Injury Report: 2021 Injury Thread - Part II

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Apologies if it's been posted already. Does anyone have an update on Erik Johnson? Is he coming back for the playoffs or is he out the remainder of the year?

Bednar didn't rule him out for the playoffs like Francouz. But it doesn't sound like he's close.

My guess/hope is he might come back in the 3rd or 4th round, or possibly earlier if they have injuries and they're facing elimination.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
I'm very annoyed with how little has been said about Byram. Hasn't played since March 25th, and we seem to know less every day.

I'm at the point now where I'm not sure we see him again this year. He's got 19 NHL games, and he hasn't played in 2 months.

Reactions: DallasGaume

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
I'm very annoyed with how little has been said about Byram. Hasn't played since March 25th, and we seem to know less every day.

I'm at the point now where I'm not sure we see him again this year. He's got 19 NHL games, and he hasn't played in 2 months.

expect him back next season

LostInMosEisley

A wretched hive of scum and villany
Aug 18, 2020
Professional sports leagues being in bed with gambling organizations is highly distasteful

It's been jarring how quickly sports operating in a pandemic has kicked this door open. It's probably going to be this open for good now. Seems like something we'll be unpacking the consequences of for a while.

But on the bright side it might legit force the Avs to be more forthcoming about injuries.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Is the NHL paid by the gambling sites? If not, I don't see why they get forced to do anything.

They'd be forced to if they want the advertising revenue.

You can't have some teams that are very transparent, and then teams like the Avs who won't even release the starting lineup before a few minutes before the game, and never give injury specifics, and even seem to intentionally mislead the public about injuries.

How you gonna gamble on whether a team will win and by how much, if you don't even know the starting lineup? Or bet on who will win the Cup if you don't have any idea who'll be healthy.

Reactions: Balthazar

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Heard today that the NHL might be forced by gambling sites to be transparent with injuries and it could happen soon. They'd have to disclose what it is and for how long the player is expected to be out.

Apparently they do it to other professional leagues as well. Reason is they don't want some people to have informations that others don't have. Makes a lot of sense.

Edit:

“All these gambling sites are eventually just going to tell them ‘Those days are done, my friends.’ That’s just not going to fly in that world. I think it will evolve fairly quickly – that there’s going to be a lot more roster and injury disclosure. Now, just how specific will they have to get with the injuries? That part, I don’t know. But I would have to think that the term would have to be a lot more specific.”

Why the NHL's foray into sports betting may finally mean more specific injury disclosure
Good, it's about time the NHL caught up to other leagues and moved out of the stone ages.

The NFL is so incredibly transparent with their injuries, it's night and day compared to the NHL. The teams are forced to release their injury reports every single week and detail exactly what is ailing the player, not just "upper body" or "lower body". If a player has a stubbed toe, you know about it.

The NHL needs to move in this direction. I don't care about it from a gambling perspective (although that's why it's happening), I care about it from a fan perspective.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Shit. He blocked a shot near the end of the second and went off immediately. He did the intermission interview with Lauren so I didn’t think anything of it but...dammit.
I didn’t see that. He got an assist on his last shift and skated off fine. Didn’t take a hit or block a shot. See 3 minutes left in the 2nd for his last shift of the game.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
160C4E94-A6D4-4920-A385-213C24F8D2D9.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad