recall hearing that this is expected to be a decent year for the WHL group as I might get WHL.tv this year, it's 60 bucks for every WHL game.

Sry.. misread post. Thought they were asking $60 PER game, which would be nuts.

Last edited:

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
Habs edging towards the middle of the pack on the upcoming draft board. Where they have picked the past couple years. A couple interesting centre/wingers projected in that range in Cole Sillinger and Chaz Lucius. Both playing USHL atm, Sillinger has 12 goals in 14 games since coming south from the WHL on loan, Lucius 3 goals in 2 games since returning from a long injury absence. Both have good size and are deadly finishers. A third option would be rangy RH defenseman Corson Ceulemans, following in Cale Makar's footsteps from the Brooks Bandits of the AJHL to NCAA, although Ceulemans will play for U Wisconsin in 21-22.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
If Wallstedt is there, we should take him. Think he'll be a much better goalie than Primeau. Legitimate #1G prospect.

Like him way better than the goalies taken in the top 15 last few years (Askarov, etc.)

Has Vasilevsky type potential.

BPA.

Reactions: Acadien86

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Dylan Guenther is off to a hot start in the WHL with 7 points in his first two games. RNH style C.

Cole Sillinger moved down to the USHL and has completely embarrassed the opposition with 14 goals and 24 points in 15 games. Puts a bit of a dent in the old USHL > CHL argument but that’s not particularly surprising.

Also, where the f is @NotProkofievian? Miss those insights.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Dylan Guenther is off to a hot start in the WHL with 7 points in his first two games. RNH style C.

Cole Sillinger moved down to the USHL and has completely embarrassed the opposition with 14 goals and 24 points in 15 games. Puts a bit of a dent in the old USHL > CHL argument but that’s not particularly surprising.

Also, where the f is @NotProkofievian? Miss those insights.
Are we acting like Sillinger doesn't probably do the exact same thing in the WHL?

Reactions: Addik04

Jesker

May 8, 2010
Montreal
We are looking at middle of the pack again this year... 15 Caufield 16 Guhle and...?

I'd probably look a lot at l'Heureux, McTavish, Bourgault, Sillinger.

I like a lot Dylan Duke from the USNTDP U18 but he is a small center, not sure Habs want to make that pick.

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
We are looking at middle of the pack again this year... 15 Caufield 16 Guhle and...?

I like a lot Dylan Duke from the USNTDP U18 but he is a small center, not sure Habs want to make that pick.
I don't think L'Hereault and Bourgeault go that high. End of R1 at best. Same with Duke.

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
The Chicago Steel is an outlier and all their point totals should be taken with a grain of salt.
Farrell has a lot to do with them being "outliers", however. Brendan Brisson had similar numbers to Farrell in Chi last season and he's around a PPG as a college freshman. Owen Power from that team putting up impressive numbers at Michigan as well.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Just a friendly reminder I had Jarvis, Lundell and Holloway (Mercer as well) with that second tier of forwards last year.

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city

Scott Morrow (RH puck moving defenseman), Corson Ceulemans (RH puck moving defenseman) or Simon Robertsson (LW powerforward) for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->