Prospect Info: 2021 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Powers, Berniers or Kent Johnson please.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Fully believe that our roster, as currently constructed, will assuredly be picking in the Power, Clarke, Beniers, Johnson, Edvinsson, Hughes, Guenther, Lysell, Lambos, Lucius range

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
I say that the team should try and pick up as many picks as possible for this draft because scouting right now is near impossible so there are going to be tons of steals

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
We need an elite forward or we will end up like Nashville

elite defense mediocre offense no cup
It’s BPA for me no matter what, a forward would be ideal but it would be amazing for our rebuild to have a second potential 1D prospect in Power, Clarke, Edvinsson, Hughes, or Lambos

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
It’s BPA for me no matter what, a forward would be ideal but it would be amazing for our rebuild to have a second potential 1D prospect in Power, Clarke, Edvinsson, Hughes, or Lambos
If the Ducks end up with Powers or Clarke i hope they look to trade Fowler or if Lindholm is unable to sign an contract extension they may have to trade him instead.
Powers or Clarke/Drysdale
Lindholm/Manson
is a nice top 4 to look forward to. I don't see them getting the value they want in a Manson trade with how he's been bad for 2 years in a row.
Fowler had a pretty good season despite how bad the Ducks were.

Zegras
Johnson
Steel
Lundestrom
Down the middle looks great as well.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I don’t buy into the bpa conversation... like it’s one thing if it’s a significant better player on the board but I imagine you have groupings of players that you consider close enough that you go to a position of need m

jiggsawpuzzle35

May 7, 2007
The 949
I’d still prefer us to go after a defenseman in this draft. Too many great defenseman in the top 5/10 to pass up. If we need offense, this teams has enough money to go out next year and sign someone like Laine.

Reactions: duckpuck

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
BPA all the way.

Draft a Winger? Great, the Ducks need an elite winger.
Draft a center? Great, Zegras is more then capable of playing the wing and the Ducks need 2 top 6 centers for the future.
Draft a LHD? Great, Lindholm may be gone in 2 years. Even if he isnt, this gives flexibility for the Ducks to trade Fowler/Lindholm if everything works out perfectly.
Draft a RHD? Great, Drysdale is the only RHD prospect the Ducks have that has top pairing potential. Or even legit top 4 potential.
Draft a goalie? We riot.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I could see BM and the scouts salivating over Edvinsson should be available at our pick. He's been ranked as high as 2 by McKenzie last week and fits the mold of the Swedish defensemen we like to draft. Having a top pair of Edvinsson-Drysdale for a decade + would be outstanding.

GunnarStahl

Oct 13, 2020
I honestly hope we pick up another 1st rounder before the draft, this draft will have a lot of falling talent, if we got some one in the late first like (maybe) eklund or more likely someone like Olausson, to compliment and Lambos or Power that would be big, or maybe you flip that order and take a Beniers first and then take a Dman later, also why is Lambos 17th in Bob McKenzies Rankings?

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I honestly hope we pick up another 1st rounder before the draft, this draft will have a lot of falling talent, if we got some one in the late first like (maybe) eklund or more likely someone like Olausson, to compliment and Lambos or Power that would be big, or maybe you flip that order and take a Beniers first and then take a Dman later, also why is Lambos 17th in Bob McKenzies Rankings?

I hope the Ducks get more picks in general. This class will be really underscouted due to the current environment and there will be some STEALS.

Reactions: Swedenheim

Jeffrey Pedler

Mar 21, 2018
I don’t buy into the bpa conversation... like it’s one thing if it’s a significant better player on the board but I imagine you have groupings of players that you consider close enough that you go to a position of need m

I agree! In any sport it is hard to differentiate who is the better player, based on two positions with different skill sets.

GibsonIsGod666

Jul 15, 2020
Really hoping Beniers is available when the Ducks pick. Seems like the second best player on team USA this year.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Powers, johnson, beniers in that order please.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
I think Clarke looks interesting if we can get him with our pick. Great skills and good size. Im not sure what he's like defensively but if we are looking for elite talent in this draft hes right there at the top of the draft.

Beniers looks awesome too. I would love to snag him as well.

These 2 are my personal favorites right now. I just hope we continue to look for smart smooth skill and just help them round off their offensive skillsets like we're doing with Z right now. It will pay off eventually.

GunnarStahl

Oct 13, 2020
A lot of room for things to move around in the top 10, if we pick up a late first at the deadline or something Olausson seems interesting, or maybe if we’re lucky someone like Lucius, who is out all year due to injury drops

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I say we end up picking in the 4-8 range. No way we’re outtanking Detroit and Chicago (who is withOut Toews and Dach for a very long time). Kings roster is pretty awful too. And then you have teams like Buffalo, Arizona, New Jersey, and San Jose - teams that could be better or worse than us

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I say we end up picking in the 4-8 range. No way we’re outtanking Detroit and Chicago (who is withOut Toews and Dach for a very long time). Kings roster is pretty awful too. And then you have teams like Buffalo, Arizona, New Jersey, and San Jose - teams that could be better or worse than us
We lucked out that Kane is playing for SJ after all but the bad news is they barely beat Arizona in a shootout after choking away a lead in the 3rd period with 4 seconds left.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
We lucked out that Kane is playing for SJ after all but the bad news is they barely beat Arizona in a shootout after choking away a lead in the 3rd period with 4 seconds left.

Flip side of that is AZ picked up a point in the game. We want as many 3 point games as possible for those teams. I can't cheer for the Ducks to lose, but I can cheer for the other games to consistently go to OT.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Flip side of that is AZ picked up a point in the game. We want as many 3 point games as possible for those teams. I can't cheer for the Ducks to lose, but I can cheer for the other games to consistently go to OT.
Arizona's 2021 1st round pick is forfeited but if the Arizona Forfeited pick wins the lottery then that makes the 2nd overall picking team pick first, at least thats what Tankathon is showing but i'm not sure.
An interesting scenario is if the Ducks pick 4th but the forfeited Arizona pick wins the lottery then it means the 4th overall picks 3rd.

It would be a total Gary Bettman world where a forfeited pick wins the lottery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad