GDT: 2021 NHL Entry Draft July 23rd 630PM MST- Oil hold pick #19

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Hey there's a draft today.

Who we picking or using the pick to trade for?

Cossa?
Trade for Parayko?
Use it to offload salary?

Thoughts?

2021 NHL DRAFT FIRST ROUND

1. Buffalo Sabres
2. Seattle Kraken
3. Anaheim Ducks
4. New Jersey Devils
5. Columbus Blue Jackets
6. Detroit Red Wings
7. San Jose Sharks
8. Los Angeles Kings
9. Arizona Coyotes (traded from VAN)
10. Ottawa Senators
11. Forfeited pick (AZ forfeited pick)
12. Columbus Blue Jackets (Traded from CHI)
13. Calgary Flames
14. Buffalo Sabres (Traded from PHI)
15. Dallas Stars
16. New York Rangers
17. St. Louis Blues
18. Winnipeg Jets
19. Nashville Predators
20. Edmonton Oilers
21. Boston Bruins
22. Minnesota Wild
23. Detroit Red Wings (from Washington Capitals)
24. Florida Panthers
25. Columbus Blue Jackets (from Toronto Maple Leafs)
26. Minnesota Wild (from Pittsburgh Penguins)
27. Carolina Hurricanes
28. Colorado Avalanche
29. New Jersey Devils (from New York Islanders)
30. Vegas Golden Knights
31. Montreal Canadiens
32. Chicago Blackhawks (from CBJ from Tampa Bay Lightning)

Last edited:
Reactions: YoSoGordo

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Not trading the pick would be a mistake. No excuses, find players with term that can improve our team. Any player drafted with the pick won't be ready for 3-5 years which is clearly outside the window that has been identified (McD contract expiry).

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
If they were going to trade the pick they needed to make it part of a bigger deal like the Nucks did.

We are not getting a good enough player to justify trading the pick 1 for 1 imo.

I would consider trading down if Cossa is gone though.

lopper

Oct 22, 2006
AB
I hope that our first round pick is involved in some sort of trade tonight, however Cossa would be a nice pick if he is still around.

Reactions: nabob and Markham30

Whyme

Nov 3, 2019
If Räty is available I think his upside is very exceptional for someone picked around 20. Until this season he was seen as a top pick (even the first Finn ever to be #1) and I know my FEL team handled him absolutely terribly at the start of the season. It was a strange season in many aspects, his earlier succesful FEL team was doing badly, there was all the covid things, he couldn't play in his natural role, didn't have good enough linemates and not much at all ice time especially at the start of the season...

Of course it's possible he won't ever become what he was projected to be, but even in the worst case scenario I find it quite hard to believe he won't be worth that draft position.

The two goalies seem interesting but as many others I don't think they'll be available for the Oilers.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
I have an inside source who works in the Oilers organization. Can't specify where exactly, but I trust this guy with my life (actually did one time, that's for another time :laugh:). Anywho, this guy rarely messages me, and when he does he is batting 100% for the info. He called the Manning trade, the Strome for Spooner trade, and the Kris Russell extension before any of the main stream guys had info out there.

For the sake of brevity, I digress. This source is telling me that Holland will be pretty active tonight. Apparently he plans to have the Bobby Nicks burger for dinner (flown in first class). His post dinner nap will start around 6 P.M. MST and likely he'll need to get up to pee at around 9:00 or so, then lights out for the night.

Just had to pass this on. Mods can PM me to confirm my source if needed. Thanks all.

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
I hate the idea of taking a goalie in the first round but Cossa's numbers are pretty good.

To me, a perfect day is we trade the 1st for 2 2nds and use of of them for an immediate upgrade tomorrow morning

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Really need to trade this pick, so we are probably going to use it on a project defenseman.
Holland has confirmed he wont be drafting a Dman.
Keeping the pick really would not be the end of the world. Selecting Holloway was a mistake too by this logic.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
vIf0lAD.gif

Reactions: NedPlimpton

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
I have an inside source who works in the Oilers organization. Can't specify where exactly, but I trust this guy with my life (actually did one time, that's for another time :laugh:). Anywho, this guy rarely messages me, and when he does he is batting 100% for the info. He called the Manning trade, the Strome for Spooner trade, and the Kris Russell extension before any of the main stream guys had info out there.

For the sake of brevity, I digress. This source is telling me that Holland will be pretty active tonight. Apparently he plans to have the Bobby Nicks burger for dinner (flown in first class). His post dinner nap will start around 6 P.M. MST and likely he'll need to get up to pee at around 9:00 or so, then lights out for the night.

Just had to pass this on. Mods can PM me to confirm my source if needed. Thanks all.

Reactions: Beerfish

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
CBJ and BUF are good picks to select a goalie. Looking at the draft board I'm wondering if it possible that Fabian Lysell falls to 19. That would be a game-changer.

Otherwise, I'm looking at moving back to the 20s and picking up a late 2nd/early 3rd. We need to add a couple more tickets.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Hey there's a draft today.

Who we picking or using the pick to trade for?

Cossa?
Trade for Parayko?
Use it to offload salary?

Thoughts?

2021 NHL DRAFT FIRST ROUND

1. Buffalo Sabres
2. Seattle Kraken
3. Anaheim Ducks
4. New Jersey Devils
5. Columbus Blue Jackets
6. Detroit Red Wings
7. San Jose Sharks
8. Los Angeles Kings
9. Arizona Coyotes (traded from VAN)
10. Ottawa Senators
11. Forfeited pick (AZ forfeited pick)
12. Chicago Blackhawks
13. Calgary Flames
14. Buffalo Sabres (Traded from PHI)
15. Dallas Stars
16. New York Rangers
17. St. Louis Blues
18. Winnipeg Jets
19. Nashville Predators
20. Edmonton Oilers
21. Boston Bruins
22. Minnesota Wild
23. Detroit Red Wings (from Washington Capitals)
24. Florida Panthers
25. Columbus Blue Jackets (from Toronto Maple Leafs)
26. Minnesota Wild (from Pittsburgh Penguins)
27. Carolina Hurricanes
28. Colorado Avalanche
29. New Jersey Devils (from New York Islanders)
30. Vegas Golden Knights
31. Montreal Canadiens
32. Columbus Blue Jackets (from Tampa Bay Lightning)
You may have to update this a few more times before the draft starts. :laugh:

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Easily the most wild draft day I can remember.

A summary of trades happened today:

Waiting on official details on Jones trade.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I don't think Cossa will be around come pick #20 but if he is then you take him and celebrate with Holland (but before 9 p.m.)

Reactions: oilers'72
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad