Prospect Info: 2021 NHL Draft: The Home Stretch, Draft July 23-24

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
From Bob

I've seen enough people question Edvinsson to believe he could be there at 6.
But, on the other hand, I'd still take him there.
It's just too hard to predict this top 10.
Frankly, not even sure Power deserves his top spot.
theres got to be several sleepers out there that would be maybe top 5 pix if full seasons would have happened . but instead theyre being ranked back in the teens or 20's . thats why i want another pick in the middle or later of 1st round added , to take a shot at a big bodied , athletic , strongly motored , smart player that hasnt shown high level offensive talent . but could of if a full season been played = SLEEPER STAR ! ecspecially a centerman ... or maybe d , but not winger

Vector Cereal

Jan 30, 2020
Recruites has Edinvsson at 8.
Questions is upside. They don't see any powerplay ability.
But even if his offensive upside sucks, do I really care?
If he's a PK guy, 21-minute a night, swift-skating top 4 LD.
Whoever - Seider
Edvinsson - Hronek
That's a nice top 4.

Could have a top 6 like.
Johansson-Seider
Edvinsson-Hronek
McIsaac (Wallinder)-Whoever (Tuomisto/Lindstrom/Barton)

Could be the makings of a hard defense to play against.
Haven't heard anything about Whoever this year, are you sure you don't mean Whynot?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
And with what we know about the Wings, Hakan, Yzerman, etc. would it surprise you to find out after the draft that they had Edvinsson ranked #1 on their big board the entire time? Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

For the same reasons, I could see them liking Chayka a lot with the pick from Washington.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
prob already linked this thread and read by everybody but posting mckenzies write up
just in case because he makes interesting points about the top 10 and all the votes that guys 6 thru 10
got by scouts that ranked them in top 5 :

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Feels like by the last week before the draft we kind of run out of things to actually discuss. Most of the big prospect threads on the main board have devolved into "I think this player is better" "No I think this player is better."

I kind of get it- no hockey has been played in months now and there's not a whole lot left to say, plus the more casual viewers start to chime in this week (which is fine of course). I wish we had some kind of combine news to discuss at least (can Kent Johnson do a pull-up?)

Anyone going to the live draft party at the LCA? If so I'm jealous- it was a good time in 2019. I'll unfortunately be stuck in D.C., probably ignoring my real life friends with my eyes glued to the draft and hfboards.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
This was a good write-up, I've always liked Andy Lehoux's work. I never get to watch as much of the Q as I'd like so I appreciate his coverage.

Bolduc himself is a sort of vanilla prospect to me, but I wouldn't mind it at #22.

Anthony Beauvillier was a vanilla prospect to me and he looked really damn good for NYI in the postseason. I think Bolduc could at minimum be that kind of player.

Reactions: CairneBloodhoof

Ed Ned and Leddy

Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Anthony Beauvillier was a vanilla prospect to me and he looked really damn good for NYI in the postseason. I think Bolduc could at minimum be that kind of player.

Agreed, I think his size and skating makes him a very safe bet to fill out an NHL roster. No glaring holes in his game really.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
Agreed, I think his size and skating makes him a very safe bet to fill out an NHL roster. No glaring holes in his game really.

It's also a nice bonus that Bolduc loves to shoot the puck. Also I'm sure the Wings watched him a lot last year when they were scouting Lafreniere so maybe he's on their radar.

I'd add him to the list of guys that look like sure bets to become NHLers.

Reactions: CairneBloodhoof

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
Very impressed with how he's handling this. It's rare to see this level of accountability in a kid. Obviously it's not my place to forgive him, but his actions in response to this tell me this incident doesn't define him as a person and he has the strength and character to grow from it.
Or he’s just smart.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
A small lw and an overrated rw. I know that I just posted that more wingers in the system wouldn't be the end of the world, but given the options available at those spots, I would feel sick with that outcome. Those are some stupid picks from Button
Yeah...We need Centers, Goaltenders, and Defencemen, and then Wingers....in that order. I'd be shocked if we picked a Winger, in this draft, with a first round pick. I don't mind going after some in later rounds, but not with our 2 firsts.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Currently doing a mock draft over on the Habs board. I'll be waiting for a job offer in my mailbox!

:wings

Draft Haul

6. Matthew Beniers (C) - University of Michigan
22. Simon Robertsson (RW) -- Skelleftea (SHL)
37. Alexander Kisakov (F) -- Dynamo Moskava (MHL)
47. Olen Zellweger (D) -- Everett (WHL)
51. Wyatt Johnston (C) -- Windsor Spitfires (OHL)
69: Cole Huckins (C) -- Acadie-Bathurst Titans (QMJHL)
93. Kirill Gerasimyuk (G) -- SKA Varyagi (MHL)
101. Victor Stjernborg (C) --Vaxjo (SHL)
127. Ilya Safonov (C) -- AK Bars Kazan (KHL)
133. Zack Ostapchuk (F) -- Vancouver Giants (WHL)
137. Marcus Almquist (F) -- HV71 J20​

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Very impressed with how he's handling this. It's rare to see this level of accountability in a kid. Obviously it's not my place to forgive him, but his actions in response to this tell me this incident doesn't define him as a person and he has the strength and character to grow from it.
Will all teams respect that though? He's one of the better prospects in the draft according to lists. Does a team with no class or a team that can't win not select him? I don't think he can formally withdraw, he can only ask not to be selected unless I'm mistaken. That's a lot of potential talent to give up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad