Speculation: 2021 Ducks Lottery Tank Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvn

Oct 15, 2013
The problem isn't defencemen, the problem is trying to retool a team that was losing multiple games 7 and not committing to a rebuild.

Reactions: 405Entrance

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Drafting positional need is silly because you don't know what the team will look like 5 years down the road. People thought Colorado would take Seth Jones because they already had their centers of the next decade in Duchene and O'Reilly. I don't think they're regretting choosing MacKinnon, and their defense is stacked anyway.

Nashville, conversely, had their defense locked up but took Jones, and were then able to move him for Johansen who was looking like a budding 1C. He hasn't completely worked out for them but if you have a position of strength you can deal from it in trades.

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
Last in the standings year after year? Those defensemen got us to be division champions 5 times in a row. The only reason we are last is because our guys aged out a bit and our window closed, not because we took Lindholm Fowler or Theodore over whoever player X you wish we had was

It completely is. I can name 3 drafts that Anaheim missed out on. You keep getting Mansons, Theodores, Montour, Vatanens, you aren’t winning shit. You can be mad at me as much as you want. But the drafts I’m picking out of the 10 is rightfully saying the team is ass because your defenseman BPA logic is crap.

Anaheim missed out on Marko Dano
To CBJ which is about a .60 PPG winger this season. During Theodore draft. Imagine Zegras with em as his line mate, whoof

Don’t even need to start in the second rounders, they are all Vatanens that have been traded already.

When Coyotes got Dvorak.... oof
San Jose has Donato with 20 in 50.....Oof
The list goes on and on with misses at the batters plate.

Last edited:

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
It completely is. I can name 3 drafts that Anaheim missed out on. You keep getting Mansons, Theodores, Montour, Vatanens, you aren’t winning shit. You can be mad at me as much as you want. But the drafts I’m picking out of the 10 is rightfully saying the team is ass because your defenseman BPA logic is crap.

To CBJ which is about a .60 PPG winger this season. During Theodore draft. Imagine Zegras with em as his line mate, whoof
Wut

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008

Don’t even need to start in the second rounders, they are all Vatanens that have been traded already.

honestly one of the worst takes I have ever seen on HF. So bad that it reads like trolling, but I think you might actually be serious.

You’re suggesting it would have been better to draft an AHL winger instead of a Norris caliber Dman. Also, for someone who advocates using google, I suggest you do the same, as Dano isn’t even in the NHL or in the CBJ system for that matter..

Last edited:

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013

To CBJ which is about a .60 PPG winger this season
. During Theodore draft. Imagine Zegras with em as his line mate, whoof

mega-brain take

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020

upload_2021-5-8_21-57-48.jpeg

actual question, not trying to be rude, can you define what BPA stands for because it sounds as if you are advocating for it with the argument you are making

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
I originally made the account to troll him this the similar name but he got banned so I just decided to keep posting with this account
I didn’t start frequenting this site until this season, what was 405exits deal and why was he banned

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
honestly one of the worst takes I have ever seen on HF. So bad that it reads like trolling, but I think you might actually be serious.

You’re suggesting it would have been better to draft an AHL winger instead of a Norris caliber Dman. Also, for someone who advocates using google, I suggest you do the same, as Dano isn’t even in the NHL or in the CBJ system for that matter..

Norris Caliber? When has any of the Defenseman I named in the conversation of such a accolade. If you’re going to talk smack. Atleast back it up. Is Montour your fan favorite we should have on the back of cups during intermission when the panthers visits the ducks then I can’t help you. You’re talking Norris? On whom?

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
I originally made the account to troll him this the similar name but he got banned so I just decided to keep posting with this account

His account got me banned for free speech, in the trade forums, @405Entrance is a Gnark. And a snitch, if I’m banned he should be banned @Ducks DVM I’m not going out like that with him throwing me under the bus

405Entrance

Feb 8, 2020
His account got me banned for free speech, in the trade forums, @405Entrance is a Gnark. And a snitch, if I’m banned he should be banned @Ducks DVM I’m not going out like that with him throwing me under the bus
Lmao I didn’t do anything. You can check my post history I didn’t use this account for a year and half before using it again recently. You got yourself banned by name calling others. It’s gonna be so satisfying when the ducks take a LHD this upcoming draft

405Entrance

Feb 8, 2020
I didn’t start frequenting this site until this season, what was 405exits deal and why was he banned
(S)He would troll a lot and get really aggressive with other people. He would constantly make troll threads and would generally piss off the ducks board and the trade board. I decided to troll him but I forgot for a bit and then when I came back a month or 2 later (s)he was banned

Reactions: Swedenheim

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
Curious about how people will answer this.

There are 2 prospects that are essentially rated at an equal level in the draft but both play different positions. Since there isnt a BPA which one do you draft?

Last year Murray rated the two defenders at the same level and was prepared to trade down if both were available and take the one that was left over.

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
Norris Caliber? When has any of the Defenseman I named in the conversation of such a accolade. If you’re going to talk smack. Atleast back it up. Is Montour your fan favorite we should have on the back of cups during intermission when the panthers visits the ducks then I can’t help you. You’re talking Norris? On whom?

it’s apparent you don’t have a clue what you are talking about. You said we should have taken Dano, who can’t even crack the NHL instead of Theodore, who is still only 25, has been in the Norris conversation the last couple years. It’s not a good look to be combative and ignorant.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California

There are 2 prospects that are essentially rated at an equal level in the draft but both play different positions. Since there isnt a BPA which one do you draft?

Last year Murray rated the two defenders at the same level and was prepared to trade down if both were available and take the one that was left over.

Take the forward. The Ducks are starved for goal scoring.

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008

If equal, I would be tempted to say forward. My only reservation is that our scouting department has a better track record of scouting D-men than forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad