HF Habs: 2021 Montreal Canadiens Training Camp (Roster & Schedule - Camp Starts January 3rd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Can't believe Julien is still at the helm of this squad after last year. I thought we were done with him, sigh.

Also I can't believe that after the success the team has had when breaking up TT-PD-BG were back to it... Sigh even harder.

My excitement for this season went from 100-0 real, real quick. It was at 110% after the POs, then it went down with the Edmundson signing, went down again with the Julien staying, now its dead. Fully expect this team to finish just above Ottawa.

Predicting negative outcomes are the cheapest thing you can do. You have a right to post stuff like this but we have a right to disagree with you.

* Danault's line with Tatar and Gallaher is one of the best 5/5 lines in hockey. And you want to change it? :huh:. I told you over and over again, the goal will be to keep that line in place and find better wingers for Suzuki and KK. You are still in denial. We will see if we finish just above the Sens. If we do, That's not because of the Danault line bud. Would be funny if the Sens finish 5th and the Habs 4th. I'm going on a hunch and I will say the Sens do not finish last. Now that's a bold statement

* Suzuki gets Drouin and Anderson which is a better line. Drouin will be on a short leash with Suuzki and needs to do what he did in the playoffs to stay on it. You don't trust Julien but your wrong. Plain and simple. You think this is some Therrien/DD love narrative and your stuck on it.

* KK gets better wingers. Who? Probably Toffoli and one of Perry or Armia. It's much better than what he got at age 18 and 19.

* I'm honestly not a huge fan of Julien but I respect him and I understand his strategy. You like like to think you would be a better coach than him as a armchair coach fan :laugh:

Last edited:

_habsfan9

Nov 26, 2005
Looks like Jacques Plante

135369655_3912640225427110_3995688077976587589_n.jpg

Nah , Its the Rocket forsure

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Predicting negative outcomes are the cheapest thing you can do. You have a right to post stuff like this but we have a right to disagree with you.

* Danault's line with Tatar and Gallaher is one of the best 5/5 lines in hockey. And you want to change it? :huh:. I told you over and over again, the goal will be to keep that line in place and find better wingers for Suzuki and KK. You are still in denial. We will see if we finish just above the Sens. If we do, That's not because of the Danault line bud. Would be funny if the Sens finish 5th and the Habs 4th. I'm going on a hunch and I will say the Sens do not finish last. Now that's a bold statement

* Suzuki gets Drouin and Anderson which is a better line. Drouin will be on a short leash with Suuzki and needs to do what he did in the playoffs to stay on it. You don't trust Julien but your wrong. Plain and simple. You think this is some Therrien/DD love narrative and your stuck on it.

* KK gets better wingers. Who? Probably Toffoli and one of Perry or Armia. It's much better than what he got at age 18 and 19.

* I'm honestly not a huge fan of Julien but I respect him and I understand his strategy. You like like to think you would be a better coach than him as a armchair coach fan :laugh:

The bolded is wrong and Im not debating this anymore, its been three years of it already.

Julien hasn't done a single thing right since he came over and he's a bad coach, plain and simple. You trust Julien because you are a blind cheerleader, always were, its fine, doesn't mean youre right or wrong, but you can't fault me for not being one.

KK gets Toffoli whos slightly better but Armia is the same shit as he always was, a fourth line forward with very very limited hockey IQ, something weve seen time and time again that does not work with KK.

I don't think Drouin is a DD/therrien story, Julien clearly hates him. The DD/Therrien story is with Danault, manipulation the whole roster just to have a center break 50 points is not a strategy to win, its a strategy to lose.

The last part is an appeal to autorithy and everybody knows whats up.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The bolded is wrong and Im not debating this anymore, its been three years of it already.

Julien hasn't done a single thing right since he came over and he's a bad coach, plain and simple. You trust Julien because you are a blind cheerleader, always were, its fine, doesn't mean youre right or wrong, but you can't fault me for not being one.

KK gets Toffoli whos slightly better but Armia is the same shit as he always was, a fourth line forward with very very limited hockey IQ, something weve seen time and time again that does not work with KK.

I don't think Drouin is a DD/therrien story, Julien clearly hates him. The DD/Therrien story is with Danault, manipulation the whole roster just to have a center break 50 points is not a strategy to win, its a strategy to lose.

The results don't lie.............CJ is no longer a good coach....he hasn't been for years, ask Bruins fans. Can he change? I hope he is on a short short leash.

Reactions: Runner77

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
The results don't lie.............CJ is no longer a good coach....he hasn't been for years, ask Bruins fans. Can he change? I hope he is on a short short leash.

Well... Molson JUST finished paying Therrien's salary. They signed Julien to a ridiculous amount and knowing Geoff-boy he is unlikely to can Julien just so that he can enjoy retirement while still collecting paycheck. Clod's here to stay until end of his contract. Btw, when is it? And is there a better candidate who parler francais?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

1) You clearly wanna dissolve the Danault line and you think you know more than Julien as a NHL coach. It's comical. There is nothing wrong about it other than your constant complaining about Tatar / Danault / Gallagher who has proven to be one of the best 5/5 lines in hockey :laugh:. I honestly don't think you know that much about coaching and the match-up game while Suzuk is 21 and KK is 20. Julien is mentoring and monitoring KK just like the Blues with Thomas. It's not some wild coaching approach. You want us to try to roll with an all star approach going up against some of those top heavy teams where you don't care where those young players play. Good luck with that

2) Kotkaniemi gets better wingers. You tried to use the Toffoli vs Armia narrative but a the end of the day, he gets better wingers than his age 18 and 19 seasons (No matter how you spin it). And KK will get more PP time vs Danault this season if he is ready for it. NHL is not a development league but there are things teams do to shelter young players while they mature. KK got more PP time vs Danault in the playoffs. It's up to KK to perform or he is moved off the PP. It's not complicated

3) Julien clearly hates Drouin? :laugh:. You can't be farther from the truth on that. Julien is on his back about assignments and maturity and that's his job! Julien does not look at production like you do, he looks at the assignments and puck decision making. Drouin was making some bad passes in his own end and I have no doubt in my mind that Julien and the coaching staff is working with him on that. Domi was too stubborn to listen. Drouin at least listens and I do see adjustments but it's been a painful process. I have been saying it for a while now with Drouin... talent needs to play with talent and he's late on the maturity scale.

Last edited:

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
Expect big things from KK - Toffoli

Julien: Sa que KK cest un bon kid mais on va le mettre sa 3e pi couper notre bench en fin de periode, c'est comme ca quon apprend dans la ligue

Can't find an accurate translation for this... he will play at the end of games or not?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Good. People forget but a healthy Byron is still an important part of the squad, we still need depth.
The good thing is Weal will play in the AHL, he's buried there now. I still have some PTSD of watching him and Cousins on the PP.

All Byron has proven is that he's an important part of a squad that either can't make the playoffs or easily gets bounced in the first round. That's it.

He's a good player. But 3.5M is too much salary cap spent on what he brings, since we need that 3.5M for other needs. I still suspect our downfall this year will be a lack of offense. I hope I'm wrong. But that's what it seems like. Again, I hope I'm proven wrong and we have enough.

But, for example, if we replaced Byron with Granlund, I'd be much happier with a bottom six of
Granlund-KK-Toffoli
Lehkonen-Evans-Armia

than
Toffoli-KK-Armia
Byron-Evans-Lehkonen

But we'll see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad