Speculation: 2021 Ducks Lottery Tank Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
Dolan is an impatient a-hole and I think there is more to the story of what went down. So sick right now, team is shot. I said before, Dolan focuses on his Knicks and lets the Rangers run on their own. But when he steps in, bad things tend to happen.

Samuelis are great, I find it very enjoyable going out to games there, fan friendly arena, and with that new bid they put in for the area, really excited. Hopefully Anaheim gets an ASG in our lifetime lol.

Murray doesn’t deserve a free paycheck. Agreeing the Samuelis are doing a fine job is taking advantage of them. Murray never works for his money. The trade deadline was a joke. I completely disagree with you. Atleast Dolan made the fricken Knicks a success in New York. They are locked on a fourth seed right now since the end of time. Them brothas in New York are straight balling. And aren’t afraid of anyone right now let alone Brooklyn

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Murray doesn’t deserve a free paycheck. Agreeing the Samuelis are doing a fine job is taking advantage of them. Murray never works for his money. The trade deadline was a joke. I completely disagree with you. Atleast Dolan made the fricken Knicks a success in New York. They are locked on a fourth seed right now since the end of time. Them brothas in New York are straight balling. And aren’t afraid of anyone right now let alone Brooklyn

LMAO I don't know a Knicks fan who would agree with that.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Are they not a lock in the East at 4? The Knicks are scary. The Knick fans certainly aren’t complaining when Randel going for triple dub every game. That was a long creation from Dolan

Scary isn't really the word lol but more importantly this is the year where Dolan isn't meddling(hence the renewed interest in the Rangers) and its clearly not a coincidence. Theres a reason Knicks fans hate him.

Reactions: AngelDuck

405Entrance

Feb 8, 2020
Completely agree with this. It’s almost worth just coming to the table with this board and saying “hey! Go with your defenseman approach this draft, and I won’t have a problem with it, but?!?!? 2022??? We get the next Crosby” can both sides agree for tanking?

Our end all be all approach is stop being ass and being respectable in the NHL till the rebuild is complete. I hope the BPA fans on this board can find common ground with us
They don’t get it. They think we aren’t real fans for not wanting them to win but they really don’t look at the bigger picture. Why make the playoffs in a stacked draft class ? It makes no sense this current ducks roster is terrible. It’s only going to get worse next year because of the ED and trades. Here’s to Wright/lambert/savoie becoming a duck in next years draft :DD

405Entrance

Feb 8, 2020
I will take ANY playoff games I can get. Always, nothing better than playoff hockey.
Yeah no thanks, the ducks will make the playoffs barely and then get swept by the VGK. I’d rather get an elite player and maybe make it in 3 years if they draft correctly and sign good depth pieces. Why be the wild when you have the potential to be the current avs

Reactions: WidgitRibbit

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
All I’ll say is the Ducks need another top F prospect to really be locked in. He could come out of this draft or he could not. Time will tell, but the need has to be filled in order to get back on top. There are few ways to get that player, some more likely/easier than others.

This is all barring something unforeseen like Perreault becoming an elite winger or one of our young Fs, outside of Z, currently on the team just blowing up. But who knows if that’s even enough

Last edited:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I won’t ever go into the season hoping to lose, but if they are far out of it at Christmas time then this is a good year to sell off and hope for the legit franchise players at the top next year.
agreed

next year's draft is going to be legendary. landing one of wright, lambert, or savoie would be massive to say the least

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
agreed

next year's draft is going to be legendary. landing one of wright, lambert, or savoie would be massive to say the least
Since those are 3 draft prospects in 2022 that means finishing dead last in 2022 you get at least the #3 pick with a chance at #2 or #1
I can only imagine next season we will see teams in the bottom 5 selling off talent at the deadline
or being extremely cautious and putting players on the IR over a scratch or broken nail.

What sucks is that SJ is probably gonna end up with one of them, Couture + Burns + Vlasic + Karlsson will only continue to get worse due to age.
Plus who knows if Burns ends up in Seattle as he'd easily be the best Dman in Seattle's debut season.

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
Since those are 3 draft prospects in 2022 that means finishing dead last in 2022 you get at least the #3 pick with a chance at #2 or #1
I can only imagine next season we will see teams in the bottom 5 selling off talent at the deadline
or being extremely cautious and putting players on the IR over a scratch or broken nail.

What sucks is that SJ is probably gonna end up with one of them, Couture + Burns + Vlasic + Karlsson will only continue to get worse due to age.
Plus who knows if Burns ends up in Seattle as he'd easily be the best Dman in Seattle's debut season.

Rakell is gone. And hopefully for draft picks. It makes the team worst, and I also think Getzlaf is done end of the season. Wait till the sunshine hits his face in Newport this summer, and he’s talking to Selanne regarding investment opportunities after retirement. He should be gone as well.

Gibson goes to management this summer, and says I’m not here for a rebuild trade me.

Anaheims own first round pick top 3
Rakell to Edmonton for 2022 first and Yamamoto
Gibson for another 2022 first. Because we know Andersen got one. This dude can easily get one also.

Anaheim has the next Crosby, and 2 other solid forwards. That’s not including HF Boards BPA bull crap player we get in this draft.

Seems like a plan Uncle Sam!

Last edited:

Opak

Nov 28, 2014

I don't know about that. IMO the Bolts will try to repair their cap situation a bit this offseason via exposing McDonagh to Seattle. McDonagh is 31 and signed until 2026 with a full NTC, so this may be the only chance the Bolts will ever have in unloading that contract...

Burns is 36 and $1.25 million more expensive per year until 2025. If I was running Seattle I wouldn't touch that contract with a 10-foot pole...

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
agreed

2023 is going to be better. Bedard and Michkov are basically Crosby and Ovechkin.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
You guys should email the league to place us in a tougher division if you are pinning your entire hopes for the future on landing Wright/Lambert/Sovoie/Bedard/Mitchkov

The bottom line is the vast majority of our future core will already be on the roster after we make our selection this July. We already have an elite prospect pool. It’s time to not fall in love with draft picks and start to shop the supplementary prospects (Thrun/LaCombe/Perreault types) for legit NHL talent.

We all know that the teams that just keep adding draft picks (Buffalo/New Jersey/etc) usually don’t end up actually getting any better. They just keep collecting more young players. That’s the trap the kings are about the fall into too

I would love to see an aggressive trade for a top 6 forward made this offseason.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Rakell is gone. And hopefully for draft picks. It makes the team worst, and I also think Getzlaf is done end of the season. Wait till the sunshine hits his face in Newport this summer, and he’s talking to Selanne regarding investment opportunities after retirement. He should be gone as well.

Gibson goes to management this summer, and says I’m not here for a rebuild trade me.

Anaheims own first round pick top 3
Rakell to Edmonton for 2022 first and Yamamoto
Gibson for another 2022 first. Because we know Andersen got one. This dude can easily get one also.

Anaheim has the next Crosby, and 2 other solid forwards. That’s not including HF Boards BPA bull crap player we get in this draft.

Seems like a plan Uncle Sam!

Did someone hurt you?

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
You guys should email the league to place us in a tougher division if you are pinning your entire hopes for the future on landing Wright/Lambert/Sovoie/Bedard/Mitchkov

The bottom line is the vast majority of our future core will already be on the roster after we make our selection this July. We already have an elite prospect pool. It’s time to not fall in love with draft picks and start to shop the supplementary prospects (Thrun/LaCombe/Perreault types) for legit NHL talent.

We all know that the teams that just keep adding draft picks (Buffalo/New Jersey/etc) usually don’t end up actually getting any better. They just keep collecting more young players. That’s the trap the kings are about the fall into too

I would love to see an aggressive trade for a top 6 forward made this offseason.

Completely agree. The Ducks have enough prospects and depth; they need real, top line players who can actually score. Waiting for '21 or '22 prospects to develop into those players will take years and miss this next window the Ducks have being working years towards. Trade some picks, prospects, Manson, and maybe Rakell.

Between Gibson, solid defense core, the young players progressing, and the Pacific being weak overall, I just don't see how the Ducks will be this bad for the next two seasons. And if that's the case, then a lot of things went very wrong. The Ducks need another scoring forward to play with Zegras and new coaches who can teach the players how to score on the PP.

Reactions: Kalv

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If they fix the PP to make it half decent, they will be around a .500 team, imo. What’s fixing to me? Drawing more penalties for one, and hitting around a 15-18% convert rate.

If they get a single PP tonight and fail to convert on it, they will be under 9%, they already made history, so how low can you go lol.

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
BPA is the only and obvious right way to go. There’s not even an argument to be made for drafting by positional need.

Explain that to a decade worth of Defenseman drafted that has landed you bare ass, last in the standings year after year. More defenseman have been drafted and traded than have stuck around. I’m trying to work with you here? But if you can’t see the daylight I can’t help you

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
Explain that to a decade worth of Defenseman drafted that has landed you bare ass, last in the standings year after year. More defenseman have been drafted and traded than have stuck around. I’m trying to work with you here? But if you can’t see the daylight I can’t help you

Thank god you are not a GM.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
And we’ve been among the best drafting teams over that period, despite your unhappiness with the approach.

Drafting by positional need is plain stupid. You draft guys for a decade, but it’s often impossible to know your primary positional needs as little as two years down the road. Grab the best talent, see where it goes. Seriously, arguing against BPA would make some sense if a team is absolutely stacked in one position, but we aren’t, so picking BPA is a no-brainer for us. In reality, this isn’t even a debate any of the scouts or organizations are having - there’s more valuable discussions to be had on even identifying who is BPA, which is more arguable than usual this year in the top-5.

Reactions: Trojans86

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Last in the standings year after year? Those defensemen got us to be division champions 5 times in a row. The only reason we are last is because our guys aged out a bit and our window closed, not because we took Lindholm Fowler or Theodore over whoever player X you wish we had was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad