2021 Hlinka Gretzky

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I hope the Swedish team doesn't win this 3rd place game. The compete level today is unacceptable.

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
Congrats Russia. You had awesome team and before the tournament I predicted and "easy" gold for you and that happened. Like Canada U20 in 2005. I'm still proud of our players. Great tournament for us with a lot of good players. Nemec, Slafkovsky, Mesar, Dvorsky, Molnar etc. were awesome ... better than I excepted.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Russia takes the Gold as expected.

Too bad Canada wasn’t there for another tilt with Russia like at the U-18s a few months back. That was fantastic hockey watching those two play each other as usual.

I figured this Russian team would win Gold, they have a good crop of players in this age group.

Also, good for the Slovaks for making it to the finals. Glad to see them have some success given the location of the tournament. Good group for them as well it appears this year.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Not very good tournament for Michkov, and he's still won the scoring title.

Well, he’s arguably the best European prospect we’ve seen possibly ever or at least since Ovi so not shocking.

Generational talents just find ways to produce in any situation they’re put in.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Well, he’s arguably the best European prospect we’ve seen possibly ever or at least since Ovi so not shocking.

I'm going to be controversial now, but calling Michkov generational is extremely premature.

Reactions: Svedu and MarVell

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Congratulations to Slovakia for a great, breakthrough tournament! Also, congratulations to Coach Filatov and Team Russia for an undefeated tournament. When you average 7 goals a game, as Russia did, it makes it tough for an opponent to beat you. I had hoped that Filatov would be named the coach of the U20 team last year, but the Federation decided to pick an "icon" instead.

Reactions: BMann

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
What Michkov is doing in Russia compares to only one player before him; Alexander Ovechkin. Debatably the greatest goal scorer the NHL has ever seen.

Your statement can be turned right around onto you and Dvorsky and how he is getting overhyped two years before his draft after one strong showing at the hlinka

No it can't, because I´m stating that it could become more even than we think. Even if ´m favoring Dvorsky, my point is the fact that it's absurd to believe it's a done deal two years before the actual draft.
Even if I thought Dahlin always was a bit hyped and that little brother Svechnikov actually was the bigger talent he got picked after Dahlin.
Same thing with Nolan Patrick, he was a sure first pick from like 2-3 years prior draft just to lose it the last year to Hischier and rightfully so.

Last edited:

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
As a Finnish fan I hope Sweden wins this game just because I'm certain Slovakia would defeat us in a semifinal. They have some impressing elite talent this year and I prefer being an underdog because this Finnish roster is decent but nothing more than that.
Neither has Marttila as a coach impressed me. The defense looks out of position when he leads our young lions.
I´m missing Jesse Nurmi...
I know we have known talents in Hokkanen, Rönni etc. But it seems like Kemell is the only one with that special finesse.

Give us Sweden please.

Well, wasn't I right from the get go? 2004 born players don't seem to be the best we've had, rather the opposite. Kemell is the only one worth mentioning for now.
Russia, Canada and Slovakia are a lot better than others and I´m sure Slovakia can beat the best US roster if it's between players born 2004.
Sweden have better depth as well. Very clear and easy to spot.
I would actually say that Finland is on fifth or sixth place with the US and Czech Republic.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019

Michkov is a huge talent but I don't think he will reach Ovechkins level or numbers in his career.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Well, wasn't I right from the get go? 2004 born players don't seem to be the best we've had, rather the opposite. Kemell is the only one worth mentioning for now.
Russia, Canada and Slovakia are a lot better than others and I´m sure Slovakia can beat the best US roster if it's between players born 2004.
Sweden have better depth as well. Very clear and easy to spot.
I would actually say that Finland is on fifth or sixth place with the US and Czech Republic.

You are easily underrating the US team of 04s . They are easily with the other top Nations . Very strong age group

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad