2021 HF Offseason Fantasy Draft: Discussion & Pre-Draft (part 1)

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Ehhh I'm not a fan of Maguire and given Ramos is probably a better forward than he is a defender at this point (exaggeration...maybe) that wouldn't be my favourite pairing. I think especially against best on best they get torched in this league.

I actually think that CB is a relatively shallow position when it comes to truly elite players. Way more elite/very good midfielders and forwards than any other position, IMO.
It honestly feels like the CBs taken in round 3 and round 7 could be swapped and I wouldn't bat an eye.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Speaking of CB's :naughty:

Ignore the top tweet.

It's only The Athletic's award but it's quite a large collection of esteemed journalists voting.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Ahhh I wanted Pereira. Good value pick there and especially since I'm pretty sure when healthy he's the best RB in the PL.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I said it when Trent was having his best season that I thought Pereira was better. He's more complete.
Trent’s ability on the ball automatically makes him the best right back in the league. I also think his defensive struggles are way overblown.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don’t love the Pereira pick. He has not been the same since his injuries, but RB is lousy so it’s not a bad pick.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If anyone wants to trade up let me know. Think I can go down here.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He fits what I want at RB.
Not a bad pick. Just not at the levels he was at 2-3 years ago. I sure we all wind up with some injured guys though. At this stage most players will have some warts.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
As I say every year, CB is a deep position by nature. The quality of the depth is another story. It’s not the deepest position when you factor all that in though and as with most positions we’re seeing a bit of a generational gap at the moment. RB is the position with the least quality depth if you ask me.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
How do I not have @Evilo supportin Ndombele?
He's WAY underrated on this board because of EPL bias. Guy dominated City like few players did when he met them with Lyon. He's an incredible talent who had a spell this winter where he was allowed to show his stuff and instantly was among the best in the EPL. And then Mou benched him again and he was back to transparent.
There aren't many midfielder that are as talented and can be as useful as he is in the football world.
Under the right coach, he's a first rounder in this draft.

But :
1/ people here will judge your team and not consider him as the tremendous asset that he is. The time I killed everyone with the Monaco players before they blew up, people only considered myself as the winner a year after the draft :D
2/ your midfield doesn't seem that well constructed with Llorente at 6, but then again, who knows (you also might play Ndombele at 10) how you plan to play them.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Ndombele- Pogba - Llorente is a very unbalanced midfield but it can still be a good pick. Let Ndombele or Llorente come off the bench/lead the second team.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
To me a midfield of Pogba, Llorente and Ndombele just seems odd. Who is doing what there?

He's WAY underrated on this board because of EPL bias. Guy dominated City like few players did when he met them with Lyon. He's an incredible talent who had a spell this winter where he was allowed to show his stuff and instantly was among the best in the EPL. And then Mou benched him again and he was back to transparent.
There aren't many midfielder that are as talented and can be as useful as he is in the football world.
Under the right coach, he's a first rounder in this draft.

But :
1/ people here will judge your team and not consider him as the tremendous asset that he is. The time I killed everyone with the Monaco players before they blew up, people only considered myself as the winner a year after the draft :D
2/ your midfield doesn't seem that well constructed with Llorente at 6, but then again, who knows (you also might play Ndombele at 10) how you plan to play them.
Ndombele is coming off the bench. I got Ndidi with Pogba/Llorente. Pogba has missed significant time so the idea is that Ndombele is cover.

Reactions: Evilo

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4