NFL: 2021 NFL off-season news & notes discussion thread

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Did this dude seriously take the time to make a mock-up of what watching Redzone would look like in the 80s? That's a really cool idea.

Love channels break down smaller moments like this one. Foolish Baseball, Stark Raving Sports, etc. He's got a sub from me

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Just goes to show you just how fast true track sprinters could run the 40 yard dash. Just for fun like in 2019 or 2020 at an event, Bolt ran the 40 in 4.22 in tennis shows and sweats. I think most of the top track people who could run a 100m in under 10 seconds would have 40 times of 4.1 seconds, possible better.

In a 100m dash, the sprinters are going by the start gun so they lost a fraction of time, whereas the 40 time begins when the runner breaks the line on their own.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Just goes to show you just how fast true track sprinters could run the 40 yard dash. Just for fun like in 2019 or 2020 at an event, Bolt ran the 40 in 4.22 in tennis shows and sweats. I think most of the top track people who could run a 100m in under 10 seconds would have 40 times of 4.1 seconds, possible better.

In a 100m dash, the sprinters are going by the start gun so they lost a fraction of time, whereas the 40 time begins when the runner breaks the line on their own.
It also makes you think how well he might have done if training for this kind of sprint had been his focus the past few years. It's not like he embarrassed himself out there.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It also makes you think how well he might have done if training for this kind of sprint had been his focus the past few years. It's not like he embarrassed himself out there.
True. No reason for any player to run 100 meters as part of their training, At full speed. To run the distance on any play the player would have to zig zag around the field thus not go at full speed.

saw a video where a Tennessee track guy ran the 40 in 4.13 unofficially. So wouldn’t surprise me to see the best of the best sprinters for it in under 4.1

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Leaving is kind. He was fired because ESPN's talent money all goes to people who yell.
Wasn’t ESPN not renewing contracts of people when they had their last round of layoffs?

his deal likely up and he’s too high prices to keep.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
E7BF079F-5F7E-43BC-8B61-6E7CBBFC6686.jpeg

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Saw Florio/Simms do a segment on James. Talked about how the Broncos are pretty much going to not pay the guy because he was at the team facility prior to the statement from the PA asking players to stay away. If that is true, then I don't see any way the Broncos do anything other than not pay the guy since he was there then left the facility after he opted out of the 2020 Covid season.

They made very good points about insuring yourself and contract by being at the team facility. If you get hurt there, they have to cover your contract.

It's very hypocritical of the NFL to expect games to come to camp in shape, but if they work out at home to get ready and hurt themselves cause they are pushing themselves to the limit that they don't get paid.

He made 17 million over 3 years and played 63 snaps.......I don't feel turrible.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Have to break that group down into starters and backups. Also what contract were they on. Backup on a rookie deal no surprise with them now competing against a new crop of rookies and those who a year with the team.

james from Denver falls into this group but the injury dictated his release because his contract would have been a big dead cap hit whether he was or wasn’t on the team.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

He had QB's running the gamut from Gus Frerotte to Tom Brady, but the QB with the best arm of this group is EASILY Jeff George. Best arm I've ever seen. 5 cent head.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad