Injury Report: 2021 Injury Thread - Part II

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I mean if he did the interview with Lauren in the 2nd it's definitely not serious. Was probably just swollen in a 5-1 game so they played it safe.

Also just thankful it has nothing to do with his brain.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Heard today that the NHL might be forced by gambling sites to be transparent with injuries and it could happen soon. They'd have to disclose what it is and for how long the player is expected to be out.

Apparently they do it to other professional leagues as well. Reason is they don't want some people to have informations that others don't have. Makes a lot of sense.

Edit:

“All these gambling sites are eventually just going to tell them ‘Those days are done, my friends.’ That’s just not going to fly in that world. I think it will evolve fairly quickly – that there’s going to be a lot more roster and injury disclosure. Now, just how specific will they have to get with the injuries? That part, I don’t know. But I would have to think that the term would have to be a lot more specific.”

Why the NHL's foray into sports betting may finally mean more specific injury disclosure

Pretty sure that was a big talking point in the late great Tony Scott's Bruce Willis/Damon Wayans buddy film noir football classic The Last Boy Scout. Oh Halle Berry does Halle Berry things and looks nice in the process.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
He's back but with a post-concussion tinted visor so his UBI probably wasn't a shoulder but indeed a concussion.

Earlier this year:
EeCDTBD.png

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Hate to see it, hopefully he’s feeling back to 100%, but playoffs might be the worst time for him to come back. Wishing him the best.

Keep him out if that's the case, it's not worth it

Agree that he shouldn't play this year.

Recap: He's got an UBI shortly after his fight...missed a bunch of games..came back, got hit hard in the Vegas game = UBI again and completely disappeared for a couple of months.

Now he reappears with that visor.

If he missed all that time because of a concussion that's pretty damn bad. Rest him until next season.

It f***ing sucks because the kid had no fear and now he'll have to change his game. f*** this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad