NFL GDT: 2021 NFL Draft

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
I wonder how Trevor Lawrence feels about being a Jacksonville Jaguar.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

This would be unfathomably stupid. You don’t make this kind of move for a tackle, especially when this type of need doesn’t exist

As a Lions fan who wants Sewell, if the Saints want to give up two future 1sts and their 2nd or 3rd this year then we can do business. Anything less and they can pound sand.

It doesn't make sense for them to do this trade until the last minute anyway because Sewell could very likely go to the Bengals.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
As a Lions fan who wants Sewell, if the Saints want to give up two future 1sts and their 2nd or 3rd this year then we can do business. Anything less and they can pound sand.

It doesn't make sense for them to do this trade until the last minute anyway because Sewell could very likely go to the Bengals.
Saints have Ramcyzk at RT who was a LT in college. Figure that they would be fine. NO have been kicking the dead cap hit down the road for multiple years now. Sooner or later they have to pay for it. When that happens, they will need their draft picks to perform. Not sure giving up 3 picks for 1 player is going to do that.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

I think the Bengals will take Sewell too so that’s who they should be targeting. But the obvious connection between the coaching staffs could be in play. Lions have a lot of high picks so do they need to take the risk? I say no.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yeah I agree. He seems like the kind of player that might be good but will never be good ENOUGH. I think he maxes out at a Garroppolo or Cousins level.
If there was a larger separation in pay between Jimmy/Cousins at the top QBs, you could manage with them. But that gap isn't that large where you could get 2 good players to offset the difference.

Reactions: Gecklund

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Saints have Ramcyzk at RT who was a LT in college. Figure that they would be fine. NO have been kicking the dead cap hit down the road for multiple years now. Sooner or later they have to pay for it. When that happens, they will need their draft picks to perform. Not sure giving up 3 picks for 1 player is going to do that.
Cap is going to explode with new TV deals so no they don’t have to pay for it eventually, they already cut guys loose this year.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Burrow got hit too many times last season and it eventually ended his year. The tackle class is strong where they could get a starter in 2021 from the second round, but I still think I would draft Sewell if I were them.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
You have got to be kidding me.

tim Tebow got a try out and is being discussed as being signed

what year is this??????

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I think the Bengals will take Sewell too so that’s who they should be targeting. But the obvious connection between the coaching staffs could be in play. Lions have a lot of high picks so do they need to take the risk? I say no.

The Lions only have 6 picks in this draft, granted it's only the 6th and 7th rounders they don't have, but I think they would like to stockpile picks if they can and have more ammo to fill needs of which are many especially if the elite guys like Sewell and Chase are off the board.

Personally, I think they should take Fields if he's there (which seems likely). Goff doesn't seem like a long term answer and they have a crapload of 2022 picks to surround Fields with talent. Not likely to happen though.

I think the Bengals would be smart to take Sewell but they're the Bengals so...

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Cap is going to explode with new TV deals so no they don’t have to pay for it eventually, they already cut guys loose this year.
They will have to eat dead cap down the line but as you mentioned with the Tv revenue going up the dead money won’t be as large a % of the cap when they have to eat it.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Burrow got hit too many times last season and it eventually ended his year. The tackle class is strong where they could get a starter in 2021 from the second round, but I still think I would draft Sewell if I were them.
Sewell/Chase then paired with what they can get in round 2 at OT/WR. If you gave each of those guys a madden rating which combo comes out the best? Chase and the 5th OT or Sewell and the 5th WR?

I look at the Super Bowl. Hill, Kelce and co aren’t going to produce when Mahomes is running for his life.

Jonah Williams has been hurt for most of his 2 nfl years. Reiff got a 1 year deal. They do need help on the line.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They will have to eat dead cap down the line but as you mentioned with the Tv revenue going up the dead money won’t be as large a % of the cap when they have to eat it.
I have heard about the Saints getting crushed by their cap space since at least when they won the Super Bowl. At least.

This is what the cap wizards do.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
I haven't no idea what to expect tonight with regards to the Pats and the whole NFL really.

It's going to be a very interesting day.

I just don't want Jimmy G (rumored). The guy has flashes of brillance but on a big sample size he's average to slightly above average at best imho

Trading up and landing Fields would make me happy but honestly i'd be fine with taking any of the QB not named Lawrence (because well the guy is already a Jaguar in my mind). I may be asking for a lot and trading some good assets will likely be required but the Pats need a QB so let's get one i say

But yes it's going to be very interesting. One of the potentially most unpredictable draft as a Pats fan

Reactions: Tuggy

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I just don't want Jimmy G (rumored). The guy has flashes of brillance but on a big sample size he's average to slightly above average at best imho

Trading up and landing Fields would make me happy but honestly i'd be fine with taking any of the QB not named Lawrence (because well the guy is already a Jaguar in my mind). I may be asking for a lot and trading some good assets will likely be required but the Pats need a QB so let's get one i say

But yes it's going to be very interesting. One of the potentially most unpredictable draft as a Pats fan

Yeah I don't have a lot of interest in Jimmy either.

Maybe if he's cut but not interested in trading for him.

Fields would be nice. I think he's got a very high ceiling.

Too hard to predict anything right now, so many variables. Now the Aaron Rodgers news...who the hell knows :laugh:

Reactions: V13

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
If Jones is there at #20 ,, I would be fine with Bears drafting him

I like him and said during season that if we had late 1st round pick he would be good target

I think someone grabs him well before #20 though

I'd be shocked if two guys who are rumored to be skating on thin ice had the balls to take a QB to sit behind Dalton this season. It would be a nice value for the Bears, but as you said, someone is taking Jones in the Top 10.

Although what do I know, now there are rumors they might make a move for Fields if he falls. Maybe Dalton is going to be like Glennon.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'd be shocked if two guys who are rumored to be skating on thin ice had the balls to take a QB to sit behind Dalton this season. It would be a nice value for the Bears, but as you said, someone is taking Jones in the Top 10.

Although what do I know, now there are rumors they might make a move for Fields if he falls. Maybe Dalton is going to be like Glennon.
Taking a QB could increase their job security. Bill O'Brien keep doing that for years and then got fired when it was finally obvious to the Texans that he was going to blow it even after the team had been in position.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad