NFL GDT: 2021 NFL Draft

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It starts Thursday. I think it could get nuts after the 3rd pick with Atlanta on the clock.

Hopefully we get some surprises and excitement at the top but as we get closer, the consensus on the top five seems to be Lawrence, Wilson, Jones, Pitts, and Sewell/Chase. The Falcons might love Pitts too much to shake things up by going QB or with a trade.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Hopefully we get some surprises and excitement at the top but as we get closer, the consensus on the top five seems to be Lawrence, Wilson, Jones, Pitts, and Sewell/Chase. The Falcons might love Pitts too much to shake things up by going QB or with a trade.
I think the draft really does start 4th. I know they pushed Ryan contract further out but if they feel one of the quarterbacks there is worth they should take him. Never know when they will be in this position again. The Bengals are also an interesting team. Do they take Sewell or Chase or do they get am offer so great they trade down a few spots. I think they still could get Sewell in the backend of the top 10.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I think the draft really does start 4th. I know they pushed Ryan contract further out but if they feel one of the quarterbacks there is worth they should take him. Never know when they will be in this position again. The Bengals are also an interesting team. Do they take Sewell or Chase or do they get am offer so great they trade down a few spots. I think they still could get Sewell in the backend of the top 10.

I think the Falcons should go QB. Like you said, don't know when you'll be in this position again.

Sewell's floor seems to be the Panthers at 8 but then again, what if a QB falls to them? Do they really like Darnold enough to pass on one they like?

Should be a fun draft.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Cowboys pick 10th ( barring any deal with a QB hungry team ) so here's my preference:

1 - Patrick Surtain ( CB ) Alamabama
2 - Jaycee Horn ( CB ) South Carolina
3 - trade the pick to move down but no lower than #15 or #16. If we can squeeze New England for # 15 and maybe their 2022 1st round pick ( more likely it will be a couple of 2nd round picks ) for the #10 pick so they can grab their future QB then Dallas could still possibly grab Horn or Parsons in the first round plus add a couple extra high picks.
4 - Michah Parsons ( LB ) Penn State
5 - Rashawn Slater ( OL ) Northwestern

Reactions: fin8 and Dr Salt

darko

Feb 16, 2009

Taking Pitts at 4 would be a mistake.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Since the Chiefs traded their 1st all the time I spent getting enamored with Teven Jenkins was huge waste (and it's seeming he wouldn't be there at 31 anyway). But I am looking forward to seeing how the first round shakes out regardless. Mostly fascinated to see who gets the final say for the 49ers at 3 and whether a team like Chicago, NE, Washington feels compelled to move up and grab whichever QB ends up sliding a bit.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Since the Chiefs traded their 1st all the time I spent getting enamored with Teven Jenkins was huge waste (and it's seeming he wouldn't be there at 31 anyway). But I am looking forward to seeing how the first round shakes out regardless. Mostly fascinated to see who gets the final say for the 49ers at 3 and whether a team like Chicago, NE, Washington feels compelled to move up and grab whichever QB ends up sliding a bit.
I agree with the second part. If SF takes Jones, then I see a team outside the top 10 trading up to secure one of Lance/Fields. If it is NE trading up, at pick #15, they probably can get by sacrificing a pair of 2nd round picks in the swap. WAS/CHI, likely looking at giving up their #1 in 2022.

But, if SF takes Fields/Lance, I don't think other teams are trading up to get Jones. Of the other teams in the top 10, it should be either Detroit or Denver that would take the remaining Fields/Lance.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Shanahan wants Jones and Lynch/scouts want Lance? Is that the speculation from people around the team? That’s what McShay wrote yesterday.
Lynch/Scouts looking at the longer term picture, they see the higher upside of Lance. Shanahan, sees Jones as more NFL ready.

It just seems strange that they would have made that trade up to target Jones. Feels like they could have traded with Detroit or Carolina and given up a bit less, like swapping out one of their 1st for a 2nd round pick.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It starts Thursday. I think it could get nuts after the 3rd pick with Atlanta on the clock.
Quite frankly it’s already been nuts, so the prospect of it getting nuttier is even more fun.

The potential for a lot of movement is so great for the entire first round.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Shanahan wants Jones and Lynch/scouts want Lance? Is that the speculation from people around the team? That’s what McShay wrote yesterday.
No, but it’s a gut feeling. This team has been very quiet since Lynch took over so I believe anything from the outside is speculative. I just see the two having differing opinions on qb’s and schemes at times.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Lynch/Scouts looking at the longer term picture, they see the higher upside of Lance. Shanahan, sees Jones as more NFL ready.

It just seems strange that they would have made that trade up to target Jones. Feels like they could have traded with Detroit or Carolina and given up a bit less, like swapping out one of their 1st for a 2nd round pick.
It makes more sense to take Lance for multiple reasons. He can be given a full year of studying and learning under Jimmy G and can see how professionals conduct themselves. It did wonders for Mahomes just listening to him and his pops speak of Alex Smith anytime he’s mentioned.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Wow! Just when I thought I couldn't get more excited for the draft, they go and do something like this to get me even more hyped!
The chair was a big hit last year and I am glad it is back

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on
Cowboys pick 10th ( barring any deal with a QB hungry team ) so here's my preference:

1 - Patrick Surtain ( CB ) Alamabama
2 - Jaycee Horn ( CB ) South Carolina
3 - trade the pick to move down but no lower than #15 or #16. If we can squeeze New England for # 15 and maybe their 2022 1st round pick ( more likely it will be a couple of 2nd round picks ) for the #10 pick so they can grab their future QB then Dallas could still possibly grab Horn or Parsons in the first round plus add a couple extra high picks.
4 - Michah Parsons ( LB ) Penn State
5 - Rashawn Slater ( OL ) Northwestern
I would be extremely happy with any of these scenarios. I like Horn better than Surtain, but it’s close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad