Injury Report: 2021 Injury Thread - Part II

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Well that is a let down...I was hoping for Mack to catch up with McDavid for the scoring race...

On a serious note, it sucks that he is out because I think we need to win out to secure home ice for the playoffs as Vegas will most likely win their last game. However I think tonight's roster can still achieve that against LA. It would have just be easier with Mack. On the other hand this is much needed rest for him. Get well fast Mack.

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
Well that is a let down...I was hoping for Mack to catch up with McDavid for the scoring race...

On a serious note, it sucks that he is out because I think we need to win out to secure home ice for the playoffs as Vegas will most likely win their last game. However I think tonight's roster can still achieve that against LA. It would have just be easier with Mack. On the other hand this is much needed rest for him. Get well fast Mack.

If we get the Mackinnon from last game, I would rather he sit out and rest up for the playoffs.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Should definitely be worried about the way he looked skating but hopefully it’s a very minor strain

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Mack will likely be fine for playoffs. Bednar has said all year that he’s resting guys that have minor nagging injuries. I think the only reason he played last game is because the Avs are within spitting distance of first in the division and it was a big game against Vegas.

avs1dacup

Jan 25, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site
Mack will likely be fine for playoffs. Bednar has said all year that he’s resting guys that have minor nagging injuries. I think the only reason he played last game is because the Avs are within spitting distance of first in the division and it was a big game against Vegas.

He didn't look fine Monday. The extra couple days rest will help, but he's going to have to try and play through whatever is bothering him in the playoffs.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Maybe you need something else than skating to defend ?

Let’s not compare G to Nemeth please. That’s exactly the reason why they sit MacDo when G comes back
There is no reason for that washed up never-was to be in over MacD. Bednar is either blind or over values the whole "Veteran leadership" bull shit that coaches love to go on about. He's a burden to our team and will cost us goals. Hopefully the rest of the team can make up for it.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I have a feeling Mackinnon lied his way into playing on Monday. He was clearly not fine. He couldn't skate at all. Rantanen looked just as injured on Monday but apparently nothing wrong with him.

MillerTime2181

Nov 3, 2010
Apologies if it's been posted already. Does anyone have an update on Erik Johnson? Is he coming back for the playoffs or is he out the remainder of the year?

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Apologies if it's been posted already. Does anyone have an update on Erik Johnson? Is he coming back for the playoffs or is he out the remainder of the year?
If the Avs make it to the conference that's probably the earliest the we see him. Just a guess. Not sure it would be right to throw him into a conference finals given that he hasn't played a game in months.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Heard today that the NHL might be forced by gambling sites to be transparent with injuries and it could happen soon. They'd have to disclose what it is and for how long the player is expected to be out.

Apparently they do it to other professional leagues as well. Reason is they don't want some people to have informations that others don't have. Makes a lot of sense.

Edit:

“All these gambling sites are eventually just going to tell them ‘Those days are done, my friends.’ That’s just not going to fly in that world. I think it will evolve fairly quickly – that there’s going to be a lot more roster and injury disclosure. Now, just how specific will they have to get with the injuries? That part, I don’t know. But I would have to think that the term would have to be a lot more specific.”

Why the NHL's foray into sports betting may finally mean more specific injury disclosure

Last edited:
Reactions: klozge

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Heard today that the NHL might be forced by gambling sites to be transparent with injuries and it could happen soon. They'd have to disclose what it is and for how long the player is expected to be out.

Apparently they do it to other professional leagues as well. Reason is they don't want some people to have informations that others don't have. Makes a lot of sense.

Edit:

“All these gambling sites are eventually just going to tell them ‘Those days are done, my friends.’ That’s just not going to fly in that world. I think it will evolve fairly quickly – that there’s going to be a lot more roster and injury disclosure. Now, just how specific will they have to get with the injuries? That part, I don’t know. But I would have to think that the term would have to be a lot more specific.”

Why the NHL's foray into sports betting may finally mean more specific injury disclosure

Is the NHL paid by the gambling sites? If not, I don't see why they get forced to do anything.

Reactions: LTC Pain

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad