2021 HF Offseason Fantasy Draft: Discussion & Pre-Draft (part 1)

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
That’s good analysis, and maybe you are right. The pace of the game is much higher in Serie A and the quality looks higher to me. That is all I am basing this on along with Serie A having 8 very very good sides. Might be a bit of bias involved since so many La Liga teams are frustratingly boring. La Liga used to be more entertaining a while back but that really has changed. The quality of football is just so low when I tune in.

I think it's good to use the eye test and all too often the focus is on numbers. And quite frankly I agree that some of the La Liga sides are boring, at least at times, and quite frankly the level of the league has dropped in the last 2-3 years. I'll also not pretend to say I've seen much of Serie A past the early part of the season apart from continental competitions. Still for me La Liga gets the nod. A lot of smaller clubs in La Liga really play quite well and despite some of the scorelines might still have a really competitive match. Granada for me is perhaps the best example of this atm.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Personally, if I have to a play a game tonight with my mother’s life on the line, I’d feel more comfortable with Kasper in goal than I would this Gigi at this point in time.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Serie A is becoming way better again man. Maybe even better than La Liga nowadays. Nice to see we are getting all the gems.
Absolutely right on mate! The problem with Serie A is that the best players tend to be widely distributed throughout the league and why it seems to be weaker on the surface. Of course they got that super team in Juve, but they don't necessarily buy the best players from the league compared to other leagues like BuLi, La Liga, and Ligue 1.
Inter is also blowing up this window.
That's not because of a lack of recruiting talent or developing talent, but because bills from 2005s are creeping back up upon them. It's not only them...Just think about it, Norwich sold their best player with the EPL money they're making from promotion and have already resigned themselves for relegation next season because of that move.
Kasper Schmeichel has been criminally underrated for years and will be an exceptional backup option/veteran support for Donnarumma
I called Schmeichel probably the most underrated player in the EPL and people laughed at me. Top 5 in the league IMHO.

Reactions: AB13

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Was going to trade up to get Brobbey figured YNWA had him on his list. Sorry to do that lool

But what a player this kid is. So powerful so strong. Only 18 but he doesnt look or play like it.

Say Hey Kid

War's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
robert-lewandowski-cover-vertical.webp

Robert Lewandowski: Poland's high demands of Bayern Munich star - Sports Illustrated

I posted he was #1 during the draft.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Still confused who really is next. But I'll be making my pick in 15 minutes since it's been 16 hours and if i really do have 2 in front of me they both would be skipped.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad