NFL: 2021 NFL off-season news & notes discussion thread

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Matt Stafford is 33 ,nowhere near as good a QB as Jones is as a WR and he got 2 #1's and a starting QB.
QBs are a different batch vs WR. So long as their arm is fine they will still command a good return.

QBs and OL are the ones that retain the most value into their 30’s. All other positions drop a lot.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Can see Julio ending up with the niners or pats. Seattle's talking to him but that's just to drive the price up on SF.:thumbu:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Can see Julio ending up with the niners or pats. Seattle's talking to him but that's just to drive the price up on SF.:thumbu:
Metcalf is going into year 3 and they extended Lockett. Only so much money to go around for wr when Metcalf contract is due.

Seattle planning on winning all shootouts with a suspect CB group?

Chris5225

Dec 29, 2019
Titans seem to be the favourite right now to land Jones. Apparently the asking price is a 2nd round pick.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Titans seem to be the favourite right now to land Jones. Apparently the asking price is a 2nd round pick.

Reasonable ask, given his salary, position and age. If they can solidify their D they're a contender but Jones won't hurt in the "outscore your problems" department.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Metcalf is going into year 3 and they extended Lockett. Only so much money to go around for wr when Metcalf contract is due.

Seattle planning on winning all shootouts with a suspect CB group?

Why would Seattle want a 3rd star WR when they will do everything to take the ball out of Wilson's hands. Then again this is the team that overpaid for Harvin, Graham and Adams.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
49ers can’t match the price if the Falcons want more from NFC teams

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Employers have the right and employees too. I’ll quit my job before I give into a common cold.
Interesting how these coaches who are almost assuredly making more than they're worth are not quitting their jobs, since they won't then get hired by another team, especially since this is also not the common cold.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Interesting how these coaches who are almost assuredly making more than they're worth are not quitting their jobs, since they won't then get hired by another team, especially since this is also not the common cold.
Unless it’s several assistant coaches on these teams and it’s on one side of the ball it makes it a burden on the team. If it’s one coach on each side of the ball the team will continue on without them.

these coaches may end up getting passed over in future promotions if the person stepping up into their role does a good job.

HC and the coordinators make the money. A lb or db coach only gets so much.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Was drafted by Bears but never played an NFL Game

Had distinction of throwing last pass in the World Football League before league folded

58-53-1 for career coaching leading Giants to playoff 3 times in 7 years

Was also coach of Las Vegas of UFL winning two UFL championships

RIP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad