GDT: 2021 Kraken Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I think you take a flyer on Raty.
He's a heavy forward, and if Ron wants to keep the trend of being a big team, he should do it... provide him a consistent environment, time to develop and he might turn into something promising.

Otherwise -- I think it'll be Stankoven or Pinelli

Team took Ryker Evans.

jbron

Apr 27, 2014
West Coast
Pick way off the board. Really have a hard time with this selection for the following reasons.
1. Overaged prospect.
2. Could have got him much later. Did RF even look to trade down?
3. Left some good talent on the board and with a high number 2 to reach like that for Ryker Evans is head scratching.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Well, I think there will be many headscratchers in this draft.

Detroit just traded up to take Shai Buium :whaaa?:
Yeah. I am thinking because of COVID travel restrictions, there were a lot of scouting staff's that were restricted to certain regions and focused in that area. My main dislike in the pick is the age but looking at his elite prospects profile, he is excellent at zone exits. My guess is this was one of the advanced stats influenced picks.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
The draft will be one of the better judges in the type of players GMRF and the scouting team is looking for. No doubt Ryker's drafting was related to how good is advanced stats look.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I am pretty sure that most drafting boards won't match what GMRF is looking at unless they emphasize on advanced stats.

Will be interesting to see as the draft goes deeper, as to what kind of pattern (if any) emerges.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Another red flag. My, there have been a lot of them lately.

Ranked #67 by ELITEPROSPECTS.COM
Ranked #109 by FCHOCKEY
Ranked #138 by MCKEEN'S HOCKEY
Ranked #192 by NHL CENTRAL SCOUTING (NA Skaters)

Why the hell not trade down or just be patient as Francis could have probably grabbed him in the third or fourth round if he wanted him that badly?

Teams do this all the time. They reach if there is a player they are high on and are not sure if he will make it till their next pick. Also, teams don't really care about rankings and lists outside of their own. If they think a player is worth a specific spot, they will pick him.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Pick way off the board. Really have a hard time with this selection for the following reasons.
1. Overaged prospect.
2. Could have got him much later. Did RF even look to trade down?
3. Left some good talent on the board and with a high number 2 to reach like that for Ryker Evans is head scratching.
The Rangers once drafted Dylan McIlrath ahead of Tarasenko and Fowler.

Also the legendary 2003 draft (filled with a lot of HOFers, possibly the GOAT draft ever) the Rangers drafted Hugh Jessiman.

So, yeah, I can relate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad