Prospect Info: 2021 Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I dont want another D, I want a goal scorer.
I think more than anything the sens need a second play driving forward. I don't care if they are a winger or a center I just think its needs to be a player that demands the puck and can break a game open. Seems all the best teams have two of these types of players, the sens have Stuetzle they just need a second one. I think they have wingers and support players that can score in the system. Kent Johnson looks like he could be that player, immense talent.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think more than anything the sens need a second play driving forward. I don't care if they are a winger or a center I just think its needs to be a player that demands the puck and can break a game open. Seems all the best teams have two of these types of players, the sens have Stuetzle they just need a second one. I think they have wingers and support players that can score in the system. Kent Johnson looks like he could be that player, immense talent.
Agreed, I like Kent Johnson a lot, if they decide to go with a centre & Dylan Guenther if they decide to go with a RW forward, both positions could use an upgrade & both these guys would be great additions.

After that they should draft two RDs, one a PM RD like Corson Ceulemans & a 3rd pairing RD like Roman Schmidt. Not sure how they are going to do that though, unless Ceulemans & Schmidt end up in the 2nd rd. The Sens need to acquire another 1st rd pick & find a way to trade up into the 1st rd to get two or three more very good players out of their next draft. They do have some assets that may come in handy to potentially do that with a couple of prospects who could have some value should they want to move them.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Not for this draft. If we end up with a top-5 pick the D are much better than the forwards available.
I would probably put Power,Clarke and Johnson in one tier, followed by Lambos,Edvinsson,Hughes,Guenther,Beniers and Eklund in the next.

Things are still wide open though.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Crazy that Raty didnt make the team, especially given he made it last year. Puistola (CAR, 73rd OV 2019) also didnt make it as a would-be-returnee. Puistola led last years team in goals and was 2nd in points.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Drafting a D in the first round is like getting socks and underwear for Christmas.
Sure I need them, but its nothing to get excited about.
What if they are sexy socks?

2015-12-17_Arthur_George2911_1296x.jpg

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
so slow Rafi
Lol. It's odd because I checked the end of the thread to see if it was already posted. When I did that it didn't show your post. I saw you mention the Michigan vs Minnesota game but not the Kent Johnson goal. I thought you would have posted it given you mentioned the game so I was surprised when I didn't see anything. Did you update your post or did I just completely miss the fact that you had posted that?

Regardless, Kent Johnson looks pretty damn talented. The broadcasters mentioned that he is a rink rat and the coaches have to constantly try to push him out of the rink which is a good sign.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Lol. It's odd because I checked the end of the thread to see if it was already posted. When I did that it didn't show your post. I saw you mention the Michigan vs Minnesota game but not the Kent Johnson goal. I thought you would have posted it given you mentioned the game so I was surprised when I didn't see anything. Did you update your post or did I just completely miss the fact that you had posted that?

Regardless, Kent Johnson looks pretty damn talented. The broadcasters mentioned that he is a rink rat and the coaches have to constantly try to push him out of the rink which is a good sign.

I updated the original post, which I made early in the 1st period. But still the KJ goal right after he scored.. I was watching the game. A few minutes ahead.. No worries , its a nice enough goal to post twice anyway.

Check this out lol https://twitter.com/search?q=#2021nhldraft&src=typed_query&f=live

Closeup look at the shot

Johnson had another play in that game where he attacked the middle of the ice on a defender did a similar spinnerama and unleashed a backhand that almost handcuffed the goalie
He is starting to figure things out more and more making the transition to the NCAA level.. Offensively he is dangerous and can make something out of nothing pretty quick. Defensively its a definite work in progress.

Last edited:
Reactions: RAFI BOMB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad