2021 HF Offseason Fantasy Draft: Discussion & Pre-Draft (part 1)

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Basically when copying the order Savant accidentally switched D2M and Curt. So basically D2M should have the 2nd pick this round and Curt should have the 3rd but instead it’s opposite.
Ok what should it say

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Tomori was a good pick in this range was eyeing him for a bit.

Had to go Silas to get some BuLi influence in my squad.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Mane-Lewa-Son
Pogba-Llorente
Ndidi
Alba-Torres-Soyuncu-James
Henderson

Bamba-Osimhen-Pulisic
Ndombele-van de Beek
Kessie
Grimaldo-Romagnoli-Milenkovic-Castagne
Lafont

Extras: Firmino, Ikone, Ginter​

I love my team. Honestly there are so many different options with so many different versatile players that I could change tactics game by game. My forwards would get a ton of goals, same with my midfield but also keep a ton of possession.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Werner - Kane
Oyarzabal Coman
Koke - Kante
Alaba - Bastoni - Upamecano - Mukiele
Donnarumma

Kulusevski - Immobile
Reus - Eriksen - Laimer - Brandt
Zinchenko - Badiashile - Gomez - Di Lorenzo
Schmeichel

EXTRA: McKennie, Kalajdzic, Gilmour
Pretty damn pleased with this.

Last edited:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Neymar - Auba - Sane
Sabitzer - Saul - Gundogan
Digne - Kimpembe - Skriniar - Wan-Bissaka
Handanovic

Liking the balance of this team so far. The bench has a lot of good options and the future of this team is bright.
ST - David, Laca
Wide - Barnes, Saka, Silas, Berrardi
Mid: Maddison, Soucek,
Back line: Simakan, White, Justin, Mudler
GK - Sanzhez

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Icardi
Fati - Frenkie - Kai
Rodri-Valverde
Gaya-Lisandro-Gimenze-Carvajal
MAtS​

Bench: Martinez, Tagliafico, Timber, Savic, Lemar, Gil, Lo Celso, Bentancur, Palacios, Asensio, Hakim, Isak, Brobbey

Back team could look like this

Isak
Asensio-Lemar/Locelso-Hakim
Bentancur-Palacios
Tagliafico-Savic-Timber ?
Martinez

I would start Gaya over tags just because of the formers crossing ability and how insane Icardi is in the air. Basically its a cheat code. My midfield is robust yet full of finesse and more importantly my team is filled with players that can play multiple positions. A number of my players can be slotted pretty much anywhere. If Icardi starts to sulk I can slot frenkie, Isak or Fati in there without skipping a beat. I also have a good mix of older and youthful players. Ones that are the cusp of their primes while others are there. I dont see any holes in the line up maybe Lisandro is ready to win major trophies I have Savic who's better and a gamer but he won't be for long. My full backs are great, I also have depth in that position despite it being a shallow position in footy. I have the best keeper in the world and easily the best 1-2 combo. My back up is better than most starters. My midfield is insane too with depth and an embarrassment amount of runners. It won't get out worked or out finessed imo. I had fun this time around acknowledged the mistakes I made in the last draft where I picked some guys too early here I bided my time in picking the guys I want. This cost me Fabian and the bigger loss in Romero just because I had calculated wrong and traded up when I didn't need to. In saying that it couldn't be perfect how i wanted considering the competition and how knowledgeable some here are.

Still it was quite fun with still a pick to go :)

Now I could even switch up my formation to a traditional 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 and even a 3-5-2 If i wanted to I have the personnel to do so. I target these players for that reason.

Fati-Icardi-Kai
Frenkie-Valverde
Rodri

or

fati-icardi
Kai
Frenkie-Valverde
Rodri

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Hazard here is pretty amazing. Crazy I picked him in the first round last year.. ...
I mean, I’m the last round you kind of have to, right?

He very likely could have a strong tournament with Belgium and bounce back under Ancelotti. I mean for a last round pick anyway good chance for ROI

Reactions: robertmac43

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
The madridista speaks! Let’s see how he does at the euros. You could be right but in round 25 who cares
Oh it’s not a bad pick here as your team won’t rely on him and if he fails it means nothing but if it’s really the madrid medical team that’s ass then you have an elite player.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Oh it’s not a bad pick here as your team won’t rely on him and if he fails it means nothing but if it’s really the madrid medical team that’s ass then you have an elite player.
Yeah that’s where my head is at here. Low risk. High reward.

but yeah I’m done. I win.

Reactions: robertmac43

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Benzema
Felix
-------------Messi
Thiago Bellingham
Jorginho
Chilwell Hummels Stones TAA
Ederson

Greenwood
Hudson-Odoi-------------Rodrygo
Arthur Neuhaus
Soumare
Mendes Disasi Konate Emerson
de Gea

Martial En-Nesyri
Reyna​

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think somebody mentioned that Onana guy the other day and said he was dope or something.
I am not a big Onana fan. Reminds me too much of Carlos Kameni at Espanyol, if your catalog goes back that far

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I am not a big Onana fan. Reminds me too much of Carlos Kameni at Espanyol, if your catalog goes back that far

My catalog goes back that far. He’s my backup and he’s still quite young. I’m fine with the value here. It’s not like drafted Hazard or anything drastic like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad