2021 HF Offseason Fantasy Draft: Discussion & Pre-Draft (part 1)

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Aouar is a great pick. I have my reasoning for not taking him but I'll go into that once my XI is complete.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Carrasco - Dybala - Salah

Milinkovic-Savic - Goretzka
------------Kamara-----------

XXX - Hernandez - Dias - XXX

--------------XXX----------------

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I really...absolutely HATE having to pick Nkunku just because he's someone Arsenal could've had for dirt cheap like three years ago. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Been considering Aouar in basically every round since, like, the third
Pretty much my thoughts, there was just somebody always better for me and someone I needed more.

Very happy with my midfield. Lots of playmaking ability to feed CR7 and Rashford.
Can't beat mine.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Rashford - CR7- Mahrez

Aouar - Alberto
------------Rice-----------

XXX - Laporte - Koulibaly - XXX

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Carrasco - Dybala - Salah

Milinkovic-Savic - Goretzka
------------Kamara-----------

XXX - Hernandez - Dias - XXX

Solid top three though not a lot of creativity in the midfield and then hernandez will fight his teammates (probably Carrasco) and then you have Dybala who goes on disappearing acts like he's Harry Houdini 2.0.

Rashford - CR7- Mahrez

Aouar - Alberto
------------Rice-----------

XXX - Laporte - Koulibaly - XXX

Built from inside out showing steel infrastructure, but the problem is that you'll have CR7 yell at Rashford for not giving him the ball enough which will cause a split like we saw in Captain America: Civil War. Koulibaly will then leak goals because he's overrated rubbish and Laporte is too slow for the fast pace forwards/wingers. Your entire team rests on how well Rice plays and that's too much to ask for.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Maguire is a good pick
This season he has been one of the best defenders in the Premier League. He's not mobile so he'll be burned on occasion but that's fine. Think back to how many times Vidic got burned and look at how people regard him. The difference is we live in a more critically analysed era. Maguire is class and a leader too.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Also quite happy to get Tierney this late. Surprised at a few left backs that went before him.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I will say, looking at your other picks, Maguire and Ramos is a SLOW pairing
I thought about a quicker CB but there aren’t any CBs left that can dominate aireally, win duels or control the buildup like Maguire. The pros outweigh the cons for me as Ramos isn’t slow at all from my viewings (still faster than most CBs). I intend to use hyperathletic fullbacks to compensate for Maguires lack of pace. There is one I am targeting that plays a very specific role generally, so don’t take him.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I thought about a quicker CB but there aren’t any CBs left that can dominate aireally, win duels or control the buildup like Maguire. The pros outweigh the cons for me as Ramos isn’t slow at all from my viewings (still faster than most CBs). I intend to use hyperathletic fullbacks to compensate for Maguires lack of pace. There is one I am targeting that plays a very specific role generally, so don’t take him.

Actually there are CBs left, one in particular, that both literally and figuratively can do what you just said about Maguire. That said Maguire is coming off a strong season and I can understand taking him.

Reactions: S E P H

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Actually there are CBs left, one in particular, that both literally and figuratively can do what you just said about Maguire. That said Maguire is coming off a strong season and I can understand taking him.
Going through my shortlist, CB is probably the deepest out of any position IMO.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Ehhh I'm not a fan of Maguire and given Ramos is probably a better forward than he is a defender at this point (exaggeration...maybe) that wouldn't be my favourite pairing. I think especially against best on best they get torched in this league.

I actually think that CB is a relatively shallow position when it comes to truly elite players. Way more elite/very good midfielders and forwards than any other position, IMO.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
When it comes to CBs, the main thing is to have a pair that fits together, as well as midfielders that can actually help (as well as FBs with a motor).
You can see some average CBs looking very good in some situations and tacs while some excellent ones look very passable.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Maguire and Ramos are a fairly awkward fit together but with some tactical consideration they can absolutely work

Reactions: AB13

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4