OT: 2021 Football Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
We’re striving for hopefully Jones being an average QB and that’s not an issue for you?

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Jones can easily be an average QB in the league. Andrew Thomas is much more of a problem than Jones is right now.

He looked awful again on Sunday. I haven't seen a LT like him in forever. He was supposed to be the player that was most ready and able to play week 1 last season. Limited upside, but higher floor. Looking more like Lias Andersson at this point. National media is starting to pick up on how bad he still is:

The Giants just don't know how to draft in the 1st round. Their picks just don't make sense. Thomas has been a disaster, but at least it was addressing a need, then there was the DeAndre Baker incident. Jones has been mediocre, but it's hard to put all of the blame on him being that. Then you take Barkley when you had so many more needs than taking the luxury of a RB. You sign Logan Ryan as a corner, move him to safety and block your 2nd round pick from last season that was supposed to be one of the biggest steals in the draft. Sure he was hurt to begin last season, but he's being wasted at this point.

How Gettleman still has a job is beyond me. He has screwed up so much. The NFC East being piss poor might have saved him his job last season. That may not be the case this time around.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Cam Newton released by New England. Mac Jones is the starter.

If I'm Douglas, I'm bringing in Cam. Would be a good insurance policy and maybe could get some information for that week 2 game against New England.

Reactions: sbjnyc

Bluto

Don't listen to me, I'm an idiot. TOGA! TOGA!
Dec 24, 2017
Daniel Jones simply will never be good enough to win. I think he'd be a great backup though. Gettleman should have been fired 2 years ago. And Mara is too arrogant to right the ship. Getting rid of both of Jones and Gettleman would be him admitting he was wrong and that will never happen. The Giants are about to ride jones for a decade and have a .500 record at best.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Cam Newton released by New England. Mac Jones is the starter.

If I'm Douglas, I'm bringing in Cam. Would be a good insurance policy and maybe could get some information for that week 2 game against New England.

disagree imo- Newtown and the NY are a distraction which will happen. How long before he breaks Covid protocol or says something the media runs with? This is Zach's team. Take care of him.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Daniel Jones simply will never be good enough to win. I think he'd be a great backup though. Gettleman should have been fired 2 years ago. And Mara is too arrogant to right the ship. Getting rid of both of Jones and Gettleman would be him admitting he was wrong and that will never happen. The Giants are about to ride jones for a decade and have a .500 record at best.

So 20 years of shitty football when it's all said & done.

Bluto

Dec 24, 2017
So 20 years of shitty football when it's all said & done.
Pretty much. I think Mara is the worst owner in football now. He can't get out of his own way... like what happened to Al Davis at the end.

Bluto

Dec 24, 2017
Worse than woody Johnson?

Yeah id say so. The jets have always been a joke. Mara's arrogance brought the Giants from a marquee franchise to a laughing stock in the span of 5 years.

Fansince1992

May 18, 2014
The steelers have had 3 head coaches since 1969. There's something to be said about consistency at the top.

Being a Jets fan, this still baffles me how consistent of an organization the Steelers are. They have a great culture in the front office

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Giants continuing to try to build around skill guys and piece together a competent line from spare parts right before the season.

The exact opposite way from how we won a Super Bowl with a young QB in 2007.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad