OT: 2021 NFL and NCAAF offseason thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
That Derrick Brooks/Warren Sapp defense was tremendous.

I still don't think there was a better cover 2 MLB than Brooks.
There probably wasn't. That defense had hall of famers on the line, at LB, at safety, and Barber should be in as well. Super pumped for David as he's been massively underrated his entire career. One of the best LBers of the last decade.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
That screeching sound you just heard were the brakes on Mahomes' place in history vs the greats. He's a tremendous talent, that can't be denied, but comparisons with all-time QBs at this stage of his career are a bit pre-mature.
not really sure thats true?

his team let him down tonight

Camille the Eel

Brady blew through Brees, Rodgers, and Mahomes at 43 years of age.

I hate to admit it but he's officially in Jordan and Gretzky land.
He also got free of Belichick’s shadow. See what the Pats became without him. What the Bucs became with him.

All of those Pats championships belong to him and most were done with a lot less help on the roster then he had this year. This was his easiest super bowl game.

Reactions: glenwo2

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
The defense had nothing to do with it? Brady forced Brees to throw multiple interceptions in their playoff game?
Of course they played out of their minds. I'll always love me some jpp. But thats tantamount to asking me if messier or pippen had anything to do with outcomes.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
148493790_4351356844879551_8136653653535444359_o.jpg

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
As a neutral observer that barely watches the NFL anymore, KC never really looked dangerous. It seemed like Mahomes was scrambling for his life half the time. Even if the penalties were completely even I don't think the outcome would have been different. It may have been closer, but it didn't feel "rigged" to me. Although like I said I barely watch anymore, so maybe I just missed things.

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

That number sounds absurdly high :laugh: but I think it sums the main part of the issue up in that KC missing significant parts of their starting offensive line was a major factor in why they lost. Mahomes was running for his life too often last night.

Reactions: My3Sons

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I have never seen a more rigged super bowl
If KC didn't want to get called for penalties they probably shouldn't have made them. Their secondary has been like that for a while. They hold, they grab, etc. It is what it is. I don't think you can blame the refs though when your QB breaks 100 yards passing with less than a minute left in the third quarter.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
He deserved to do that tbh. Hill did that to him when they last played and back flipped into the end zone. Love when that shit comes back full circle.

Exactly. Not only is Hill a terrible person, but he did the same to him and flipped into the end zone.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Of course they played out of their minds. I'll always love me some jpp. But thats tantamount to asking me if messier or pippen had anything to do with outcomes.

I disagree. In my view, if Cook doesn’t fumble I think NO beats TB regardless of how Brady played. I give primary credit for that win to the defense. They played well and had a good gameplan. I’m still not sure TB wins if NO has Murray and Taysom Hill healthy but that’s speculation.

Camille the Eel

I disagree. In my view, if Cook doesn’t fumble I think NO beats TB regardless of how Brady played. I give primary credit for that win to the defense. They played well and had a good gameplan. I’m still not sure TB wins if NO has Murray and Taysom Hill healthy but that’s speculation.
Their defense got better with each playoff game. They played their best football of the year progressively at the end. Their front 7 on D is as good as anybody in the league, as any we’ve seen in a while.

Still, a weird season with Covid and all. Definitely an asterisk next to this one in my memory. Though the asterisk conditions applied equally to everyone in the league.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Their defense got better with each playoff game. They played their best football of the year progressively at the end. Their front 7 on D is as good as anybody in the league, as any we’ve seen in a while.

Still, a weird season with Covid and all. Definitely an asterisk next to this one in my memory. Though the asterisk conditions applied equally to everyone in the league.

I agree that the TB defense peaked at the perfect time. They also benefitted from good health it seems which is always a big deal in the NFL playoff run. Definitely a weird season and hopefully by training camp everyone will have had a vaccine and things can be more normal than this season. I'd like to be able to go to a few games next season.

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Camille the Eel

Yeah the injuries in the KC line at tackle definitely had an impact.

Also Andy Reid’s clubs have historically been very undisciplined. The penalties on their D in the first half were very like what you see from his clubs. And that decision to call a time out with about 46 seconds left in the half, and Tampa in a 3D and 4, when Tampa had been moving the ball pretty well and you have Brady against you with only one time out, and Tampa is willing to go in 14 - 6 - well that was awful, it led to the Brown TD with seconds left. That too was totally on Andy Reid. Hybris leads to nemesis. Big reason they lost.

A lot of it is on Reid, I think. They were poorly prepared. They didn’t see Tampa’s adjustments from the regular season game coming. Reid got out coached. By Brady among others l o l , because at this point he’s like having a second offensive coordinator on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad