NBA 2021 NBA Postseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
One thing I always think about in moments like these is that the shirts and hats, etc. are pre-made, but the apparel of the team that ultimately doesn't win generally gets donated to needy children outside of North America or so. So, somewhere out there, there's a kid who's wearing a shirt that says something like "Dallas Stars 2020 Stanley Cup Champions" and there are soon to be some kids wearing shirts that say "2021 LA Clippers NBA Finals" or some such.

Never knew about that. Pretty cool actually.

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
If we're playing the "oh so and so only won because of x, y and z" game we can do that for basically every team that's ever won lmao

- Lakers only won because the Clippers choked and Miami was a weak finals opponent
- Raptors only won because of GSW's injuries
- Warriors only won because of injuries to Kawhi and CP3 on top of having Kevin Durant to become the avengers
- Cavs only won because of Draymond's suspension, Curry not being 100%, and the West being much tougher
- Warriors only won because of CLE's injuries
- Spurs won because Wade was semi-ailing/played like shit
- Heat won b2b because of Ray Allen saving their asses and OKC being too young/BOS being too old
- Dallas won because Miami choked it all away handing it to Mavs
- Lakers won b2b because of injuries to KG, Perkins, Yao, and T-Mac

The list can go on :laugh:

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
One thing I always think about in moments like these is that the shirts and hats, etc. are pre-made, but the apparel of the team that ultimately doesn't win generally gets donated to needy children outside of North America or so. So, somewhere out there, there's a kid who's wearing a shirt that says something like "Dallas Stars 2020 Stanley Cup Champions" and there are soon to be some kids wearing shirts that say "2021 LA Clippers NBA Finals" or some such.

Never knew about that. Pretty cool actually.

Yeah the Bears SB Champion gear ended up in Africa after Bears lost SB

kenny_leahmissbachday-worldvision.jpg

:(

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
AD out
Lebron hurt
Murray out
Barton out
Kawhi out
Ibaka out

Good on the Suns but it’s not like they haven’t been blessed by the injury gods to other teams.
yeah, every team they've played so far has been missing a star. and they've been healthy all playoffs aside from the two games paul missed

and in the finals they'll be facing a team with a star playing hurt. they're a good team, but they have had incredible luck so far in this shitshow of a playoffs

Reactions: Stylizer1

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
with the clippers loss, that crazy "shaq or shaq teammate in the finals" streak has finally come to an end after 37 years

this will be the first finals since '84 in which someone who played with shaq or shaq himself won't appear in the finals. danny green kept it alive in '19 and last season (with lebron)

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
If we're playing the "oh so and so only won because of x, y and z" game we can do that for basically every team that's ever won lmao

Lakers only won because the Clippers choked and Miami was a weak finals opponent
Raptors only won because of GSW's injuries
Warriors only won because they had Kevin Durant and became the avengers
Cavs only won because Draymond's suspension, Curry not being 100%, and the West being much tougher
Warriors only won because of CLE's injuries
Spurs won because Wade was semi-ailing/played like shit

Heat won b2b because of Ray Allen saving their asses and OKC being too young/BOS being too old
Dallas won because Miami choked it all away handing it to Mavs
Lakers won b2b because of injuries to KG, Perkins, Yao, and T-Mac

The list can go on :laugh:
Pretty accurate.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
How many did he miss though? 2?
He played through a pretty bad injury as well:

“He injured his shoulder in the Suns' opening playoff game against the Los Angeles Lakers, and even after his return was visibly limited when dribbling and shooting. After the Suns swept the Nuggets to reach the conference finals, Paul was forced to miss the first two games of the Clippers series after a positive COVID-19 test.”

How many did LeBron and AD miss? You always have to deal with injuries.

Last edited:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Okay after digesting this loss a bit, I’m still upset but less so. Kawhi being out was huge as well as Zubac missing last game. If the Clippers can dump Bev and bring back Kawhi, Batum, Reggie, and Serge they still have a really solid base

Reggie/Rondo/Yogi
George/Kennard
Kawhi/Mann
Morris/Batum
Zubac/Serge/Cousins

Obviously there’s room for improvement here still but it’s still a great roster.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Okay after digesting this loss a bit, I’m still upset but less so. Kawhi being out was huge as well as Zubac missing last game. If the Clippers can dump Bev and bring back Kawhi, Batum, Reggie, and Serge they still have a really solid base

Reggie/Rondo/Yogi
George/Kennard
Kawhi/Mann
Morris/Batum
Zubac/Serge/Cousins

Obviously there’s room for improvement here still but it’s still a great roster.
why did rondo fall out of the rotation? seems like he didn't play at all in the suns series?

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
why did rondo fall out of the rotation? seems like he didn't play at all in the suns series?
I think it was mostly because while they played small ball they didn’t want to play TOO small ball and they obviously couldn’t take out Reggie and while Rondo is definitely a better offensive player than Bev, I’d say Bev is probably a better defensive player and has more versatility defensively. They were switching a lot on defense so having someone who can guard 1-3 and not be a liability against bigger guys was important.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I think it was mostly because while they played small ball they didn’t want to play TOO small ball and they obviously couldn’t take out Reggie and while Rondo is definitely a better offensive player than Bev, I’d say Bev is probably a better defensive player and has more versatility defensively. They were switching a lot on defense so having someone who can guard 1-3 and not be a liability against bigger guys was important.
makes sense. i think zubac going down was a blessing in disguise

allowed them to play small ball and they matched up far better against the suns that way

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
makes sense. i think zubac going down was a blessing in disguise

allowed them to play small ball and they matched up far better against the suns that way
Yes and no. I agree to an extent but Zubac is actually a really good complimentary C. Guy isn’t going to be making 3s or anything like an Embiid or Jokic but his defense is good and he runs the floor. I think the Clippers got their starting C until he asks to leave in him. Ayton was the biggest issue this series (obviously Paul was really good but the Clippers had SOME answers for him). For Ayton they had to use Cousins and while Cousins is actually not bad at all, he’s not as long as Zubac and so doesn’t disrupt shots as much. Paul’s little short midrange shots around the free throw line and just inside the free throw line went very uncontested with the small ball lineup. Now I’m not saying Zubac would have done much if anything at all, but with a player like Zubac is how you disrupt those. Paul is going to get by whatever guard is defending him and pull up for those shots, especially with a Beverly or Jackson guarding him. If you can’t have a Batum, George, Kawhi, Mann (long and fast defenders), then you gotta bring your C up to block that. Cousins can’t do that as well as Zubac.

Reactions: Terry Yake
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad