Prospect Info: 2021 NHL Draft Prospects - part II

beekay414

#FireEveryone
Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
I prefer Hughes, but I also wanted to point out some qualities why Edvindsson might be a better player in the future.
I just have my issues with Edvinsson. It has much less to do with Hughes than it does Edvinsson. LIS prior, I'm team Clarke so I have no horse in this race as far as LHD goes. I've also stated a few times that I group Edvinsson in with Lambos in my 2nd tier of dmen much more than I would him with the big 3, as STI coined. So I'm not overtly advocating for Hughes, I'm just stating my qualms about Edvinsson. I'd be massively disappointed if he's our guy because I simply don't see elite upside and that's what I'd require if I'm taking a dman top 6. I'd rather take a forward, if the big 3 are gone, and then shoot the moon on what's leftover between Lambos, Ceulemans, Svozil, etc.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
The talk of Edvinsson reminds me of the vibe I got from Heiskanen before we knew the Devils were picking #1. When I read about him nothing seemed to scream future top pairing guy who may one day win a Norris, but just very solid overall defenseman. How silly does that look now?

I’m not advocating for Edvinsson over Power, Clark, or Hughes, but wouldn’t be overly disappointed if the Devils went that route.

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
I’d be fine with edvinsson honestly. Not my first choice, but if he can correct a couple homers in his game he could turn out to be a great pick. I’m just happy to have two more good draft picks. Playoffs would be ideal instead but whatever. Hopefully next year we sniff the first round and go from there. Hopefully...

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
My top 6 (for the Devils) is rather easily Clarke, Power, Hughes, Guenther, Beniers, Eklund. I am a HUGE fan of Kent Johnson but he's kind of redundant with what we already have in Hughes and Bratt in our top 6. Of course, if we take Kent, I'll be whoopin' and hollerin' for weeks because he's a supreme talent and has high scoring upside but I'd rather cash in and take a more precise fit with what we have planned.

It's late, and I'm tired, but that's where I stand. I have zero desire to even consider a Simon Edvinsson pick because that would be so off the board for me I'd probably be more pissed than I was when we took Holtz last year. I wasn't being fair to Holtz then so I'd eventually talk myself into Edvinsson but he's not ideal whatsoever. Not when we took someone that offers similar upside last year in Mookie.

i pretty much agree with this. i would just say that even if we end up with johnson or another forward, which would be a worst-case scenario, i don't mind it that much because it makes a guy like bratt/whoever expendable for a trade for help on the back end. so, if the 3 defensemen are gone, we should go BPA regardless of position.

any way you slice it, we should get a nice haul out of the first round, and that's before any deals that fitz alluded to

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
The talk of Edvinsson reminds me of the vibe I got from Heiskanen before we knew the Devils were picking #1. When I read about him nothing seemed to scream future top pairing guy who may one day win a Norris, but just very solid overall defenseman. How silly does that look now?

I’m not advocating for Edvinsson over Power, Clark, or Hughes, but wouldn’t be overly disappointed if the Devils went that route.

again, they're not similar at all.

Goomba

Mario is a Devils fan
May 7, 2021
Two-way defensemen who drive offense, transition the puck and can play defense well are by far the most valuable defensemen in the league. It’s not even close.

The reason Hedman is so admired is that he is a two-way defenseman who can function as shutdown defenseman, partly due to his size.

Edvinsson isn’t a shutdown guy. Size doesn’t automatically make you an adept defensive shutdown defenseman. Look at Tyler Myers, he’s 6’8”, skates, scores some and he has trouble shutting off lights in a room. Not saying Edvinsson is Myers or won’t work out great but height, while an advantage, doesn’t give you magical defensive skills.
Unless im reading and watching on another Simon Edvinsson, hes far closer to a shutdown defender than Hughes Clarke or Power are.

And I already have Ty Smith whos only a better skater away from being a #1 in 2-3 years. If I can add a shutdown, minute eating, big man who has reach and can transition well with his feet and passing... thats two totally different dynamics covered vs having two guys doing the same thing

Obviously this is arguing marginal semantics, because if either Edvinsson or Clarke or Hughes or Power panned out for us were sitting pretty.

Its just about the type of player you want; and I think this team could use a big shutdown and transition dman more than it could another two-way, high scoring dman (who usually isnt as good defensively as the bigger defenders, it just seems that way due to their possession numbers)

Edit: a better skating, lighter Colton Parayko type to go along with our budding Ty Smith Is what I envision if Edvinsson panned out. Hes still my fourth-rated prospect of the four dmen however

Last edited:
Reactions: JK3

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Never said anything about their play style. Just about their perceived ceilings.

I didn't either, but you can't compare 1 player to another saying "How silly does that look now?" when they aren't remotely at the same level of maturity in their development stage. Right now, Edvinsson is still very raw.

Reactions: StevenToddIves

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Perhaps not but Id take a ceiling Edvinsson over a ceiling Clarke and Hughes for his style of play. Edit: also that wasnt a list based on what I think their ceilings are but instead my preference of their styles at their ceilings

a super strong defensive well skating 6'5" dman who can score some is something Id kill for.

He may not score 60 but he can play 26mins a night and not get scored on

The question with Edvinsson is not whether he will score 60 -- that's just patently unrealistic. The question is if he will score 35-40. He has never been a big scorer at any level. He lacks a big shot or elite passing ability. Where are the points going to come from? If the Devils drafted him, it would be difficult to envision him ever making the Devils 1PP -- he's just not close to as good with the puck as Ty Smith and he lacks a shot as good as Reilly Walsh, much less a bomb like Shakir Mukhamadullin.

I do think Edvinsson can score more than an Okhotyuk or Bahl, and I think the defensive play of Edvinsson can be as good as these two. But is that what you use a #6 overall pick on? Even if the Big 3 D are gone, is that what the Devils need more than a top line, two-way, high-skill, high-IQ, high-compete forward like Eklund or Guenther?

Again (again again), Simon Edvinsson is an excellent hockey prospect. But is he a pick for the top 6 or 7 overall? Last year, there was a defensive-oriented defenseman who belonged in that conversation in Jake Sanderson. But Sanderson was far more defensively polished, a faster skater, and had superior offensive acumen which resulted in higher historical offensive production. With Sanderson, the question was do you take an air-tight, shut down defensive defenseman who is likely only going to be a 40+ point guy in the top 7? But some of the same people who said no to Sanderson last year are mysteriously doing an about-face with a defensive-defenseman who is less adept in his own zone and had modest totals of 1 goal, 11 assists and 12 points in 38 games across three Swedish leagues. Is it because he's three inches taller? I don't know what the answer is.

It's a grating subject for me to consistently have to say why I would not draft a certain player at a certain position, especially a player like Edvinsson whom I feel will be a very good NHL player. But a top 6 or 7 pick? That's all projection. He still needs work on his defensive game, and has yet to dominate offensively at any significant level.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
I didn't either, but you can't compare 1 player to another saying "How silly does that look now?" when they aren't remotely at the same level of maturity in their development stage. Right now, Edvinsson is still very raw.

You absolutely can say that. The point is, player’s ceilings are not always what they appear. Not sure what you’re trying to argue here.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Edvinsson is the most overrated prospect in this draft tbqh. He's just as big a question mark as Carson Lambos is, for me, and Lambos has the higher upside. I group those two together and far away from Power, Hughes and Clarke.

I'm ranking Edvinsson over Lambos because he had a better draft-eligible season. Lambos had a really tough year -- he was inconsistent on both sides of the puck in the Finnish J20 and then tragically had an injury prematurely end his year before he could spread his wings in his home league of the WHL. Edvinsson certainly has some areas of his game to clean up, but he generally played very well defensively over three Swedish leagues and shows a more consistent compete and physical edge than Lambos. But if both players idealistically hit their talent ceiling, Lambos will score more.

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I take Edvinsson before Hughes.

If NJ doesn't take Hughes, then I could see him slipping down the draft order to around pick 8-10.

Or, Detroit -- lacking any depth at LD or any high end offensive defenseman -- could win the lottery and take Hughes #1 overall. Or Seattle could wind up in the #2-#4 range with Beniers gone and take Hughes there. Or, Anaheim -- also very thin at LD -- could take Hughes in the same range. Or Los Angeles -- stacked at all 3 forward positions and having their two top D prospects (Faber and Bjornfot) as both defense-first guys, could win a top 2 lottery slot and take Hughes. Or Buffalo -- who the heck knows what that team is ever thinking about anything? -- could take Hughes because they feel his last name makes him a much-needed PR win.

There's a lot which can happen in this draft. I've never seen a draft where major, respected draft analysts and hockey writers rankings have as many as 5 players ranked #1 overall (Power, Beniers, Hughes, Guenther, Eklund) -- and another three players ranked #2 (Clarke, Edvinsson, Johnson).

One thing which will not happen at this draft -- and I'd be willing to bet my head on this -- is the Devils stepping to the draft podium with Hughes and Edvinsson both on the draft board and taking Edvinsson. Even if Luke Hughes was not related to Jack, the Devils do not have a big need for another defensive-oriented LD, and Hughes would represent the best skating defenseman in the NJ organization since Niedermeyer, and the highest offensive upside for a defenseman since Niedermeyer. Hughes is markedly faster than Edvinsson, and easily superior in terms of passing/vision, puckhandling and shooting. Hughes' offensive downside is probably about 10 points per year higher than Edvinsson's realistic offensive peak. I agree that Edvinsson is better defensively and in terms of physicality. But that's the discernible reason to draft him over Hughes, along with the fact he's two inches taller. Is that the Devils big organizational need to get the re-build over the top?

Reactions: Guttersniped

Figgie

Apr 24, 2018
Finland
Or, Detroit -- lacking any depth at LD or any high end offensive defenseman -- could win the lottery and take Hughes #1 overall. Or Seattle could wind up in the #2-#4 range with Beniers gone and take Hughes there. Or, Anaheim -- also very thin at LD -- could take Hughes in the same range.

I think that there is high change that Devils would also take Luke #1. It would only be good marketing to have two Hughes brothers and I really think that our owners want us take Luke if he is available. And of course he could also just be ranked #1 from our scouts. I don't believe that Yzerman is going to draft for need. It is possible that they think Luke is best player in this draft but imagine having Power and Seider on your defence for 15 years.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I get Hedman vibes watching Edvinsson. If he puts it together offensively, he's going to be a stud.

Right now, i would favor a defenseman who is defensively solid but has scope to improve offensively over a defenseman that offensively is great but needs more work defensively.

This comparison is not fair to Edvinsson's realistic potential. In his draft eligible season, Hedman scored 7 goals and 14 assists for 21 points in 43 SHL games, and played in the U-20 WJC and scored 3 goals and 3 assists for 6 points. Edvinsson played 38 games (14 SJ20 14 Allvenskan 10 SHL), totaling 1 goal, 11 assists and 12 points and then played in the U-18 and potted 1 goal and 3 assists for a respectable 4 points. Hedman is a better passer and has a far stronger shot. Comparing them because they are both tall and Swedish is just extremely unrealistic for Edvinsson.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY

This was a good argument for Jake Sanderson last year, who compared very closely to Heiskanen both stylistically and in terms of skill-set. No one in the 2021 draft compares in either sense to either of these defensemen.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
This was a good argument for Jake Sanderson last year, who compared very closely to Heiskanen both stylistically and in terms of skill-set. No one in the 2021 draft compares in either sense to either of these defensemen.

Not comparing them stylistically or skill set. Simply stating that sometimes a perceived higher rated “lower ceiling” guy doesn’t always end up as a low ceiling player.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Not comparing them stylistically or skill set. Simply stating that sometimes a perceived higher rated “lower ceiling” guy doesn’t always end up as a low ceiling player.

Agreed. But you need certain skills to score, and usually these skills are evident at an amateur level.

Looking at some of the recent NHL Draft steals, they are usually players who have certain elite tools but lack one of two greatest-regarded tools of size and speed, or play in unconventional circumstances which could drop their draft position.

With defensemen, Samuel Girard is a great example. He had every tool in the book -- but if he were 6'1 there is no doubt he would have been a high 1st rounder instead of a mid-second round pick. Brett Pesce is another example -- he was a terrific prospect who excelled in every defensive respect, but because he never ever took offensive chances at the risk of defense somehow he was labeled a bottom-6 defensive prospect despite outstanding acuity at the position. Or how about Moritz Seider? While Steve Yzerman clearly thought highly of him, many of his rankings were in the second round, which could be simply because there are no top German defensemen in the NHL and people were skeptical. You could bet if his name was "Morag Seidersson" he would have been on every top 15 list in the land. And I'm not even patient enough to get into why K'Andre Miller had a ton of second-round rankings from writers who questioned his hockey IQ for no reason which had anything to do with his play on the ice.

But all of these players had the skill-sets to at least project the type of players they would become. This is in stark contrast to a player who lacks high-end passing and shooting -- the two major ways to accrue points -- and has not historically put up big offensive numbers. We can't just say "he'll figure out offense". Though there are historically defensemen who learn offense -- which, to me, is easier than learning defense -- it is the exception rather than the rule. We can point to guys like Zdeno Chara and Jake Muzzin and Jake Slavin and Mark Giordano who never really produced points at amateur levels and then became very good offensive producers at the NHL level -- but they all had different tool sets. For instance, Zdeno Chara did not exactly tear up the Slovakian score sheets in his draft eligible year of 1996, but we knew he had an absolute cannon of a shot. Jake Slavin wasn't exactly scoring in bunches for the Chicago Steel in his draft year, but we knew he was a smart and efficient passer who never made a bad puck decision.

Edvinsson's ceiling is very good, but there is no evidence of high end offensive skills which will translate to high scoring totals at the professional level. The secondary argument would be a lack of high scoring totals at the amateur level. Last year, Jake Sanderson was often down-ranked because many people questioned his offensive upside, but now many of these same writers have avoided the same questions with Edvinsson, who has produced lower scoring totals to Sanderson in his draft-eligible campaign. Why the disparity? I have no idea. But the idea that Edvinsson will score as much in the NHL as Jake Sanderson is a big stretch -- and the idea he will score like Brandt Clarke or Luke Hughes potentially can is a really, really big stretch.

Goomba

Mario is a Devils fan
May 7, 2021
The question with Edvinsson is not whether he will score 60 -- that's just patently unrealistic. The question is if he will score 35-40. He has never been a big scorer at any level. He lacks a big shot or elite passing ability. Where are the points going to come from? If the Devils drafted him, it would be difficult to envision him ever making the Devils 1PP -- he's just not close to as good with the puck as Ty Smith and he lacks a shot as good as Reilly Walsh, much less a bomb like Shakir Mukhamadullin.

I do think Edvinsson can score more than an Okhotyuk or Bahl, and I think the defensive play of Edvinsson can be as good as these two. But is that what you use a #6 overall pick on? Even if the Big 3 D are gone, is that what the Devils need more than a top line, two-way, high-skill, high-IQ, high-compete forward like Eklund or Guenther?

Again (again again), Simon Edvinsson is an excellent hockey prospect. But is he a pick for the top 6 or 7 overall? Last year, there was a defensive-oriented defenseman who belonged in that conversation in Jake Sanderson. But Sanderson was far more defensively polished, a faster skater, and had superior offensive acumen which resulted in higher historical offensive production. With Sanderson, the question was do you take an air-tight, shut down defensive defenseman who is likely only going to be a 40+ point guy in the top 7? But some of the same people who said no to Sanderson last year are mysteriously doing an about-face with a defensive-defenseman who is less adept in his own zone and had modest totals of 1 goal, 11 assists and 12 points in 38 games across three Swedish leagues. Is it because he's three inches taller? I don't know what the answer is.

It's a grating subject for me to consistently have to say why I would not draft a certain player at a certain position, especially a player like Edvinsson whom I feel will be a very good NHL player. But a top 6 or 7 pick? That's all projection. He still needs work on his defensive game, and has yet to dominate offensively at any significant level.
Thats fair. I stated it in my other post that I have Edvinsson as a clear #4 for the top-4 dmen. So the argument to not draft him at six or higher is one I agree with, personally.

But when considering our choices I take the viewpoint of the GM and team; and I find it hard to believe they wouldnt take Edvinsson if the other three are gone before us.

So, stylistically, I think hes a great fit at his ceiling for a contending team with a ton of offense up front and Ty Smith who could average 50+. Id prefer that type of player over a higher scoring, less defensively strong player.

I guess its hard to parallel the two since Edvinsson's potential ceiling is lower than the other three (unless he improves his offense, which is what Im guessing scouts bank on when he gets into the NA game), and Im advocating for his ceiling playstyle over Hughes and Clarke. But Id never take Edvinsson over Hughes, who I think has the highest ceiling in the draft. Or Clarke who has possibly top-3 potential as well.

But if its out of my hands and Im rating styles of players I think we need, and what I prefer; Id like the big dman who skates well and is strong in his own end and transition. That I will stick with since its excluding their actual prospect writeups for what they can be, which requires a bit of imagination I suppose.

My true draft ranking is Hughes Power Clarke Edvinsson, but if were getting any of the four and they 100% hit their ceilings and correct all the 'what-ifs', I want Edvinsson second to Power and ahead of Hughes and Clarke. Strictly an on-paper, looking at matchups, readying for playoffs move based on fit and style.

And that pains me to say as I want the Hughes brother dynamic for the fun and growth of the team. And since I think he can be Erik Karlsson-esque in how he affects the game (just less offense and more defense), if he develops as his brothers have and are before him. I dont have many defenseman in recent years as better skaters than him, including Rasmus.

After writing this I feel like I sound stupid and just made absolutely no sense lmfao; but Ill leave it to see if it makes any sense to you or anyone else, if not for anything else but a good laugh

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Thats fair. I stated it in my other post that I have Edvinsson as a clear #4 for the top-4 dmen. So the argument to not draft him at six or higher is one I agree with, personally.

But when considering our choices I take the viewpoint of the GM and team; and I find it hard to believe they wouldnt take Edvinsson if the other three are gone before us.

So, stylistically, I think hes a great fit at his ceiling for a contending team with a ton of offense up front and Ty Smith who could average 50+. Id prefer that type of player over a higher scoring, less defensively strong player.

I guess its hard to parallel the two since Edvinsson's potential ceiling is lower than the other three (unless he improves his offense, which is what Im guessing scouts bank on when he gets into the NA game), and Im advocating for his ceiling playstyle over Hughes and Clarke. But Id never take Edvinsson over Hughes, who I think has the highest ceiling in the draft. Or Clarke who has possibly top-3 potential as well.

But if its out of my hands and Im rating styles of players I think we need, and what I prefer; Id like the big dman who skates well and is strong in his own end and transition. That I will stick with since its excluding their actual prospect writeups for what they can be, which requires a bit of imagination I suppose.

My true draft ranking is Hughes Power Clarke Edvinsson, but if were getting any of the four and they 100% hit their ceilings and correct all the 'what-ifs', I want Edvinsson second to Power and ahead of Hughes and Clarke. Strictly an on-paper, looking at matchups, readying for playoffs move based on fit and style.

And that pains me to say as I want the Hughes brother dynamic for the fun and growth of the team. And since I think he can be Erik Karlsson-esque in how he affects the game (just less offense and more defense), if he develops as his brothers have and are before him. I dont have many defenseman in recent years as better skaters than him, including Rasmus.

After writing this I feel like I sound stupid and just made absolutely no sense lmfao; but Ill leave it to see if it makes any sense to you or anyone else, if not for anything else but a good laugh

Nothing sounds stupid and all of our opinions are equally worthwhile. I'm just pretty decent at discerning and processing information about draft prospects and then expressing it.

I will say that if all the first round defensemen were to correct all the "what ifs" and hit their ultimate talent ceiling, then the best two would be -- without a doubt in my mind -- Hughes or Clarke. These guys are capable of offensive heights which the rest of them simply are not. Clarke probably has the best hands of any defensemen to come out of the draft since Cale Makar, and he combines this with absolutely elite passing and shooting. Hughes will be one of the top handful of skating defensemen in the NHL the minute he enters the NHL, and combines that with a 6'2 wingspan and outstanding hands and passing vision. My number three on this list would not be Power but rather Lambos, who has a ridiculous skill set which reminds me on some levels of Alex Pietrangelo, but he is also further away from his ceiling than any other D likely to be considered in the first round. Fourth would be Power and fifth would be Ceulemans -- who has a terrific mix of every tool in the box -- size, speed, strength, hands, vision and shooting.

Of course this is my subjective opinion. But this opinion comes from a ton of research, both of the players and their particular talent sets along with the historic analysis of players who have similar-type skill sets. As always, agreeing with me is far from the be-all-end-all of knowledge, but as a huge fan of the New Jersey Devils who also knows a thing or two about drafts and hockey prospects, it bears some relevance -- I'm not going to stand on a pulpit saying "draft this guy" or "don't draft this guy" unless I really feel strongly about it.

Reactions: nugg

Goomba

Mario is a Devils fan
May 7, 2021
Nothing sounds stupid and all of our opinions are equally worthwhile. I'm just pretty decent at discerning and processing information about draft prospects and then expressing it.

I will say that if all the first round defensemen were to correct all the "what ifs" and hit their ultimate talent ceiling, then the best two would be -- without a doubt in my mind -- Hughes or Clarke. These guys are capable of offensive heights which the rest of them simply are not. Clarke probably has the best hands of any defensemen to come out of the draft since Cale Makar, and he combines this with absolutely elite passing and shooting. Hughes will be one of the top handful of skating defensemen in the NHL the minute he enters the NHL, and combines that with a 6'2 wingspan and outstanding hands and passing vision. My number three on this list would not be Power but rather Lambos, who has a ridiculous skill set which reminds me on some levels of Alex Pietrangelo, but he is also further away from his ceiling than any other D likely to be considered in the first round. Fourth would be Power and fifth would be Ceulemans -- who has a terrific mix of every tool in the box -- size, speed, strength, hands, vision and shooting.

Of course this is my subjective opinion. But this opinion comes from a ton of research, both of the players and their particular talent sets along with the historic analysis of players who have similar-type skill sets. As always, agreeing with me is far from the be-all-end-all of knowledge, but as a huge fan of the New Jersey Devils who also knows a thing or two about drafts and hockey prospects, it bears some relevance -- I'm not going to stand on a pulpit saying "draft this guy" or "don't draft this guy" unless I really feel strongly about it.
Thinking about Jack and Luke tearing up the league in Devils sweaters makes the goosebumps go wild

Just two years ago I was saying 'watch Jack Hughes end up a Rangers' well before the lottery. Safe to say Im relieved that did not happen (though Lafreniere isnt far off in potential)

Goomba

Mario is a Devils fan
May 7, 2021
At this point I dont even care who we get, just get to the damn draft already. Im at the point of going insane hoping a leak comes out on who we prefer

Reactions: OmNomNom

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Thinking about Jack and Luke tearing up the league in Devils sweaters makes the goosebumps go wild

Just two years ago I was saying 'watch Jack Hughes end up a Rangers' well before the lottery. Safe to say Im relieved that did not happen (though Lafreniere isnt far off in potential)

Lafreniere is going to be outstanding, and I cannot wait to watch him excel at the NHL level. I like watching greatness -- hockey done at elite levels is like an art to me -- and I don't care what team you're on if you perform with brilliance.

I do love the idea of Hughes and Lafreniere both perennially being near the top of league scoring, and being the best players on their teams as the Devils and Rangers rekindle their once-brilliant rivalry of the mid-90s.

Luke Hughes is a player who has a very strong chance of being drafted by the Devils, and it would indeed be a ton of fun to watch happen. The Devils simply have not had a player who could dictate the pace of play on the blueline like this since Niedermeyer, and his combination of blinding speed and puck-skill would back up opposing defenses in a way which could change the very face of the Devils re-build.

Reactions: Goomba

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Not when we took someone that offers similar upside last year in Mookie.
Edvinsson is a much better prospect and has higher upside. They’re not even on the same level IMO so I don’t get why some people like to act like Edvinsson is just another Mukhammadullin. If Edvinsson really turns out he could be a good #1 dman. If Mukhammadullin turns out I don’t see him being anything more than a solid 2nd pairing guy. Edvinsson has a much better skillset and has more potential.

I’d rather Clarke, Power or Hughes than Edvinsson but I would be okay with us taking him and he’d immediately be our top d prospect without question.

Reactions: Figgie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad