NFL GDT: 2021 NFC Divisional Round: (2) New Orleans Saints vs (5) Tampa Bay Buccaneers

NO vs TB

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Listen, I am a pro-wrestling guy. At the end of your career, you're going out on your back. That's how it goes.

Would've loved to get a Brees/Rodgers playoff game at some point, but just didn't get to happen

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Michael Thomas had 0 catches?!

did Tampa secretly trade for Jalen Ramsey/Tre'Davious White

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Phillip Rivers isnt an all time great. Brees is.
Brees has a Super Bowl win. Rivers doesn't even have a SB appearance.

Marino went to an AFC title game two other times, for 3 total. Rivers went there once.

If you want someone who's the best comparison - great QB, put up stats, never won a title - it's clearly Rivers.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
but now this sets skip up for an all or nothing prospect since he feels VERY differently about Aaron Rodgers
Yeah. He doesn't like Aaron Rodgers at all.

Skip is going to be on pins and needles all week.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
He's about 10 years older than I am, I knew I was old when Luke Kuechly retired last year and he's 3 years younger than me and was in the league for 8 seasons.

Damn, yeah I’m a little bit younger than you but that’s definitely a gut punch.

The other night I was watching the Ranger game and announcer said ‘...veteran defenseman Tony DeAngelo...’ and that shit hit me.

Reactions: HisIceness

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
All they had to do was let him drop the title to Austin in the US
That would have ruined their Wrestlemania 14 storyline though. Because then you wouldn't have had Austin winning his first title going up against D-X and Tyson.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
The killer is when you remember when you saw them drafted. A time before they were in the league. And I knew of Brees the year before his draft.

I didn't realize this until recently, but he was a 2nd round pick in 2001. The only thing I remember about the 2001 draft was Vick going #1 and LT going to the 1-15 Chargers at #5.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That would have ruined their Wrestlemania 14 storyline though. Because then you wouldn't have had Austin winning his first title going up against D-X and Tyson.
It was shitty what happened, but probably right that it did.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I didn't realize this until recently, but he was a 2nd round pick in 2001. The only thing I remember about the 2001 draft was Vick going #1 and LT going to the 1-15 Chargers at #5.
I remember thinking 'this seems dumb to make this trade' and then made more sense when Brees was picked in round 2.

Also remember the Mel Kiper graphic at the end of the previous draft as his top prospects for the following year. Was among the last times I was ever at my grandmother's.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
what a shitty way for brees to go out

sucks the stadium couldn't be packed to honor the guy who singlehandedly saved that entire franchise and took them to places they had never been before

Reactions: PanthersPens62

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
As a Saints fan, the last 15 years have been some kind of ride with Brees and Peyton together. The SuperBowl was a tremendous high for me especially considering my father had passed away the eve of the NFC Championship game versus the Vikes.

Very emotional when Hartley knocked in that game winning FG in OT to advance to the SB.

There were lows too, especially the last few seasons with the NFCG loss, Minny Miracle and last seasons OT loss. It was also unfortunate the Saints wasted a chunk of Drew’s prime years by not addressing the defensive side of the ball.

Thanks for the memories, Drew. Huge part in turning a laughingstock franchise and lifting a city that was just getting back on its feet after Hurricane Katrina. That Monday Night game, the first one back in the dome versus Atlanta when Steve Gleason blocked the punt early in the game was something you just always remember.

Going to be odd not to see him at the helm running the offense anymore. Next stop, Canton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad