Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Nay

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Albi

Nov 24, 2004
Claro - Switzerland
The 2018-19 season has come to an end, and The Champ has reclaimed his crown. Thanks for all who participated, and those who lost interest two weeks into the season ;)

Having only one Kings player on my roster (Drew Doughty) is why my team was able to triumph. Let's do this again in September.
Congrats Buddy!
Next year I hope to not miss the draft again...LOL
And of course dethrone you

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I guess this would be a good start to take a roll call of who is returning, and if some GMs drop, who is interested in joining.

We had a few teams become inactive, so if those guys aren't interested in assuming a team, we'll need some new GMs to step in.

Reactions: BringTheReign

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
@Ziggy Stardust, I'd love to claim an open spot! I've spent years trying to convince the fantasy football league I've been in for 7 years to let me organize a hockey league but never have enough interest.

As a result, I haven't played fantasy hockey in a few years, but I promise I'm a committed fantasy owner regardless of the sport haha.

Reactions: Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Since we have the roll call underway, let's also help identify ourselves by listing our team names.

The Champs are back.

Additionally, I've added a poll to determine whether or not we should do away with penalty minutes. Seeing how penalty minutes aren't really a positive in hockey, I lean towards getting rid of it. What say the rest of you?

Tikkanen was also surveying returning GMs whether or not we should go with a keeper league. I personally enjoy drafting a new team every season, but we can see what the majority thinks and if we should start going with keepers with the rosters we have or after the draft.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
If you guys can have committed owners, keeper league is the way to go.

I run a 15 team keeper and it’s really fun. We trade draft picks as well which adds to the interest so even if your out of the running your still looking to build the roster for the future, it keeps guys interested.

You should ditch PIMS. I never understood why this stat should be rewarded.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I'm doing a roll call to see how many GMs are returning. Those who don't respond within the week I'm going to assume aren't interested (or aren't paying attention, which is a problem most fantasy leagues tend to run into).

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Ship of Fools, ready to sail.

I think keeping PIMs is the way to go. It adds a little strategy. Larger pool of players to pick from. It is a negative in real life, but we're talking fantasy. Not the fantasy PIMs are what they used to be. Not many Keith Tkachuk's around anymore. I can go either way though.

If there are a couple new GMs, then I'd say go with a completely new draft. Wouldn't be fair to close off players in that case. I like new drafts anyway.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I vote to keep PIM's too. I think the stats for a banger league - Hits, blocks, pim's adds an element to the league so you cant draft all figure skaters.

-Fighting Sioux

Hits and blocks certainly aren't going anywhere as we'll retain those. My thinking is having a guy who's sole purpose is to take PIMs is a waste of a roster spot (not that there are many of those around either), and since we don't do any negative stats that penalize teams, it seems to make sense just not to reward PIMs.

As KingsFan7824 pointed out, gone are the days of the power forwards who can give you goals and PIMs like a Tkachuk or Iginla or Tocchet. Yahoo also don't have any option for fighting majors as a stat, and I would prefer that over just PIMs.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
@Legionnaire, guessing your team is Connor & Company?

Thus far I haven't heard anything yet from the following teams:
Bone-r Time
Hattrick Swayze
King's Privateers
Taco Corp

Coincidentally, they all happen to be the teams who finished in the bottom four :skeptic:

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Hits and blocks certainly aren't going anywhere as we'll retain those. My thinking is having a guy who's sole purpose is to take PIMs is a waste of a roster spot (not that there are many of those around either), and since we don't do any negative stats that penalize teams, it seems to make sense just not to reward PIMs.

As KingsFan7824 pointed out, gone are the days of the power forwards who can give you goals and PIMs like a Tkachuk or Iginla or Tocchet. Yahoo also don't have any option for fighting majors as a stat, and I would prefer that over just PIMs.

PIMS has always been an odd fantasy stat IMO and we have enough different stat categories.

As I posted in the league I am game for 2 or 3 keepers

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln