Speculation: 2021 Ducks Lottery Tank Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mav1208

Mar 11, 2021
Perry playing with caufield is funny to me and I don't know why.
Because Caufield is so short that he barely reaches Perry's shoulders? Didn't relize until I watched the highlights of the Leafs/Habs game today. Post goal celebration on Caufield's goal cracked me up.

Reactions: Static

OCSportsfan

Sep 30, 2011
just think if we could suck for 2 years, we could get Conner Bedard in 2023. I dont think i could handle being the worst for 2 more a la Edmonton, but that would give us quite a group youngsters.

We are probably going to be bad next year, but I just think in 2023 we will be better. But if they go full rebuild and dont sign any legit FA, then i could see a scenario with us being the worst team in 2023, especially if we trade Gibson and Getzlaf retires.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The worst team in the league have only a 18.5% chance of getting the first pick. Planning to win the lottery 2 years in a row is reaching at best.
Even this year if we finish with the 2nd worst record, we have only 26.5% chance of getting a top 2 pick. So we have 73.5% chance of getting one of 3-4 overall.
I don’t really care much this year I think a lot of teams are going to have a lot of different combinations of 1-5, not really a clear top 1 and prob not even a clear top 5

Reactions: Leonardo87

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
I don’t really care much this year I think a lot of teams are going to have a lot of different combinations of 1-5, not really a clear top 1 and prob not even a clear top 5
Yep I think picking 4th will probably secure the 2nd or 3rd best player on our draft board.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I don’t think the Ducks will be this bad next season but I’ll also say that if they are it wouldn’t necessarily mean that Zegras and Drysdale and a couple others didn’t take big steps forward

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don’t think the Ducks will be this bad next season but I’ll also say that if they are it wouldn’t necessarily mean that Zegras and Drysdale and a couple others didn’t take big steps forward

Yeah, with Zegras and Drysdale already showing progress, and some moves made this summer, don't see them being this bad, they had to play Vegas and Colorado 16 times, not an easy task. To be guaranteed a Top 4 pick in this draft is very good since there is really no clear cut 1st or 2nd OA. Next season if they can draft someone in the Top 10 will be huge.

Reactions: Mr Rogers

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
If Vancouver loses the rest of it's game we could still be #3 no?

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Vancouver would have to go 0-8-0 and the Ducks would have to go at least 1-0-1.

So we have 99% wrapped up #2 seed for the lottery.
They could always give Zegras and Drysdale a 'maintence day' to rest in one game and then the last game give Comtois & Terry a maintence day.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
If the Ducks get 3 or more points against Minny and Van loses out. I think Canucks have the tiebreaker if the Ducks only get 2 points.

Just to clarify since some people make take "has the tiebreaker" as getting the better pick, Vancouver already has 14 RW so there is no change they get the second slot unless these scenarios happen:

VAN 0-8-0
ANA 1-0-1 / 2-0-0

or

VAN 0-7-1
ANA 2-0-0

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
They could always give Zegras and Drysdale a 'maintence day' to rest in one game and then the last game give Comtois & Terry a maintence day.

Hope not. Those guys are the reason I am excited to watch these last two games. Future in a nutshell, and other than Drysdale's mistake last game, they have looked excellent. Have to give the Ducks credit for their efforts, even if they haven't won all these last several games like to see them go out on a high note. So, I prefer to see the Ducks win out, and Vancouver wins one of their last 8 games. Locks in a Top 4 spot, circle June 2nd on our calendars and brace ourselves. lol.

Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
i highly doubt they'll suck this bad

I predict bottom 5 finish for them. I just don't see much progress happening. Offence should be better because they'll have one good line of Comtois-Zegras-whoever and Drysdale will be helpful. Rest of the roster is what it is. Manson and Lindholm are prone to injuries, Gibson can again suck if the team doesn't play well in front of him, Getzlaf continues to regress and who knows how bad Silfverberg will be. A lot depends on how big steps young players take in their development. And if Eakins is still the coach because he'll just keep using Shattenkirk on PP... Numerous aspects need to get better for the team to do any better.

I don't mean to be too negative, I just see a lot of problems with the team and it is unlikely that everything just gets better at the same time. Rebuilds take time.

Reactions: Mr Rogers

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Silf might be better to be honest but yeah also chance he just fizzles out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot