2021 NHL Draft (new season tank edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Out of curiosity, why would you take Clarke given the current makeup of our team and specifically the right side of our D

Because he would be the BPA in that scenario. Clarke is at least a year away, if not two. Things change. And RHD is the second most valuable position to have, so worst case scenario we have an insanely good trade chip to move to fill a need better.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Im hoping that all the D go before our pick so an impact forward slides. Lysell is underrated because he didnt get the opportunities Eklund did.
Lysell is sliding because attitude problems? Something of that sort

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Because he would be the BPA in that scenario. Clarke is at least a year away, if not two. Things change. And RHD is the second most valuable position to have, so worst case scenario we have an insanely good trade chip to move to fill a need better.

Right on that makes sense, was just curious

Reactions: Sandisfan

LeeIFBB

Crossing the Rubicon
Sep 30, 2011
Tanning Bed
5bwj91.jpg

StanleyCup2035

Oct 1, 2017
I predict we draft a forward who will score a GWG in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals in 2025, his 4th of the game. He will stroke it, then raise the cup (with the other hand), then hand the cup to the 45 year old me!

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
Doubt anyone gives up a 2022 pick...those are gonna be like gold I'd think.

Very true! But would be amazing if some team got overzealous and over-optimistic though. There's a number of teams that I would take the gamble with e.g., I'd swap our 2021 for the 2022 of almost anyone outside of the playoffs.

spintops

Sep 13, 2013
I know it doesn't actually change anything, but I'm fine with #7 and crossing my fingers for getting lucky next year. No way were we winning the lottery in back to back years.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
One thing about Brandt Clarke is he's a right shot defenseman from Ottawa and wore #65 in the Slovakian men's league he played in this season. Can't imagine that's a coincidence.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Outside of the top-3 none of these guys will play this year anyways

Not this year, but Burns and Karlsson are signed for 4 more years, and from what little I know of Clarke he is less than 4 years away from NHL ready if he develops as expected.

Also that does not even take into account the possibility that Merkley figures things out and makes the team as well.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
The Sharks have laid out their cards. They'll draft Wallstedt if he's available, let him marinate another year and bring him in 2022-2023 with Bordeleau/Wiesblatt/Gushschin/Merkley. They're gonna extend Hertl. They're gonna trade Burns if able.

Kane-Hertl-Bordeleau
Meier-Couture-Gushchin
Leonard-signed player-Labanc
Donato-Chmelevski-Blichfeld
Chekhovich,

Ferraro-Karlsson
Vlasic-Merkley
Kniazev-Simek
Hatakka

Wallstedt
Korenar

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Idk if it's just me but Clarke seems like a meh pick to me. Granted you could say that about a number of guys but there are a few in that 7th range who excite me more than Clarke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad