2021 HF Offseason Fantasy Draft: Discussion & Pre-Draft (part 1)

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
That time of year!

It’s been a tough season for most on here and as someone said last year, this is our favorite tradition to blow of some steam, remember things aren’t personal and to have some fun.

This might be a little early but the season is running late anyway so may as well get started up. I will find last years thread to put some rules in the next post, but y’all know the drill.

Priority for spots is given to returning “DOFs”. But if you want to participate would be happy to waitlist people that show interest. 12 teams?

Registration Closed

Draft Order TBA

Participants -

@Savant
@robertmac43
@Wee Baby Seamus
@les Habs
@SJSharks39
@The Abusement Park
@Duchene2MacKinnon
@Vasilevskiy
@AB13
@Evilo
@Venkman
@S E P H
@Hawkman
@YNWA14

Waitlist/assistants -

What’s the word?

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
RULES copied from last year - putting some changes in bold.

-Snake draft. 22 rounds. So you'll have essentially two players per position if you choose. NOTE, you must have a minimum of two goalkeepers.

-We won't be drafting managers. You're the manager, so your formation, tactics, etc.

- Open to No judges but would like to know in advance if we are going to do simulation again post draft.. That said I would say that we should focus on a building a team to both be competitive now and in the future. I guess think of it as we're all new franchises. I would consider things like your players fitting your formation/tactics, having a balanced squad, having players who can take freekicks, penalties, corners, etc. Not about an all star team, but who fits best together.

-Minimum of 2 GKs per team.

-Trades are allowed. One for one trades only though. So a few examples:

---One pick for one pick.
---One pick for one player.
---One player for one player.
---Two picks for one player and one pick.
---One pick and two players for two picks and one player.

Etc, etc. I think that illustrates the point.

ALSO, when you agree to a trade one of you needs to post the deal and the other needs to quote that post and write "agreed", "confirmed" or something of that nature. Until the post is quoted and agreed to the trade has not occurred, but when that happens it's done.

- 8 hours between picks. If you miss one pick, an alternate/waitlist DOF will make the pick but you will not be skipped. Two picks your place in the draft will be subject to review, IE you may be dropped from the draft. Either way please use another member as a proxy if you can't make a pick and if something comes us just PM me. Also, please try your best to keep the draft moving along as quickly as possible. After you make a pick you'll need to make sure you PM the next guy on the list. If their PM box is full, post in the discussion thread that it's their turn. Also, please make sure you check to see if it's your turn to pick just to be sure.

-NO DISCUSSION, hints or otherwise, about undrafted players please.

-The Picks thread is for PICKS ONLY, while the Discussion thread is for everything else.

-The draft will start on TBA at TBA local time for whoever gets the first pick in the draft.

Reactions: les Habs

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Again, I suggest we do again the best fantasy draft we every did : a top 5 league+rest of the world draft.
We have an EPL draft (with some EPL fans as judges), a Serie A draft (with SA fans as judges), liga, Ligue 1, BL and "rest of the world".
It was by far the best draft we had. 11 rounds for each, only starting XI.
This was not only much more fun, but it increased the knowledge of everyone.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Again, I suggest we do again the best fantasy draft we every did : a top 5 league+rest of the world draft.
We have an EPL draft (with some EPL fans as judges), a Serie A draft (with SA fans as judges), liga, Ligue 1, BL and "rest of the world".
It was by far the best draft we had. 11 rounds for each, only starting XI.
This was not only much more fun, but it increased the knowledge of everyone.
I am certainly open to this too but it would probably be one of the other (which I am also fine with)

Vote Here

POLL ONLY

Last edited:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I'm in. had a lot of fun with this during the early goings of the pandemic last year.... Since I live in Ontario, it's like nothing has changed in terms of the pandemic situation lol.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I'm in. had a lot of fun with this during the early goings of the pandemic last year.... Since I live in Ontario, it's like nothing has changed in terms of the pandemic situation lol.
The worst.

I had fun but got taken to the cleaners unfairly, Pretty sure the refs are bought.

Reactions: robertmac43

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Doesn’t seem fair to the competition, but yeah sure
Putting you on waitlist since you haven’t done a draft before. Or maybe SJS39 takes you on since he would like to sponsor you. Might have a couple of drop outs so hang tight.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Some of you lazy bastards might want to reach out to some folks. Madridistas like @Power Man and @Scandale du Jour are scared to death of this thing which is music to @Vasilevskiy 's ears. @Evilo is too busy telling us what to do so he can't participate. @Duchene2MacKinnon is probably coming up with a list of average Argentinians that aren't as good as the ones I might draft, but of course he'll tell me otherwise. @S E P H probably has cosplay outings planned. If this continues I'll probably have to suffer some ridiculous trade algorithm nonsense from @Savant because we don't have enough participants.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Some of you lazy bastards might want to reach out to some folks. Madridistas like @Power Man and @Scandale du Jour are scared to death of this thing which is music to @Vasilevskiy 's ears. @Evilo is too busy telling us what to do so he can't participate. @Duchene2MacKinnon is probably coming up with a list of average Argentinians that aren't as good as the ones I might draft, but of course he'll tell me otherwise. @S E P H probably has cosplay outings planned. If this continues I'll probably have to suffer some ridiculous trade algorithm nonsense from @Savant because we don't have enough participants.
Evilo cannot participate. He takes guys I like and want earlier than I take them.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Great write up :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad