Red Sox/MLB 2021 Hot Stove III - Jackie Bradley Jr. Signs w/ Brewers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Gammons: Jarren Duran could be the firestarter for next generation of Red Sox

Right now, the plan is to have Alex Verdugo in center and a lot of Hunter Renfroe in right. Verdugo played all the angles of that right field exceptionally in the 60-game season, so if, in time, Duran is in center and Verdugo goes back to the corner, it may work out well.
Prospect ratings are fine, to a degree. But how a player is judged before the draft or before the major leagues isn’t as important as his long-term impact on the major league team. The Red Sox reconstruction involves a new edge, the type Dustin Pedroia brought.
It involves playing the game, as Cora likes to say, “fast.” It involves young blood. They love Triston Casas, they love Jeter Downs, they love Gilberto Jimenez and Bobby Dalbec. When it comes down to drive, though, the Navy SEAL may be the firestarter of the next generation of the Red Sox.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
It’s honestly going to be very hard for them to make a pick I don’t like at 4

that’s a mean slider

There are some names it‘s easy to get attached to.

I am absolutely excited about this draft and are already curious what they have in mind at 4.
As of right now, my mock would probably be looking this:
Tier 1a) top SP prospects: Rocker / Leiter
Tier 1b) athletic SS types and wildcard: Lawlar / Mayer / Watson /McClain
Tier 1c/2a) wildcard due to durability: Hill
Tier 2b) top power: House / Fabian

I can‘t see them not ending up with one of tier 1 a/b. Depending on Hill, this seems to be the top 6/7 guys.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
There are some names it‘s easy to get attached to.

I am absolutely excited about this draft and are already curious what they have in mind at 4.
As of right now, my mock would probably be looking this:
Tier 1a) top SP prospects: Rocker / Leiter
Tier 1b) athletic SS types and wildcard: Lawlar / Mayer / Watson /McClain
Tier 1c/2a) wildcard due to durability: Hill
Tier 2b) top power: House / Fabian

I can‘t see them not ending up with one of tier 1 a/b. Depending on Hill, this seems to be the top 6/7 guys.

I would be happy with any of those guys + Del Castillo. If they pick any of the lower tier guys like Del Castillo it’s because they’ll cut a below slot bonus for big quality later in the draft

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
I would be happy with any of those guys + Del Castillo. If they pick any of the lower tier guys like Del Castillo it’s because they’ll cut a below slot bonus for big quality later in the draft

I wouldn‘t like del Castillo at all. He does not have a position. His bat is so good that you can take him somewhere in the early teens.
And while I get the below slot bonus strategy, I want an exceptional top talent with a rare top 4 pick. MLB has become top heavy since they reformed the draft.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I wouldn‘t like del Castillo at all. He does not have a position. His bat is so good that you can take him somewhere in the early teens.
And while I get the below slot bonus strategy, I want an exceptional top talent with a rare top 4 pick. MLB has become top heavy since they reformed the draft.

he’s certainly not my first choice but I think he’s a corner OF all the way. If they pick him I’d wait and see what they do over the next couple of rounds is all I’m saying

I’d prefer the elite guy though, much like you

Reactions: DKH

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I feel like a college bat is often the smart/safe play at the top of the draft, but they've had so much trouble developing starting pitchers that my preference would be going with one of the college pitchers (Rocker/Leiter/Hill). The big hope is that the draft class doesn't end up where there's a clear cut top 3 and we miss out.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

What do you think ?

picking 4 hate taking pitchers but he’s built strong and Tommy John surgery most come back better should he ever need it

the Sox catch crap for lousy farm but next year they could have 5 guys in top 100 prospects List and jump top 12-15 organizationally a year from now

assuming they keep Bogaerts and Devers gets back on track their entire infield looks strong going forward with Casas, Downs, Dalbec etc and Hernandez

the outfield with Verdugo and prospects hopefully headed by Duran and Gilberto Jimenez, a legit star potential FA from DR

Bloom is all about collecting pitchers

Red Sox Prospects is starting to get deep to the point I’m knowing guys well into 30’s that are interesting

this could be fun

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
What do you think ?

picking 4 hate taking pitchers but he’s built strong and Tommy John surgery most come back better should he ever need it

the Sox catch crap for lousy farm but next year they could have 5 guys in top 100 prospects List and jump top 12-15 organizationally a year from now

assuming they keep Bogaerts and Devers gets back on track their entire infield looks strong going forward with Casas, Downs, Dalbec etc and Hernandez

the outfield with Verdugo and prospects hopefully headed by Duran and Gilberto Jimenez, a legit star potential FA from DR

Bloom is all about collecting pitchers

Red Sox Prospects is starting to get deep to the point I’m knowing guys well into 30’s that are interesting

this could be fun

I don’t want a pitcher, just posting every vid I see of relevant prospects I see who could be there for us :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: DKH

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Winners and losers — Red Sox not among either — in winter free agency - The Boston Globe

Domingo Germán returned to the Yankees after serving an 81-game suspension for domestic violence, one of the longest handed down by MLB. “Sometimes you don’t get to control who your teammates are,” said Zack Britton, the team’s player rep. Just release him. The Yankees should be able to win without Germán and if they can’t, is that how they want to win? …

Reactions: McGarnagle

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
Congrats to the Mariners on pissing off not one, but two top 5 prospects in baseball! That better be *former Mariners President Kevin Mather or half the team is going to ask to be traded.
His comments are sure to be used by the union to try to end the service time manipulation, as well.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
They should fire his ass for potentially rubbing JRod and Kelenic the wrong way. Can't have that. The Mariners have a chance to be an elite team for years if their prospect core hits. Why do you need to keep a mediocre CEO around to ruin it?

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
I will be the coward who doesn’t wanna read that full article so would anyone mind telling me the quotes that pissed those guys off?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I will be the coward who doesn’t wanna read that full article so would anyone mind telling me the quotes that pissed those guys off?

he more or less complained about having to hire translators for players that don’t speak English and talked about deliberately manipulating service time of their premier prospects (Which every team does, you’re just not supposed to say it out loud)

he gave the MLBPA a bunch of ammo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad