HF Habs: 2021 Montreal Canadiens Training Camp (Roster & Schedule - Camp Starts January 3rd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Dunning Kruger in full effect

Using appeals to authority on something that isn't a science isn't much better.

Other than his experience, did Julien take a university coaching class? Psych class? Has a university diploma in coaching?

Nope, he's an ex-player turned coach.

His experience sure is an advantage, but since there's zero science, nor actual educational model behind Julien's ways, the Dunning Kruger use is laughable. Julien's theories on hockey are anecdotal and not something that has been technically tested to produce the best outcomes.

Same thing with Bergevin. You compare Bergevin to succesful managers and you can see he's really set on a few ways that are his own and not something based on a learned model.

Last edited:
Reactions: habsfan891

LePenseur

Nov 5, 2016
To me the question on “who to wave for first game” need to also have a real salary status. Who loose what?
Byron: Ego get hurt, feel like he is owed some respect.
Evans: get a 70% paycut for each day sent down, not fun.

first I see, someone will be slightly hurt and put on IR.

Second I see Byron been sent for 1 game, if someone take his salary off I say thank you but would still miss him, he still bring plenty of positive, just overpaid.

third yes Evans down and a bad 4th line on opening day.

In any case I would papersend all waver exempted player with one way contract down between games. KK, Suzuki, Romanov to create some space for a deadline pickup

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Using appeals to authority on something that isn't a science isn't much better.

Other than his experience, did Julien take a university coaching class? Psych class? Has a university diploma in coaching?

Nope, he's an ex-player turned coach.

His experience sure is an advantage, but since there's zero science, nor actual educational model behind Julien's ways, the Dunning Kruger use is laughable. Julien's theories on hockey are anecdotal and not something that has been technically tested to produce the best outcomes.

Same thing with Bergevin. You compare Bergevin to succesful managers and you can see he's really set on a few ways that are his own and not something based on a learned model.

First off, Dunning Kruger Effect was being referred to Mrb1p not Claude Julien when he said that he knew better than professionals and then proceeded to explain why with explanations that made it clear he didn't know better.

Secondly, his results have been technically tested. He has the Stanley Cup ring to prove it. He's also got multiple millions of dollars and the respect of this peers and players to show for it. He also has a Jack Adams award but that doesn't mean much.

Comparing that to posters who feel they can do better. Well yeah, it's a pretty clear cut advantage to the professional. Coaching is a lot more than picking lines and pulling goalies and setting players, anyone who's played for any length of time can see that. Not fulling understanding enough to realize why you can't walk behind the bench and instantly be a good coach is exactly Dunning Kruger.

Reactions: ForeverHabs97
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad