GDT: 2021 NHL Entry Draft July 23rd 630PM MST- Oil hold pick #19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
OK, everyone take a break from hockey now and watch the Olympics. Canada is winning in beach volleyball and Leylah is tied in her first round tennis match.

Reactions: oilers'72 and nabob

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Weird, can't speculate a guy who was with the blackhawks during that time didn't involve in it. And if he didn't, there's no way he wouldn't know what was going on and prevented it like you know, an actual good human being but focus more on hur durr work ethics.
So you don't know and you are accusing someone of playing a role in a situation they may not have. If your assumption is true, yes, Keith was a dick for not doing anything about it. But it's a pretty garbage take.

Reactions: nabob

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Out of the loop... Bergerin was in the Hawks organization at that time..?

Yes - per his Wikipedia:
After his retirement, Bergevin was named a professional scout with the Blackhawks' organization. In 2008, he served as an assistant coach for the Blackhawks after three seasons with their scouting staff. In July, 2009, he was appointed the team's director of player personnel.[3] While in this position, the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup in 2010.
On June 15, 2011, Bergevin was promoted to assistant general manager of the Chicago Blackhawks. He replaced Kevin Cheveldayoff, who had left the Blackhawks organization to accept the general manager position with the new Winnipeg Jets team.[4]
He released a statement about the incident a few weeks ago I believe.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Weird, can't speculate a guy who was with the blackhawks during that time didn't involve in it. And if he didn't, there's no way he wouldn't know what was going on and prevented it like you know, an actual good human being but focus more on hur durr work ethics.
You’re actually this upset about the Keith trade that you’d go out on this limb?? To claim Keith was involved in it??? Wow.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
So you don't know and you are accusing someone of playing a role in a situation they may not have. If your assumption is true, yes, Keith was a dick for not doing anything about it. But it's a pretty garbage take.

So that means the Oilers clearly value Keith being a potential dick within the blackhawks organization more than a kid who just has apparent work ethics issues, but I'm guessing that's more important than Keith's potential off ice issues. Bravo on missing the point!

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
I mean Sopel and the unnamed player said everyone knew about it, and considering that Keith was part of the leadership group and nothing came of it until 11 years later says to me that he was either afraid to come out with the info or he didn’t want to.

Reactions: McAsuno

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I mean Sopel and the unnamed player said everyone knew about it, and considering that Keith was sort of leadership group and nothing came of it until 11 years later says to me that he was either afraid to come out with the info or he didn’t want to.

Which means he's a piece of shit, but I guess that's okay with Holland but a kid with apparent work ethics who's bound to mature since he's only 18 is baddddd

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Yes - per his Wikipedia:
After his retirement, Bergevin was named a professional scout with the Blackhawks' organization. In 2008, he served as an assistant coach for the Blackhawks after three seasons with their scouting staff. In July, 2009, he was appointed the team's director of player personnel.[3] While in this position, the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup in 2010.
On June 15, 2011, Bergevin was promoted to assistant general manager of the Chicago Blackhawks. He replaced Kevin Cheveldayoff, who had left the Blackhawks organization to accept the general manager position with the new Winnipeg Jets team.[4]
He released a statement about the incident a few weeks ago I believe.
Thanks. I'll get caught up on that whole development before saying anything about him though.

Reactions: North Cole

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I just pray the Panthers paid a lot for him. I know we likely can't even afford another $6M+ forward going forward, but if the price is low enough you can figure it out and trade something later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad