2021 HF Offseason Fantasy Draft: Discussion & Pre-Draft (part 1)

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Cavani​
Dembele———————Bernardo Silva
Fernandes
Pedri——————Fabian
Guerreiro Botman Fofana Cancelo
Sommer​

Malen, Hlozek, Trincao, Cherki, Riqui, Gravenberch, Busquets, Sangare, Romero, Araujo, Todibo, Militao, Mingueza, Onana.​

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I went for balanced roles in midfield and the front three. In both my teams I am going for a holding midfield controller, an athletic, skillful box to box and a creative player in the midfield three. Outside of those set roles I drafted Partey to offer more physical presence if needed. In the front three, I want a physical striker that can run the channels and hold the ball up, a fast dynamic outlet that runs in behind and a creative ball carrier. Going for hyperathletic fullbacks and a dominant CB leader paired with a fast CB.

First team:
Grealish - Lukaku - Gnabry

Barella - Locatelli - De Bruyne

Tierney - Hermoso - Ramos - Walker

Maignan

Second team:
Vinicius - Vlahovic/Calvert-Lewin - Di Maria

Pellegrini - Guimaraes/Partey - Musiala/Smith-Rowe

Truffert - Demiral - Maguire - Calabria

Sczeszny

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I mean, I’m the last round you kind of have to, right?

He very likely could have a strong tournament with Belgium and bounce back under Ancelotti. I mean for a last round pick anyway good chance for ROI

It's way closer to a very unlikely than very likely.
I do agree that at this point is worth the risk

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
OK, here's my team :

-----------Lloris-----------
Perreira-Kounde-Saliba-Mendy
-----------Tchouameni---------
---Caqueret---Verratti--------
----------Griezmann------
----Ben Yedder-Mbappe

Bench : Areola, Dubois, Perraud, Lacroix, Denayer, Bitshiabu, Paqueta, Rabiot, Fofana, Doku, Edouard, Boga, Mbeumo

Depending on the opponent, I can play with wingers (Doku, Boga) or with a heavy 9 (Edouard) or with a real 10 (Paqueta). I can also play 3 at the back with Denayer who's used to it.
I made a few priorities with my picks :
1/ speed : my players are very very fast. Quickness is a must right now, especially when you play with high press. Doku, Mbappe, Ben Yedder, Perreira, Mendy, Caqueret, etc... are all extremely quick and active players.
2/ High press. My midfield has some of the best pressers in the game. Verratti and Caqueret are killing the opponent's first touch, while Tchouameni is king in retrieving the ball. All 3 are also excellent (or even great) passers that can turn from defense to offense on a dime.
3/ Press resistance. My midfield 3 are impossible to take away the ball from. That was also a key because once you beat the first press, if you have fast forwards, you get free counters all the time. And boy are my front 3 quick.
4/ Guy who can cross at FB. All of my 4 FB are known for quality crosses. Perraud is the best crosser in L1 and about to sign in the EPL. Dubois' forte is also crossing.
5/ Creativity. Having guys like Verratti or Paqueta, Griezmann, or Ben Yedder, you are not shy on creativity.
6/ Language. I'm the only team who can speak one single language since this team is either french of current/former L1 players.

Some of those players are still underrated here because young/in the shadow/not in the EPL, blah, blah, blah. Tchouameni, Caqueret, Perraud, Lacroix, Doku, Mbeumo, Fofana, etc...
And of course, the youngest player in the draft El Chadaille Bitshiabu, a cheat code in himself.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Rashford-Ronaldo-Mahrez

Aouar-Kovacic
Rice

Lodi-Laporte-Koulibaly-Tavernier
Navas

Gouiri-Thuram-Bailey

Alberto-Malinovsky
Koopmeiners