Prospect Info: 2021 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I foresee this being another (and possibly the last) monumental draft for our rebuild. I know BM has said it's time for the club to push for the playoffs or whatever the hell, but as currently constructed, I don't think this team stands a chance. More likely we have another year of 3 picks in the top 40. There are a couple of forward prospects I really like in Chaz Lucius and Kent Johnson, but the real prize here are still the defensemen to me, I have Owen Power and Brandt Clarke as my top 2 prospects in the draft, with Carson Lambos likely my third (tough choice for me between him and Johnson). While I'd love to have a top pair of Clarke-Drysdale for the next decade, I think it's more likely we again pick in the 6-10 range, and end up with someone like Chaz Lucius or Aatu Raty.

Reactions: Trojans86

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
A reminder that Seattle gets the third best odds in this draft and can only draft as low as 6th.
Yeah the same preferential treatment as Vegas. The NHL dug this grave 3 years ago and they can’t go back on it now. It’s unfortunate for us but just is what it is

darkwingduck

Nov 7, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
I'd say before the flat cap, Seattle would not be in as good a position as Vegas was. I believe most GMs learned their lesson (hopefully BM has), but the flat cap makes moving players harder, which should work to Seattle's benefit.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Without major improvements, this team is not making the playoffs in the upcoming season and we can start looking at top 10 picks in the upcoming draft. Some have called 2021 draft weak, but I think it's going to be fine, basically in the same level as 2020 draft. Thing is that if players don't get to play much before the draft, drafting could be a bigger lottery than it already is. Rankings are already all over the place and there are several interesting forwards and defencemen. Johnson is probably the most interesting one at this point.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I feel the same way as last year. The Ducks need help everywhere, just take the BPA (except goalie because f*** that).

If they get a LHD to pair with Drysdale for the next decade that would be amazing.
If they get another center to pair with Zegras up the middle that would be amazing.

From everything I have read this draft is an even better top 10 then 2020, just lacking the clear #1.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Without major improvements, this team is not making the playoffs in the upcoming season and we can start looking at top 10 picks in the upcoming draft. Some have called 2021 draft weak, but I think it's going to be fine, basically in the same level as 2020 draft. Thing is that if players don't get to play much before the draft, drafting could be a bigger lottery than it already is. Rankings are already all over the place and there are several interesting forwards and defencemen. Johnson is probably the most interesting one at this point.

There might be more of a preference for non-NA prospects because they're on a normal schedule and those prospects will have more time to develop compare to the NA prospects.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

jiggsawpuzzle35

May 7, 2007
The 949
2021 has some high end defensemen in the top 10. If we can draft Power, Clarke, Edvinsson, Hughes, or Lambos, that would be amazing. Would be like having Niedermayer and Pronger all over again. Some are comparing Power to a Hedman or Pronger.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
im just going to be cheering for a win every game and hoping for a lottery win at the end of the season. Power would be an amazing add for our core going forward. If we are picking a little later than that I also like Lambos

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
im just going to be cheering for a win every game and hoping for a lottery win at the end of the season. Power would be an amazing add for our core going forward. If we are picking a little later than that I also like Lambos
Wow he is 6'5" at 17.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
I’m interested in seeing how Power, Clarke, Edvinsson, Hughes, McTavish, and Johnson do this year as I could see them all being good fits for the Ducks

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Owen Power is 6'5 at 17, is he the real deal though ?
Giant Dmen drafted in the top 5:
#4th overall Gudbranson turned into a bottom 3 Dman, Griffin Reinhart #4 in 2012 completely busted and #1 Ekblad in 2014 would not be a top 4 pick in a redraft.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Owen Power is 6'5 at 17, is he the real deal though ?
Giant Dmen drafted in the top 5:
#4th overall Gudbranson turned into a bottom 3 Dman, Griffin Reinhart #4 in 2012 completely busted and #1 Ekblad in 2014 would not be a top 4 pick in a redraft.

Yeah he would. I only see three guys clearly better than him and Ekblad is only getting better.

You’ve also missed a few (all of the below are 6’3 and above depending on the source):
Jovanovski - top pairing dman
Pronger - hall of famer
Brewer - top pairing dman
Bouwmeester - top pairing dman
Pitkanen - top pairing dman
Johnson - top pairing dman
Pietrangelo - number one dman, future HOFer
Hedman - Norris, Smythe, future HOFer
Jones - number one dman

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
we finish 8th as the 8th worst team and seattle + 3 lottery winners slide ahead of us.. there everybody happy? :sarcasm:
You'd need just two lottery winners sliding ahead of us. Don't forget that Seattle is guaranteed a #6 pick at the minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad