NBA 2021 NBA Postseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
On one hand, **** the Clippers. Unlikable dipshits. Especially Beverely. What happened to the next 5 years being yours, you little bitch?

On the other hand, credit where it's due. The Clippers were banged up to hell and made a hell of a run. Went about as far as they could given the injury list they've piled up.

They'll be back. Ty Lue has proven he's very much a legit coach, the band comes back healthy next year and they've got a shot.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Hard to see the Suns not winning the title here.

The Hawks are no match. Yes i know they've had a great run but they've gotten a couple major breaks (Philly choking, Giannis potentially being done for the remainder of the ECF) and the Bucks will likely have to face them without Giannis since most opinions is at best the injury he suffered last night is similar to what kept Kawhi out for the rest of the playoffs.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
All the credit in the world to CP3, he started strong in the first half of the previous two games then faded in the second half.

He had a dominating second half in this game that never gave the Clippers a real chance to recover.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Even if Giannis comes back, he is going be gimped.

I am not sure I would favor the Bucks if he was healthy either. Suns seem on a mission. That performance last night by the Bucks before Giannis got hurt was pathetic.
Each round, the Bucks have had some really uninspiring games that made you question whether they were contenders.

What a ridiculous playoffs - Suns should win finals and that comes down them being healthier than other teams (and even then - huge credit to the suns for winning the two games when cp3 was out with covid).

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Each round, the Bucks have had some really uninspiring games that made you question whether they were contenders.

What a ridiculous playoffs - Suns should win finals and that comes down them being healthier than other teams (and even then - huge credit to the suns for winning the two games when cp3 was out with covid).

They just don't play smart enough consistently for me to favor them.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
One thing I always think about in moments like these is that the shirts and hats, etc. are pre-made, but the apparel of the team that ultimately doesn't win generally gets donated to needy children outside of North America or so. So, somewhere out there, there's a kid who's wearing a shirt that says something like "Dallas Stars 2020 Stanley Cup Champions" and there are soon to be some kids wearing shirts that say "2021 LA Clippers NBA Finals" or some such.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
1st overall pick Deandre Ayton is unlikely to ever be viewed as the best player from the 2018 draft, and might not even end up top 3-5 when we look back.

But this Suns team can’t function the way they do without Ayton. One long athletic center in the middle surrounded by guards and small forwards with 3 point range.

Last edited:

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
One thing I always think about in moments like these is that the shirts and hats, etc. are pre-made, but the apparel of the team that ultimately doesn't win generally gets donated to needy children outside of North America or so. So, somewhere out there, there's a kid who's wearing a shirt that says something like "Dallas Stars 2020 Stanley Cup Champions" and there are soon to be some kids wearing shirts that say "2021 LA Clippers NBA Finals" or some such.

SportsCenter once did a feature about this when the Patriots flirted with 19-0. Their shirts became uniforms for a youth soccer team in Africa that crazy enough went 19-0 in their league play.

Reactions: Summer Rose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad