NBA 2021 NBA Postseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Is Dario Saric the unofficial first member of The Process to make it to the finals?

Depends on what the qualifications are. I think he's the first process draft pick to make the finals. Mikal Bridges was also a Sixers draft pick but that wasn't the height (or depth if you prefer) of the process- and he never played for them. JaVale McGee was part of The Process in 2014-2015 but he wasn't a Sixers draft pick.

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
I know Kawhi wants to be at home in LA but it's going to be very hard for him to replicate a year like 2019 in Toronto.

I'm sure if he stays in LAC they'll continue being competitive but I feel like some people are starting to realize it's not easy at all to win the title no matter how much you try to stack up your team...what he did with the Raps that year is something the vast majority of star-level players don't get to experience at any point in their careers

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I know Kawhi wants to be at home in LA but it's going to be very hard for him to replicate a year like 2019 in Toronto.

I'm sure if he stays in LAC they'll continue being competitive but I feel like some people are starting to realize it's not easy at all to win the title no matter how much you try to stack up your team...what he did with the Raps that year is something the vast majority of star-level players don't get to experience at any point in their careers
kawhi came to toronto at the perfect time with lebron departing for LA. those cavs teams were basically the only thing keeping them from the finals for a few seasons

plus, he was an upgrade over derozan and basically put them over the top

Reactions: Reality Check

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
kawhi came to toronto at the perfect time with lebron departing for LA. those cavs teams were basically the only thing keeping them from the finals for a few seasons

Kawhi made the worst decision to go to LAC. Yes he gets to be at home and everything that comes with playing in LA but Toronto had a great team. They had good young players and solid vets.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Kawhi made the worst decision to go to LAC. Yes he gets to be at home and everything that comes with playing in LA but Toronto had a great team. They had good young players and solid vets.
i agree he would've been better off staying in toronto, but it was no secret he wanted to be in LA ever since his spurs days

i think the only way he would've stayed is if the clippers hadn't been able to land another star

Sep 19, 2008

The North has looked terrible without him

Thankfully they are drafting in the top 4

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto

Raps with Kawhi and the 2019 probably beat the Cavs (at least definitely the 2018 Cavs)

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
The North has looked terrible without him

Thankfully they are drafting in the top 4
Well it was bound to happen as Masai knew that year was his chance to go all in. Raps actually played really well in 2020 they had one of the best records in league and a franchise high winning streak and were one basket away from potentially making another finals appearance.

But yeah this past year was brutal, I'm glad they got a high pick...hopefully they won't be in this position for much longer.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Well it was bound to happen as Masai knew that year was his chance to go all in. Raps actually played really well in 2020 they had one of the best records in league and a franchise high winning streak and were one basket away from potentially making another finals appearance.

But yeah this past year was brutal, I'm glad they got a high pick...hopefully they won't be in this position for much longer.
In 2020 the Raptors really missed Kawhi. They make the finals if he stayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad