GDT: 2021 NHL Entry Draft July 23rd 630PM MST- Oil hold pick #19

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Which is supposed to make him smarter? It makes him 100 times dumber for saying that and following through with it.

Two years ago we badly needed forwards with skill, as in the prospect cupboard and team was bare. Some really good forwards fell to us in zegras and caufield. So instead he takes a LD which we are stocked in.

Holland is flat out terrible in every way.

There's really no excuse for Holland to pass on the highest ranked goalie in the draft who also happened to be the BPA at 20 when it's been their biggest organizational need for decades. I'm amazed that there are people defending this, and I err on the side of the apologists more times than not. Nothing against the kid they drafted but passing on Wallstedt is perplexing to say the least, even the panelists on ESPN were confused.

Brown Cat

Hates OP
Jan 7, 2021
kmmcakx.png

So if the habs are losing, they can just get this guy on the ice to sexually assault the other team until they forfeit.

Reactions: DarksideGhost

North

Jun 25, 2009
Just a little self-awareness from a group of posters who are usually wrong about this shit would be nice.

Some of ya'll were shitting up the Draisaitl draft thread too. I remember you.

I wasn’t. I liked the Drai pick. I thought he was the perfect pick since we were in the Western conference and he was a bigger body.

Reactions: oilers'72

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Jack Campbell was more highly regarded in his draft year than either of these two goaltenders and if he's turned out at all as a starter, it was this year. 11 years after his draft.

Goalies often pan out around the same age forwards leave their prime. If at all. Just because they did not want to take a goaltender, does not mean they shouldn't have liked a forward.

If the argument is that the forward is the better prospect, fine whatever. I don't know anything about any of these guys. But if the argument is to draft a guy because he's going to make the show sooner... I think that's a bad way of drafting.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
It doesn’t matter. Both goalies were out there when he said that. He didn’t know when they’d go and he still said he was taking a forward.

Yeah, I understand what your saying. Is it similar to Puljujarvi dropping from 3 to 4, and the plans was to pick Sergachev, but the better player projected player dropped and we Picked Puljujarvi.
You can say by not staying within their scouting parameters, we lost on the better player. Though Puljujarvi still has time to change that story.

This time the consenseus top 10 player dropped, but Holland stuck to his guns, and didn't bite and pick the player that they wanted. (This is debatable) Maybe they wanted Lysell, and they missed out on him too.

So far, the gut change to pick Puljujarvi has been an up and down result.

Guess it's only fair to give Holland the benefit of the doubt and see after some time if this pick turns out.

But this trade down is definitely one of the hardest to stomach.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
What role did Keith play in that situation? You must know about it than I do.

Weird, can't speculate a guy who was with the blackhawks during that time didn't involve in it. And if he didn't, there's no way he wouldn't know what was going on and prevented it like you know, an actual good human being but focus more on hur durr work ethics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad