Status
Not open for further replies.

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
Tkachuk-Wright-Guenther
Stutzle-Norris-Batherson
Formenton-Pinto-Greig
Paul-XXXX-XXX

If we somehow manage to get both Guenther and Wright it would be a dream! We'll be set for the next decade. I doubt we'll be able to get Wright though.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
If we somehow manage to get both Guenther and Wright it would be a dream! We'll be set for the next decade. I doubt we'll be able to get Wright though.

Wouldn't even need Wright. Top 3 would be unbelievable regardless. Lambert and Savoie are so good. And top 10 would still be fantastic. Imagine Miroshnichenko on Stutzle's wing? Yikes.

Reactions: SENStastic

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Wouldn't even need Wright. Top 3 would be unbelievable regardless. Lambert and Savoie are so good. And top 10 would still be fantastic. Imagine Miroshnichenko on Stutzle's wing? Yikes.

Miroshnichenko could go first overall, he is like Erling Haaland of football or Ovechkin. Nothing - but scoring goals from anywhere. With so many good players in 2022, Wright will be available to Sens.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
No concern there for me, don’t think his ceiling is any lower than the other top forward in the draft. He’s definitely not as technically skilled as Johnson though, for sure.

Like Sanderson, I’m sure he’ll get a reputation of a low ceiling player because he’s such a hard player to ply against (not saying you’re thinking this whatsoever).
You aren't concerned with Beniers upside? Interesting, maybe I need to take a closer look at him. I was kind of getting the vibes of a more talented Colin White but maybe I have been overlooking some more nuanced aspects of his game. Who do you think he would compare to at the NHL level if he reaches his potential?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Tkachuk-Wright-Guenther
Stutzle-Norris-Batherson
Formenton-Pinto-Greig
Paul-XXXX-XXX

Ottawa hasn't been very lucky since the lottery started, but it would be great to win one for a change.

Tkachuk - Norris - Guenther (2021 draft)
Stutzle - Pinto - Batherson
Formenton - White - Sokolov
Paul - Kastelic - Grubbe (2021 draft)

Chabot-XXXX
Sanderson-JBD
Kleven-Brannstrom

That would be our team maybe in 5 years.

Hopefully, Ottawa can find or draft another Sanderson type right shot D to play with Chabot, maybe even Guennette?

Chabot - Zub/Thomson
Sanderson - JBD
Kleven - Schmidt (2021 draft)

Is Jayden Grubbe another Tom Wilson type? Reading this scouting report and watching these clips he seems more like a Brady Tkachuk type.
Prospect Profile: Jayden Grubbe - DraftGeek

The player that I have heard compares closest to Tom Wilson is Tyler Boucher. He is a violent hitter that sometimes crosses the line. He also has good speed and skill and is very athletic.

You know you may be right, Grubbe is big, he's tough & he seems to have some very good offensive skills, almost perfect for the 4th line who could move when up when required & he is only an inch taller than Boucher. Where do you see Boucher going in the draft? I think Grubbe goes mid-way through the 2nd & Boucher late 2nd or early 3rd, he's ranked higher on the lists I saw.

Last edited:

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
You know you may be right, Grubbe is big, he's tough & he seems to have some very good offensive skills, almost perfect for the 4th line who could move when up when required & he is only an inch taller than Boucher. Where do you see Boucher going in the draft? I think Grubbe goes mid-way through the 2nd & Boucher late 2nd or early 3rd, he's ranked higher on the lists I saw.

I am not sure where Boucher and Grubbe will go. This draft will be difficult to predict but my assumption was that both will be mid round picks. Grubbe just got injured the other day so I am not sure how much time he will miss. Ideally you don't draft a 4th liner in the early mid rounds, it is fine if that is their floor but they need more upside than that to justify taking them that high. At this point Grubbe and Boucher sound like they have 2nd line upside (maybe higher but still a question mark about that at this point). There is a possibility that we could draft both and that might be a good use of some of the mid round picks.

Reactions: aragorn

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
Ottawa hasn't been very lucky since the lottery started, but it would be great to win one for a change.

Tkachuk - Norris - Guenther (2021 draft)
Stutzle - Pinto - Batherson
Formenton - White - Sokolov
Paul - Kastelic - Grubbe (2021 draft)

Hopefully, Ottawa can find or draft another Sanderson type right shot D to play with Chabot, maybe even Guennette?

Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - JBD
Kleven - Schmidt (2021 draft)

Think you forgot Brannstrom.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Think you forgot Brannstrom.

Yea, I do that a lot.

I don't see him on the left side in future with Chabot, Sanderson & Kleven & he is going to be challenged on the right side with Thomson, Zub, JBD & maybe even Guennette not to mention if they draft another one or two D. Having said that though, some of these guys won't be NHL ready for a while so if he is going to get a spot he has to start proving it soon that he can stick. He's having a hard time now sticking & the defence stinks, what happens when JBD & Sanderson get here and/or they draft another good defenceman or trade for a good young one? I think he's in a tough spot, especially with this coach.

Reactions: DJB

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015

Agreed, any of those 3 would be phenomenal for us, but I doubt we'll land any of them. I don't think we'll finish bottom five next year. IF we somehow manage to get one of those 3, watch out- FYOUS might actually become a real thing lol

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I'm always a proponent of BPA. That being said it would be great to land our first round pick if it is a C (to play with Tim and Drake), a RW (to play with Brady and Norris) or a RD (so we have a competent one).

Top pairing RD
To 6 RW
Top 6 C

Major needs.

Reactions: LudwigVonKarlsson

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
I'm always a proponent of BPA. That being said it would be great to land our first round pick if it is a C (to play with Tim and Drake), a RW (to play with Brady and Norris) or a RD (so we have a competent one).

Top pairing RD
To 6 RW
Top 6 C

Major needs.

I also think we are gonna be bad in 2022. If we can snag one of Savoie/Lambert/Wright then we are in a good place.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Nice little play here from Johnson .. holding, buying time and creating space

Having him and Stutzle on the same line or one on each of the top two would be entertaining as hell... Not sure about it translating to wins but it would be fun

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Johnson is not a finished product at all right now, but you can't teach the high-end skill and playmaking ability he possesses.

Needs to bulk up badly, but could break out offensively in a huge way next season.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I think Johnson is going to be the biggest letdown for whoever drafts him. Very skilled, not sure his pro game will be as effective.

Whoever gets him (not sure he’s should go top 10, though plying a full season will push him there) will be declared the winners of the draft for getting him though.

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
Agreed, any of those 3 would be phenomenal for us, but I doubt we'll land any of them. I don't think we'll finish bottom five next year. IF we somehow manage to get one of those 3, watch out- FYOUS might actually become a real thing lol

Agreed, I think we likely finish in the 5-10 spot but I just don't see us being bad enough for a top 3 pick unless we win the lottery (would be nice). I see SJ, Buffalo and Detroit as the bottom three with the Sens likely battling it out with that NJ, Columbus, Anaheim, LA, Nashville, Vancouver group. Got to hope for a huge amount of luck if we want a top three pick.

Reactions: SENStastic

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Top pairing RD
To 6 RW
Top 6 C

Major needs.

I'm starting to wonder what Ottawa thinks is their greatest need & whether they can fill it with this draft. I assume that you think a top pairing RD is their greatest need so would it make sense if Ottawa drafted Brandt Clarke RD (hometown guy) with their first pick? Chabot's next contract could be too much for Ottawa to handle & if they had Sanderson on one side & Clarke on the other side of a top pairing would that make it easier for them not to re-sign Chabot?

If Sanderson returns to school & Clarke returns to junior after the draft they could both probably join the team the following yr. And given some of the guys they have coming they could make two top lines to end this season to see what they have in these guys & whether they could form two good lines with what they already have. That still leaves L. Brown & some other decent forwards in the mix. I wonder if our European scouts got out to see Clarke play over there?

Tkachuk - Norris - Pinto
Formenton - Stutzle - Batherson

Chabot - JBD
Sanderson - Clarke

Reactions: DJB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad