2021 HF Offseason Fantasy Draft: Discussion & Pre-Draft (part 1)

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
People really hate Icardi on here more than me loool. for me to draft him so late in back to back drafts. Amazing.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
People really hate Icardi on here more than me loool. for me to draft him so late in back to back drafts. Amazing.
I thought about him there, but I dunno I think the general view is that he's a pretty limited player and he's moved to a team where he won't start (I guess unless Mbappe leaves). He'll score goals though.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I thought about him there, but I dunno I think the general view is that he's a pretty limited player and he's moved to a team where he won't start (I guess unless Mbappe leaves). He'll score goals though.
Well luckily I don’t have Mbappe and have 11 better players. He’ll start for me. He’s a piece of shit but I guess he’s my piece of shit. (Never want him on the Nt)

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Of course let's not consider that among those wingers most don't average something like 7 penalties a year.
If you do consider it then Coman produces more.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Icardi is a good but surprising pick.
He can be great depending on the team around him.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Icardi is a good but surprising pick.
He can be great depending on the team around him.
I figured he'd fall ( I had another player in mind for his position if it came to be) I initially wanted Kai at the 9 but happy to accommodate Icardi in.I agree he can be great depending on the team and since this is fantasy land his baggage isn't real lol. I dont like the person nor his style of play but the talent is undeniable.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Of course let's not consider that among those wingers most don't average something like 7 penalties a year.
If you do consider it then Coman produces more.
Provably false, considering this is the only year Memphis has had a lot of penalties (8). Last season he had 3, and the season before he had 0. Even if you remove 11 goals from his tally it would be 38 + 28 in 8165 which is a goal or assist every 123.7 mins and still better than Coman (G+A every 130.8). Though there's a reason Memphis takes the penalties.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
How did Rice drop this far? He has been the best defensive midfielder in the world this season. Ridiculous that the likes of Ndidi went before him.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Provably false, considering this is the only year Memphis has had a lot of penalties (8). Last season he had 3, and the season before he had 0. Even if you remove 11 goals from his tally it would be 38 + 28 in 8165 which is a goal or assist every 123.7 mins and still better than Coman (G+A every 130.8). Though there's a reason Memphis takes the penalties.
When you take penalties, corners and FKs, you're bound to have extra goals and assists. There's absolutely no way you can say Coman would miss those pens. But he's not the pen shooter on his team period.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Also Depay missed a few penalties in previous seasons. In february 2019 he had missed 3 straight penalties and was 4/11.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
When you take penalties and FKs, you're bound to have extra goals and assists. There's absolutely no way you can say Coman would miss those pens. But he's not the pen shooter on his team period.
I never said Coman would miss those pens, and I never argued this point. You implied that Memphis averaged 7 penalties "or something" a year, which he doesn't, and you said that if you took those away Coman produced more, which he doesn't. Both were false. Nothing else was argued. But you attempting to move the goalposts when you are flat out wrong is nothing new, so that's my last response to it.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He does average an insane amount of pens because you forgot those he missed.
Coman isn't even a scoring winger nor does he play like one. He's a traditionnal winger. Meanwhile Depay hasn't played wing at all this year.
All in all, in similar situations, Depay doesn't produce more than Coman if you only count games played on wing and exclude FKs, corners and PKs (which is to say comparable).
Now you could say Coman has much more support and good players to pass to, and that I would agree.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Good to know @Creed Bratton next time people will know not to listen to me. My apologizes again though.

Pleasantly surprised he has yet to be taken, I know Gimenez hasn't had the best year with the injuries and all but come on guys. Just a year ago Chelsea wanted him for an obscene amount of $.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Good to know @Creed Bratton next time people will know not to listen to me. My apologizes again though.

Pleasantly surprised he has yet to be taken, I know Gimenez hasn't had the best year with the injuries and all but come on guys. Just a year ago Chelsea wanted him for an obscene amount of $.
He was going to be taken by the end of this round. :laugh:

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad